Well, I'm back. I've gone through 3 OV's now...
    New phone is running Harmonia 1.9. Recently, the phone has become very unstable, crashing frequently and rebooting itself. On reboot, it doesn't "remember" the settings that I have for my default app preferences. I also have a problem with installed widgets not appearing on my home screen. The widget app is installed and I can see it under settings, but the "error loading widget" box just keeps coming up. I have tried reinstalling LauncherPro, and I re-flashed the zip yesterday, with no problems. This is the same zip that I used on my two previous phones, which had non-software failures (the first one had a borked charging port and the second one's touchscreen stopped working while I was in the shower) with no problems. I cleared everything before both flashes and I am not overclocking. I have all my user apps on my SD card because I don't seem to have enough internal storage to put them all on there. I haven't installed many, my biggest hogs are Facebook and LauncherPro. The internal memory is more than half used up even with all the apps on the SD card.
    09-27-2012 11:17 PM
    I'd bet that your SD card is going bad. Try a fresh flash, and then run the phone without your SD card in, see if it is still unstable.
    adamhos likes this.
    09-27-2012 11:21 PM
    I reflashed and the phone was very stable for about a week. Now it's crashing again. How can an SD "go bad"?
    10-08-2012 12:10 PM
    Flash memory simply doesn't last forever.

The card supplied with the phone is of mediocre quality at best, and if you're running apps from it, flashing ROMs, etc...it's been getting quite a workout.
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-08-2012 02:57 PM
    +1 sd-card would be my suspect

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-08-2012 04:41 PM
    Huh, I knew there was a lifecycle on lash memory, but I didn't think I'd ever end up reaching it.. I use my SD card a TON because the phone has next to no internal memory for some reason. I also can't overclock as high as I used to be able to, I used to be able to run all the way up to 864MHz but I can't go above the low 800's now without the phone crashing. Maybe it's time for a different ROM. I liked Harmonia a lot but I've been having nothing but problems with the latest release.
    10-14-2012 04:02 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I used to be able to hit 864 no problems, now I'm lucky if I can even go as high as 806. I did have to replace my SD card, probably around April or May because of issues that you describe above. So, it lasted a little less than a year and a half.

Ben's Outlet - 2-Pack: Samsung 8GB Waterproof, Shockproof and Magnetproof Class 6 MicroSDHC Card MD-MS8GA High Speed Series w/ Jewel Case!
    10-15-2012 07:18 AM