Good bye, you amazing community...

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am sorry to say I am now leaving the Optimus V, and moving to a Galaxy nexus. I am not sad about the phone im getting, but I am sad about the community I am leaving. The best of the best, the most dedicated, the most friendly, and the most active rooting/hack community for android. I wanted to say thank you to ALL of you who helped me along the way, and I want to say good bye to all of you. I will be popping in to give visits and to test ROMs here and there, but I won't be posting as much as I used too. Good bye my fellow users, and thank you for everything!

Special thanks:
TDM - your amazing work on ICS, and your dedication to this community. You sir did a lot, and you deserve a lot of credit, thank you.

BobZhome - Your amazing ROMs, Your Amazing tech support, and your passion for this phone, I thank you. Your ROM was the first I ever used.

Mrg666 - For the best Gingerbread/ROM I have EVER used. Your ROM shows the power of this phone, and how much you can do with it. Thank you so much for sharing your ROM and your amazing kernel.

And to all other community members(Sellers86, ThatGuyLurkin, Blarf, EarthFire, LeoLawliet, Redbaron2005, LeslieAnn, and many others) - Thank you for showing your support, testing, creating, and debugging ROMs/patches that showed off how good this phone was. All I can say is thank you.

Thanks again guys, and long live the Optimus!

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Bye, have fun with your nexus. I have a feeling you'll be back more than you think :)

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Dude you'll be back :)

Even when I stopped using Virgin Mobile and moved on to T-Mobile, I continued to check back here on a daily basis. Still thought it was the best phone I ever owned, I love our community much better than the LG E739 community, much more supportive and friendly over here, not so competitive. I learned most of what I ever wanted to know about Android in general thanks to this community and I'm not such a noob anymore ^_^

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow i just stumbled across this post. This is why I love Android.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought about make a new goodbye thread...but this thread took the words :D
I too will be leaving this great great community sadly.. because of all the support,help,tips, step by step instruction.
I just bought the HTC evo v 4g. Really nice upgrade :D I would like to thank you for all your help, Rom, Mods, tweaks, patches, thank guys/girls
Goodbye!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I miss the OV community. I still pop in every now and again to see what is going on. The Optimus V was my first smartphone and I enjoyed all the rom's this community had. I ran everyone of the IHO roms at one point in time. I switched to the Elite but had too many issues so now I'm on the One V and it"s a great little phone. Still miss my OV

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34