Question about miui v4 porting and such

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I was just over at the xda forums looking thru the p500 section and found a full list of good looking miui v4 roms. It got me thinking why we haven't seen really any on the v, ported or otherwise, why is that? Is the porting process such a pain that it's too difficult? Is there not any interest in porting these? Are there some other factors involved? i am actually trying to get my feet wet in porting or development, i've been reading up A LOT and think i'll go a head and at least try to do this myself. For now I might just use aenas rom and learn....but back to the topic at hand, any one know why there may be a lack of miui attempts? Things that might be good for me to know before i "paint myself into a corner" possibly?

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The rom all together is 150MBs+.

Trimming down comes to 120.
The themes and Music, keyboard, other MIUI apps are 4-15 MBs.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I think i'll try at least, if nothing else it will be a learning experience. What size does it need to be for it to be bootable on the V?

johnh02

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I hope you can release them soon because I love miui its the best looking rom to me

Sent from my Miui Optimus V

Nico72

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Gannon had it ported with his CM9 port process I believe. It ran slow-ish at first, but after a few updates it started getting better and better. The only issue is resizing everything to MDPI, even any custom themes and such.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Idk if v4 ever had resizing issues. Unless it was porting issues. Its really easy to port tbh. I ported one a few weeks back, but the Launcher wasn't there due to rom size+Gapps. I found one that 109MB. Im sure that would run better than all the onea i attempted.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope you can release them soon because I love miui its the best looking rom to me
Sent from my Miui Optimus V

lol... well it looks like ken is wanting to tackle this one... (hopefully kaioken <--- pun intended, lol)... id rather focus my attention on my existing ports... :)

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
lol... well it looks like ken is wanting to tackle this one... (hopefully kaioken <--- pun intended, lol)... id rather focus my attention on my existing ports... :)

In time, don't forget the best things come to those who wait ;)

Edit:

small but imo important update, I got it booting, in testing now. Rom is quite large still, looking for ways to trim it down, after I get it to a nice usable level i'll ask for permissions and hopefully release soon

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20