New and rooted, have a couple questions/problems.

FullWolfMoon

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I'm completely new to all of this. I didn't think I ever would bother, but I went ahead and dove in and rooted my phone a couple of weeks ago. After spending hours reading up on all of the precautions and how-tos so that I didn't brick it. It went smoothly and I'm thrilled with all the new things I can do with my phone now! It's really exciting. Like having a whole new phone! Thanks to all you wonderful people who worked so hard to make sure people like me don't screw things up too bad when we try this kind of thing, I was able to do it and not brick my phone! So, yay for that!

I'm using Harmonia 2 ROM and love it.

I'm not worried about battery life, since I expected it would run down faster and that's not an issue for me. But I noticed when my battery is down and I plug it in to charge it, it seems to go to 100 % (Or say it is anyway) pretty quickly. Faster than it ever did previously. It just seems like it charges too quickly or something. Am I to trust this is correct or could it not be fully charged, but somehow just saying it is? Is there a way to fix this if it's not fully charged but somehow saying 100 % anyway? I saw in the Recovery mode something about wiping battery, but I didn't touch that as I don't know what it does or doesn't do.

Also, for the past couple of days I've had a lot of dropped calls, and problems sending SMS. When I've tried making calls, the call will drop or end immediately or shortly after I've placed the call. Not every time though. I think people have been having trouble getting through to me as well.

I was using Go SMS Pro which really worked well for me, but all of a sudden after a reboot, it said it wasn't installed and I tried to reboot again, tried to take out the battery and reboot, tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, but when I attempted to install it again from the Play Store it goes through the download, then tries to install, then gives me an invalid message and won't let me do anything. I'm not having an issue with any other of my apps. I am now using Handcent SMS, which is OK, but I don't know if it's the app or my phone, but my messages seem to have a harder time getting through. Inconsistently, I am getting and sending delayed texts which is getting frustrating. But, I'm not sure if this is a phone problem, rooting problem, or service problem though. If this is anything that could be related to rooting and possibly fixed, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

ebrown761

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never used Harmonia 2 so don't know the known issues with the rom but its always a good idea "when in doubt, do a fresh wipe and install", and with the battery i try to make sure with any flash to a new rom I'm ether at 100% when flashed or after flashed the first couple charges try n let your battery drain to 20 percent or below then leave plugged in till 100% that should set your battery stats

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If your issues continue I would also reflash with a clean wipe (don't forget dalvik cache)
As for the battery, I would do as the post above says but add 1 step
When it says 100%, unplug the charger then shut the phone off, then attach the charger and wait until the battery is solid
This may take a couple charges to get you back on track and it may be total BS but seems to work for me when I have a battery 'drain' issue

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21