Okay, I rooted my phone a few months back and it's been working perfect fine. Then the last few weeks it's been acting up. Certain things wouldn't update, it was getting really laggy, and everything was forcing close. Also occasionally it would die and I'd charge it a little and turn it back on and then it'd just keep shutting off and the screen that said "LG" would appear, turn off, turn on, turn off.. over and over. Even while connected to charger. Usually if I took the battery out and put it back in, it'd be fine and continue to work.

Well yesterday.. it was being extremely laggy and last night it died and I plugged it in and it kept going on and off, on and off. I took the battery out.. same problem. So I decided to just leave it alone over night. When I woke up, I tried it again. Same problem.. on and off, on and off. That's when I decided to get my old phone out, which has the same battery. I've swapped the batteries out before and used them both on my current phone and it's worked no problem. Well I put my previous phone's battery in.. and it wouldn't even turn on. I had checked it on my old phone.. it was fully charged. So I plugged it in with my old battery and once more it'd go on and off. After that I decided to try and charge my current phone's battery in my old phone. It would only get up to 1% on current phone. I let it get up to 25% on old one. I put it in my Optimus V and it turned on once, and then went right back off and is now continuing to go on and off.

I'm not sure what the problem is. If it's the phone or the rooting. Does anyone know a way to fix this, or how to unroot the phone? I have Cyanogenmod 7 on it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    10-01-2012 04:26 PM
    sounds like you need to do a thorough wipe and fresh install... and perhaps upgrade to a newer version of whatever rom you are running... then let it charge fully, and calibrate battery... :-)
    10-01-2012 04:34 PM
    How exactly would I do a thorough wipe?

and thank you for the fast reply!
    10-01-2012 04:36 PM
    Did you flash a rom when you rooted?
    Can you get to recovery mode?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    10-01-2012 04:49 PM
    - enter recovery from powered off state (hold home/vol down/home, release after lg logo appears)

- mounts and storage>format boot>format system>format data>format cache>format sd-ext (if you have one)

- flash rom>flash gapps>reboot
    10-01-2012 05:03 PM
    Okay, I did that.. it didn't work at first, but then I did something (and I'm not sure what) and now it's working again. So thanks.
    clodfelterac likes this.
    10-01-2012 11:29 PM
    good deal!... im glad you got it all worked out... :-)
    10-01-2012 11:33 PM