[ROM][CyanogenMod9][Themed][Updated] VanillaBean:V2

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that my gapps does over the original ics gapps is make sure that GNow and GEars works :p
I found a few bugs inside, will fix.
(Anyone getting issues with GNow and 2 cameras?)

jermmkay

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
How's the camera functionality? I have kids and need a reliable camera function. Is there a working/not working list? *Just a noob question, as I know nothing about being a dev: why is it so hard to get the camera working? That's been one of the plagues of many of the roms I've tried (usually CM9). Quite often, if it does work, it will freeze after one or two photos.* Keep up the good work! It's amazing how much is being done for the OV, and how much it's capable of.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
How's the camera functionality? I have kids and need a reliable camera function. Is there a working/not working list? *Just a noob question, as I know nothing about being a dev: why is it so hard to get the camera working? That's been one of the plagues of many of the roms I've tried (usually CM9). Quite often, if it does work, it will freeze after one or two photos.* Keep up the good work! It's amazing how much is being done for the OV, and how much it's capable of.

Camera is find here!;D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, here's the deal.

I forgot to fix the camera double problem- There are two camera icons in the drawer, only one works- one is a deadleg from the Jellybean Galley app- I'll remove it, or you guys can hide it in the Apex Settings- (Learn to use Apex, it's an amazing launcher). Keep in mind the Optimus V has a ty camera- it's an ugly 3.2 MP camera with LOTS of shutter lag. The time between shots is like 5 seconds or so, but the camera works. Shot after shot after shot. It doesn't freeze, it just has to work a bit.

Also, the reason Camera on ICS and JB is hard is because of the drivers- The GB Camera drivers are not compatible with ICS, etc. You have to write or modify new drivers for it which is VERY hard to get done.
Same reason why HQ on youtube doesn't work properly.

phantomspacecop

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried out this ROM a few days ago -- loved the style and it ran really nicely. I'm a newb who just figured out how to properly backup and flash things this week, but I'd say this is very nice work. Will tethering functionality be restored? I'm on BACKside right now but wanted to switch up to this. But I need my phoneternetz! :)

TannerRG

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Love this rom. Haven't tried overclocking yet tho. Does this rom have the disable egl patch already in it? Also, the bottom of the notification menu always says roaming indicator off, how can I get rid of that?

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about egl patch, Overclock is best on 7XX/300-450 on SavagedZen.
Anything else is wonky
I think the roaming indicator is a problem with the Framework-res.apk, I'll fix it.

TannerRG

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about egl patch, Overclock is best on 7XX/300-450 on SavagedZen.
Anything else is wonky
I think the roaming indicator is a problem with the Framework-res.apk, I'll fix it.

OK and 2 other things. Anyway to improve the keyboard lag and freezes or the white screen issues in fb and boat browser?

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried loading this rom 2x today and it just goes into a random reboot and never comes back. :/ I did a clean install and wiped the usual stuff an couldn't get it stable. I've been using different roms since day 1 and can't figure out what the deal is...

I'm on GingerDX right now with no issues. I was on tdm's Quattrimus for a while prior, but switched because of random reboots.

Derp.

wickedninja667

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting this! Almost got v1, until I saw a comment showing a link to v2 in the original thread. Will leave feedback when I get up to flashing it! :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Ditka2k7

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Flashed this rom and I'm liking it quite a bit. One thing I'm wondering is what is different on this rom that fixed the clock lag I had on quattrimus?

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I think there is no voice, cant remember if scrolling worked but pretty sure it did

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
GNow should work aside from voice if you did a clean wipe. On a dirty flash mien didnt work but on the clean flash it did

When it asks you to join Google Now don't accept; it'll work aside from voice