How to Get more internal storage space Help

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
To get the best results. Use the partition SD card option found in a custom recovery like the ZenGarden recovery. Developed by the previous poster.

You can only use no more than 20% of the actual storage space on the SD card for a partition, but Link2SD works best with a 2GB partition. You need an SD card with enough actual storage space, that at the very least, will allow you to to have a 1GB partition.

If you use an 8-32GB SD card it is almost imperative that you use the recovery to make the partition. You can then change the partitions format to whatever you need with Mini Tool Partition Wizard.

I like to flash a fresh ROM then install Titanium Backup ,widget apps, Root Uninstaller, and Link2SD.

Open up Link2SD and choose the format of the partition you made on the SD card. Then reboot.
After your phone revolts, open up Link2SD and go to the menu and select the "Auto Link" function.
Close and then open up Titanium Backup. Restore your apps.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
To get the best results. Use the partition SD card option found in a custom recovery like the ZenGarden recovery. Developed by the previous poster.

You can only use no more than 20% of the actual storage space on the SD card for a partition, but Link2SD works best with a 2GB partition. You need an SD card with enough actual storage space, that at the very least, will allow you to to have a 1GB partition.

If you use an 8-32GB SD card it is almost imperative that you use the recovery to make the partition. You can then change the partitions format to whatever you need with Mini Tool Partition Wizard.

I like to flash a fresh ROM then install Titanium Backup ,widget apps, Root Uninstaller, and Link2SD.

Open up Link2SD and choose the format of the partition you made on the SD card. Then reboot.
After your phone revolts, open up Link2SD and go to the menu and select the "Auto Link" function.
Close and then open up Titanium Backup. Restore your apps.

You sure like pushin that recovery lol....are you getting paid lol

Jk...actually its a great recovery, i swear every post I read of yours you are pushin it :D

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You sure like pushin that recovery lol....are you getting paid lol

Jk...actually its a great recovery, i swear every post I read of yours you are pushin it :D

Some people push the COT recovery too, and that is a great recovery and would be better if the Windows drivers were updated.

Speaking of getting paid, I'm most likely going to start taking donations in about a month for the Project SuperiorIrkenOrgans.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Some people push the COT recovery too, and that is a great recovery and would be better if the Windows drivers were updated.

Speaking of getting paid, I'm most likely going to start taking donations in about a month for the Project SuperiorIrkenOrgans.

Lol, you do nice work

Kimdvm

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if I'm being dense here, but how do you increase your internal storage? I was running MiRaGe with a 16GB sd card and using link2sd and internal storage was still almost full. I just flashed Harmonia and Internal storage is showing total space 179MB and available space 154MB. I don't want to restore any more apps if I'm just going to run into the same problem.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
What size SD card do you have, and what size partition did you make? Also: What is the partition formatted to?
Which Harmonia did you install?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a fresh install of Harmonia?
I use Root Uninstaller (I have the pro version). When you first open it up it will save all downloaded and installed apps in their .apk form to the sd card. You then can copy and paste the Titanium Backup and Link2SD.apk from the Root Uninstaller folder on the sd card to the root of the sd card.
Now you can start the fresh install of Harmonia. When you have finished the fresh install and rebooted a few times to tighten up the ROM, go to the sd card and tap each .apk to install.
Then from the Titanuium Backup app on the phone, install all the widget apps and any app you think needs to be on the phone.
Open up the Link2SD app and select the ext.4 option in the pop up that will apear and reboot the phone. When the phone reboots go to the Link2SD app and select the menu/settings/and check the Auto Link option.
Then go back to the Titanium Backup app and finish installing the rest of your apps.
After that then you can delete the bloatware that is safe to install.

For more info go here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/695963-link2sd-tutorial-new-updated-version.html
and here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...e-apks-their-purpose-safe-not-remove-big.html

Kimdvm

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a fresh install of Harmonia?

Actually, I had but I decided to start over including partitioning the sd card from recovery (which I didn't do before). After the latest install of Harmonia and reading the guides you linked to, I decided to go back to MiRaGe and delete more unnecessary apps. So far, so good on internal storage space - thanks for your help. I do have a few questions. I think part of my problem was how I was that I was using the "move to sd card" option of Link2sd. After reading a few posts on the subject, the difference appears to be that linking moves apps to the second partition while move to sd card moves them to the first. Is that correct? Why is linking preferable? Neither option should fill up internal memory though so was my problem from unnecessary system apps? Finally on an unrelated note: adamhos has a screenshot showing .99GB total internal storage. How is that possible? Is that a custom ROM feature allowing sd card space to be read as internal memory? I'm really just curious as this point as I don't think I'll be changing ROMs again anytime soon.

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I had but I decided to start over including partitioning the sd card from recovery (which I didn't do before). After the latest install of Harmonia and reading the guides you linked to, I decided to go back to MiRaGe and delete more unnecessary apps. So far, so good on internal storage space - thanks for your help. I do have a few questions. I think part of my problem was how I was that I was using the "move to sd card" option of Link2sd. After reading a few posts on the subject, the difference appears to be that linking moves apps to the second partition while move to sd card moves them to the first. Is that correct? Why is linking preferable? Neither option should fill up internal memory though so was my problem from unnecessary system apps? Finally on an unrelated note: adamhos has a screenshot showing .99GB total internal storage. How is that possible? Is that a custom ROM feature allowing sd card space to be read as internal memory? I'm really just curious as this point as I don't think I'll be changing ROMs again anytime soon.

you are correct... there are many methods, most of which are unnecessarily tedious... i have included a2sdx in Jellybread-SIO... your internal = your sdext size... no linking/etc needed...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/270288-rom-jellybread-sio.html
:)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Linking allows you to move all but widget apps (and a very small number of apps that just have to be on the internal storage to work).
It also has the advantage of causing the linked apps to open a whole lot quicker.
Link2SD gives you way more control over all apps ( both those pre-installed into ROM by developer and downloaded) than the previous posters method.

If you like total control go with Link2SD.
If you could care less, go with the previous posters suggestion.

Smokey Keita

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V and getting tired of not being able to install apps or installing apps and removing others cause I have no internal phone space right now it shows 18.6megs but in no time I get the low on space message when loading apps..
I've already moved all the apps I can to the SD card but just not enough. Could someone direct me or tell me a solution or can I purchase more memory ? anything? very frustrating not being able to use the phone for what apps I want..

by the way my phone is already rooted with gingerbreak if that makes a difference

Matt Mclean2

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
is this really true?...
you have to wipe the system, data, and everything else and re-flash the ROM just to partition the card?
I thought that the Recovery could take care of that and just had to format the SD then re-copy from a computer...
Then use the Link2SD app to recgonize or find the partition.
Obviously I have not done this as of yet, but would like to
thx:)