Andorid system recovery

fubar1o2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I tried to reset my phone today. I believe I made the mistake of doing the regular reset to factory settings. I had the following installed for me: Build : RA-thunderc01.1.0-GNM.

Currently i am stuck in Android system recovery and I can't get out of it. i basically tried rebooting, backup/restore/ flash zip from sdcard and wipe. took battery out and restarted while holding volume down and home. None of that worked. I would like the simplest way to make the phone work again. Thanks in advance.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So you have an option to flash zip from sd?

Put a new rom.zip on your sd
And flash through recovery

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

fubar1o2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I put the gingerbread apk file on the phone. When i got to flash from sdcard it only gives me the option of stock_rooted_and_optimized.zip

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
You need to place a zipped rom on your SD card. Mirage or harmony, etc. Then flash the zip file from recovery. You can not flash an apk file. Good luck. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670

fubar1o2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I installed Mirage, then rebooted. It went back to the recovery screen. I noticed there was a Mirage kernel on that site. Was i supposed to install the kernel too?

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
No the zip contains the kernel. What recovery are you using? After you flashed mirage did you select reboot phone or reboot recovery?

Sent from my LG-VM670

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
No the zip contains the kernel. What recovery are you using? After you flashed mirage did you select reboot phone or reboot recovery?

Sent from my LG-VM670

It's in the op RA-thunderc-gnm its old. He needs to install Xionia or COT recovery so he can use the fix boot loop option

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

fubar1o2

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my LG-VM670

It only gives me the option to reboot phone, not to reboot recovery.

It's in the op RA-thunderc-gnm its old. He needs to install Xionia or COT recovery so he can use the fix boot loop option

I am gonna try to install 1 of those 2 you mentioned.

fubar1o2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just installed COT. When i restarted phone it said something about Canaboid. I picked restore factory settings, and it went into a screen with a circular arrow with a fedora hat on top.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
There should be an option for fix boot loop in one of the menus
Then I would factory reset in the recovery and reboot and see what happens

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I installed COT. I did the fix loop thing and rebooted. It worked. Now i have cyanogen on it. Thanks for the help,everyone!

Glad you got it worked out, for future reference never factory reset from the privacy menu. From recovery is fine. All up to date custom roms have it removed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz