Help, Optimus V

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
On the sd-card, hence sd-ext ;). What you want to do first is backup the contents of your sd-card to your PC (pictures, and other important files). The preferred method is to format it through the recovery. After you've done the backup, come back for more information.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
It is really discouraged to install ICS in your case since it is not fully stable...its still in Beta/WIP status. I would recommend using Gingerbread (CM7)
I'm currently using this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...hacks/179602-rom-kernel-mirage-cm7-2-iho.html

The only reason why I recommend CM7 is because it is newbie friendly and will get you on the right path to using Beta and WIP roms (Currently CM9 and CM10)

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It is really discouraged to install ICS in your case since it is not fully stable...its still in Beta/WIP status. I would recommend using Gingerbread (CM7)
I'm currently using this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...hacks/179602-rom-kernel-mirage-cm7-2-iho.html

The only reason why I recommend CM7 is because it is newbie friendly and will get you on the right path to using Beta and WIP roms (Currently CM9 and CM10)

Never discourage someone from learning something new. We all had to start somewhere, and we didn't get to where we are without asking a few questions. When I started flashing, there were stable froyo ROMs, and WIP GB ROMs. I dove right into GB with no regrets. Let them try out ICS and decide whether or not it's a good fit for them. All the bugs are listed in the OP, so you know what you're getting into if you read it. Besides, an sd-ext partition is useful on any version of Android.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Never discourage someone from learning something new. We all had to start somewhere, and we didn't get to where we are without asking a few questions. When I started flashing, there were stable froyo ROMs, and WIP GB ROMs. I dove right into GB with no regrets. Let them try out ICS and decide whether or not it's a good fit for them. All the bugs are listed in the OP, so you know what you're getting into if you read it. Besides, an sd-ext partition is useful on any version of Android.

You're right, I agree. I guess it just depends on the end user and their capacity to learn something new. I just wanted him to have a pleasant experience rooting seeing that he has yet to create an sd-ext partition.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You're right, I agree. I guess it just depends on the end user and their capacity to learn something new. I just wanted him to have a pleasant experience rooting seeing that he has yet to create an sd-ext partition.

Yeah, I knew what you were getting at, and I knew you had their best interests at heart. That's why I was using as much hand holding as possible. You're right, in that this is verging on more advanced territory, and caution is necessary.

TaylordKris

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Just learning. But I do appreciate you guys.. but was the sd-ex partition in the tutorial? I don't recall seeing it. But would that possibly fix this play store?

thanks!

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Just learning. But I do appreciate you guys.. but was the sd-ex partition in the tutorial? I don't recall seeing it. But would that possibly fix this play store?

thanks!

I can't find it in this tutorial and honestly I think it should be added to partition the sd-card using recovery before installing a custom ROM. Both CM9 and CM10 rely on the sd-ext partition for extra storage.

As to your Play Store issue, I think it may resolve it self when you partition your sd-card since the ROM itself wouldn't be fully stable without an sd-ext partition.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Both CM9 and CM10 use a LOT of space, so an extended partition allows apps, and in some cases, other internal partitions, to be moved from internal storage to external storage. And, just so you know, all the current CM9 and CM10 ROMs for the OV do this automatically if you have an ext partition.

TaylordKris

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I see what you guys are saying, but damn! haha.. I think the phone is pretty much done now. Because I can't download anything on it. I accidentally formatted my sd card the other day(with my original backup of Gingerbread, and now im stuck with ICS, and I can't seem to find a way to do anything with this phone in terms of downloading the proper stuff, or via boot recovery.

If you guys know of anything, can you send me(if there is) a tutorial on how to fix "completely [removed] rooting android devices) lmaoo!

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I see what you guys are saying, but damn! haha.. I think the phone is pretty much done now. Because I can't download anything on it. I accidentally formatted my sd card the other day(with my original backup of Gingerbread, and now im stuck with ICS, and I can't seem to find a way to do anything with this phone in terms of downloading the proper stuff, or via boot recovery.

If you guys know of anything, can you send me(if there is) a tutorial on how to fix "completely [removed] rooting android devices) lmaoo!

thanks!

Nah its far from done. Just use a pc to download a different rom and gapps then enable usb mass storage to move them to your sd-card

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21