I've been playing around with my phone this week. (I had rooted and applied a custom ROM to my old Optimus V, but I had to send it in for warranty this summer. I'm finally getting around to doing it all again.) I've tried Harmonia 2.09 and MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO so far. But I do not like the status bar, keyboard, or dial pad used in either one. I prefer the stock version of those elements (as well as slider lock.) Is there a way to change those few elements back to the stock option? Or do I need to find a different theme? Or do I need a different ROM? (Its kinda hard wading through everything here. A lot has changed in the year since I customized my first phone.)
    10-07-2012 02:37 PM
    Well you can get different cm7 themes from the market that'll get most of what you want. You can get different keyboards as well (I prefer SwiftKey). You can also try harmonia 1.8(?) or bumblebee rom if you prefer the feel of froyo.

Edit: the lock screen can be switched to other styles via settings-cyanogenmod settings-lockscreen-style options-lockscreen style. On mirage or harmonia 2.x

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-07-2012 03:03 PM
    Thanks. Maybe I'll try Harmonia 1.x this time. I think Bumblebee was what I had on my old phone before it went crazy (random reboots & touchscreen not responding). Can I do the whole Link 2 SD thing with Harmonia or Bumblebee? That's my biggest problem now, no memory. It's what forced me to Root and customize the phone... kinda a last resort before replacing.
    10-07-2012 08:12 PM
    Thanks. Maybe I'll try Harmonia 1.x this time. I think Bumblebee was what I had on my old phone before it went crazy (random reboots & touchscreen not responding). Can I do the whole Link 2 SD thing with Harmonia or Bumblebee? That's my biggest problem now, no memory. It's what forced me to Root and customize the phone... kinda a last resort before replacing.
    Bumblebee has been brought back as bumblebee resurrected

Edit: link2sd should work with either

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-07-2012 08:31 PM
    I ended up going with Gingersnap. I had considered it before Mirage (and after Harmonia 2). I like the style better than both of those already.

EDIT: And apparently that was a bad idea, since my phone hates it. Everything keeps crashing, like the keyboard?!?!! So I'll be redoing it again today, and if it's no better, then it's back to trying a different ROM.
    10-07-2012 09:17 PM