Market won't download/install apps with screen off

unknownsoldierx

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem when I was running Backside CM7, and now with Quattrimus CM9. The market stops whatever it is doing once the screen goes off.

I'll be downloading an app or getting some app updates and it works as long as I keep the screen on. I can have it start to download updates, set it down and come back a few hours later and it will have downloaded the first in the list, but be stuck on "installing". None of the other items have downloaded. After a few seconds, it installs the one and starts downloading the next. Happens every time.

I can temporarily disable the screen timeout, but it's annoying to do that all the time.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you running any "battery saver" apps. I had a similar problem a while back with Juice Defender. It would turn off wifi and mobile data when the screen turned off. I would think if you had the same weird problem on two roms that are that divergent, it must be an app that you've installed on both.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
If it was me, I would double check all your settings again under wireless and networks
maybe something is checked that's not supposed to be.
screen timeout should not disable data feed.
Are you mainly relying on wifi or 3g when downloading?

dknight3

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
yup i have same problem with quat
and im having issues with the a2sd or whatever its caled that is built in i can never get it to work properly....
oh well

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I am almost always on wifi, but this happens with 3g too. Wifi is set to not turn off automatically.
Okay, well select 1 or the other turn wifi off..then see what happens. are there are other APs you're running section to contribute to this issue ? I.e battery saver?

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Go into settings,
wifi,
hit the menu button
then advance
There should be a label called 'Keep Wifi on during sleep'
Make sure that says 'always' and not 'never'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members