I partitioned my SD card to flash OM-Mandylion and now I have none of my pictures, files, etc. anymore. Is there any way I can fix or reverse this?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-24-2012 05:42 PM
    Not if you formatted your SD card
    Did you make a backup?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    10-24-2012 05:51 PM
    If you backed up your SD then your pics are in dcim folder

10-24-2012 05:52 PM
    I did not back it up. I just made a partition in recovery and proceeded to flash the rom.

10-24-2012 06:16 PM
    If your photos are still there they are in the dcim folder

10-24-2012 06:33 PM
    Stop using the SD card.
    The only way to fix this is to go dive deep into the world of linux.
    You need a copy of Hirens Boot CD, and you need LiLi to install it to a flash drive.
    Once it's on the flash drive, you need to set your computer to boot from the flash drive, and launch parted magic from the Hirens boot menu.
    You also need a SD/MicroSD card reader for you computer.

In Parted magic, there are several utilities that can dump .jpg images from an overwritten media card.
    Dump them to your hard drive, and hope for the best,

If this is too hard to follow, you've pretty much lost everything on your card.
    A-android-B likes this.
    10-24-2012 06:50 PM
    Photos aren't there. Everything is gone except for apps and app data. Would try that method, but don't have an SD reader.

10-24-2012 06:54 PM
    Well, you're pretty much out of luck. The SD card was formatted when you partitioned the SD card. When you format the card, the card gets wiped blank. You can get a cheap reader on ebay for $1.59. If you want to attempt to recover the photos, you need to not use the SD card at all. Every byte of data written to it is less of a chance you have to recover anything.
    10-24-2012 07:02 PM
    Whenever you want to partition on SD card, And you want to keep what's on there currently, You need to copy everything onto a hard drive on a laptop or desktop...then partition /format. After that's done, Copy paste. I'd suggest at least an 8 gig micro if not more. I also recommend a higher class SD card as well!
    I don't believe mandolin requires a partition, but other ROM's do& It is helpful for internal storage issues
    10-24-2012 07:28 PM
    Well, you're pretty much out of luck. The SD card was formatted when you partitioned the SD card. When you format the card, the card gets wiped blank. You can get a cheap reader on ebay for $1.59. If you want to attempt to recover the photos, you need to not use the SD card at all. Every byte of data written to it is less of a chance you have to recover anything.
    Almost every form of digital memory is never really erased but rather flagged as rewritable and "empty"(you can't normally see it) it is possible unless it was on the end of the card which is now the ext partition. I am pretty sure changing file systems is a fairly secure way to pretty much delete things

10-24-2012 07:56 PM
    Almost every form of digital memory is never really erased but rather flagged as rewritable and "empty"(you can't normally see it) it is possible unless it was on the end of the card which is now the ext partition. I am pretty sure changing file systems is a fairly secure way to pretty much delete things

Did you read my previous post? I explained how he could recover the data using tools in Linux. He then said that he didn't have a card reader to attach to his computer, which is pretty much the only way to properly do what I told him to do.
    Every byte of data written to it is less of a chance you have to recover anything.
    That says that if he keeps on using his SD card, he will eventually overwrite the flagged data.
    10-24-2012 11:27 PM
    If you partition the sd card in recovery, doesn't it automatically format the card?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-25-2012 04:56 AM
    If you partition the sd card in recovery, doesn't it automatically format the card?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes it does, but you can use a free program for Windows called Recova it works great for recovering files, I've used to recover a few pictures that I do no want to ever loss. Just make sure to not have anything written to the card, as it can easily over write what you want to recover.
    upconvert likes this.
    10-26-2012 08:31 PM