the AOKP PERFORMANCE THREAD

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
i've been seeing alot of random reboots lately and am wondering what everyone's OC/governor settings are along with the other options available on the aokp performance options screen.

scrolling cache settings? i have mine set to force enable...any reason i shouldnt do that?

also the minfree taskiller...i have set to keep 75mb free

i am currently at 480/600 interactivex

i am getting reboots every 15 minutes or so it seems like. sometimes when im literally doing nothing but looking at my home screen.

i have an sd-ext partition that im pretty sure is functioning properly...how do i check that?

post up your specs and the kind of performance you are seeing. inquiring minds want to know!

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
go to settings > about phone..... i bet the baseband is zv5.

What's the correlation between baseband and rr's. Are you sure that there's not a hardware difference (besides the screens) between phones that shipped with ZV4 and those that shipped with ZV5? Is there a way to change from ZV5 to ZV4? If there is, we could test performance issues between the basebands themselves.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I run cm9

I have 122/600 conservative (interactivex doesn't work well for me. Seems to stick to low frequencies when the screen is off, which makes it difficult to unlock and nearly impossible to enjoy music. And it randomly reboots) I personally prefer the interactive governor, but the kernel I use doesn't have it... I need to work on some more kernels....

And I wouldn't mess with minfree at all.

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
go to settings > about phone..... i bet the baseband is zv5.

yep it sure is.

---------- Post Merged at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:59 AM ----------

I run cm9

I have 122/600 conservative (interactivex doesn't work well for me. Seems to stick to low frequencies when the screen is off, which makes it difficult to unlock and nearly impossible to enjoy music. And it randomly reboots) I personally prefer the interactive governor, but the kernel I use doesn't have it... I need to work on some more kernels....

so leave it at the default setting? are you running a 3rd party task killer? i used to run advanced task killer but i uninstalled it thinking it might have been causing problems with minfree

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Task killers = bad.

I've been wanting to write an app called "task killer killer." The description would be something like "guaranteed to improve your phones performance. Do you have a lame task killer app installed that's killing all your apps making them load from the beginning every time you want to use them? Well I have some good news for you! This app will automatically kill that annoying task killer every time it does its nasty killing thing. Once that task killer is dead, all your apps will be able to stay loaded and you can switch between them with ease, the way it's supposed to be. No more waiting for them to load again every single time you run them. Also included is a magic button that im reality does absolutely nothing but says it did something special to speed up your 3g or something."

I'm serious, I will make this the next time I hear someone seriously consider using a task killer app. And it will cost $0.99

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
so leave it at the default setting? are you running a 3rd party task killer? i used to run advanced task killer but i uninstalled it thinking it might have been causing problems with minfree

There's a lot of discussion about task killer apps being fairly ineffective. I believe that most of the devs around here recommend against using them. Supposedly, the OS does a sufficient job managing applications. I have read an article in favor of there use, but I can't remember the point that was argued.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I use Task Killers all the time. I get 15? hours with heavy usuage. If your phone get chunky, you will notice a HUGE change in performance for clearing up ram.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I run cm9

Will you be releasing your cm9? Even tho I know you said it was close to tdm cm9!

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks sellers. :)

And I may upload my cm9 somewhere, but I don't plan to maintain it and officially support it. Quattrimus is better if you want reliability and anything that resembles support.

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks sellers. :)

And I may upload my cm9 somewhere, but I don't plan to maintain it and officially support it. Quattrimus is better if you want reliability and anything that resembles support.
be a third cm9 kernel to try if anything else. i would be delighted to play with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463