I am just wondering if it is possible to use KDZ updater to flash the OV kdz to my Slider? I have gone through the process several times with no luck. Is it even possible and if it is, would I be able to flash OV ROMs to the Slider?
    10-10-2012 12:42 AM
    Not a good idea! If you did get it you'd probably be permabricked

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-10-2012 04:08 AM
    The two handsets have different mainboards. If you could force the firmware on there, it would most likely destroy your Slider. Some models are close enough that you can get away with it (VM670 & LS670) but these are not (VM670 & VM701)

Thus he spake
    10-10-2012 06:36 AM
    Well, if you're patient, just letting you know that tdm has a Slider and has been working on ICS for the Slider.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    10-10-2012 12:02 PM
    Well, the idea was more for the signal issues I'm having. I've founds that for some reasn the files on the OV allow for better signal strength. is there a way to use them on the Slider without messing it up?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums
    10-10-2012 12:13 PM
    I highly doubt it

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    10-11-2012 10:19 AM
    Well, the idea was more for the signal issues I'm having. I've founds that for some reasn the files on the OV allow for better signal strength. is there a way to use them on the Slider without messing it up?

I'm guessing you're probably thinking of the ZV9 baseband update. These files update the radio on the Optimus V, and some people think they improve call quality/ data speed. DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR SLIDER! First of all, it wasn't made for it and I could easily see it bricking your phone. Second, I don't think it can be undone. In general, you should only flash roms recoveries and mods that were built/ported for your phone.

My brother has the slider, and unfortunately there isn't anywhere near the development community behind it. There is a forum on here for it though. Check it out:

Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    10-12-2012 03:00 PM
    I'm guessing you're probably thinking of the ZV9 baseband update. These files update the radio on the Optimus V, and some people think they improve call quality/ data speed. DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR SLIDER! First of all, it wasn't made for it and I could easily see it bricking your phone. Second, I don't think it can be undone. In general, you should only flash roms recoveries and mods that were built/ported for your phone.

My brother has the slider, and unfortunately there isn't anywhere near the development community behind it. There is a forum on here for it though. Check it out:

Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    No, it's more that I have a OV and Slider, both on zv5, but for some reason the OV seems to have a better 3G connection. I have gone through this process with the optimus t, flashed a kdz for the optimus one, then flashed a kdz for the optimus v. the OT now has a better 3G connection and is running OV ROMs. didnt know if it was possible to do the same to the Slider, so I asked.....
    10-13-2012 10:33 PM
    When did you flash OV fw on an OT? Just wondering.
    10-13-2012 10:59 PM
    When did you flash OV fw on an OT? Just wondering.
    About as month ago

10-14-2012 10:44 PM
    99% sure the Slider had a faulty radio. The 3g speed on the slider was better than my old Optimus V, but it would cut out and reconnect a lot. I can see LG and VM doing this since the Slider uses the same processor as the OV, just clocked up some. It's a cheap phone, and it shows.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2
    10-18-2012 09:42 PM