clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Like the reorganization! Looking forward to more quality roms!

I'm really liking illusion so far!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
updates are in the works... theyre done for the most part... minor performance/stability tweaking additions/subtractions... they all seem to run smoother... :)

MaRz0o

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
OH phew! I thought like the ROMs/Threads were taken down. I was like noooooooo I don't know the Samurai Dev website! Thanks man lol.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Awesome all your Roms in one thread!! Enjoying your galaxy port with no time lagged!! Keep up the great work!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I would say you could expand your first post with a little bit about each ROM, might lessen the "what's the difference between..." questions and such, and make it easier to provide support in this thread.

jermmkay

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Quick question: I really want to try out the Illusion ROM, but I'm on ZV5, and the no wifi is a MAJOR deal breaker. I saw the work around for the wifi was to use 3rd party apps. I've never seen a 3rd party app for wifi. How does one do this?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: I really want to try out the Illusion ROM, but I'm on ZV5, and the no wifi is a MAJOR deal breaker. I saw the work around for the wifi was to use 3rd party apps. I've never seen a 3rd party app for wifi. How does one do this?

You should have Wi-Fi and it will work fine; unless you are on an Optimus S. Unfamiliar territory for me there, you'll probably have to find your answer in the S forums.

What's broken in these ROMs is Wi-Fi tethering, which means you take your phone's 3G connection (mobile data) and share it with another device, like a tablet or PC.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
thats no good... it shouldnt do that... (checking it out now)...

i got the same error... try clearing your browser history/cache and rebooting... or try the alternate link i just posted... thank you for reporting the problem...

fixed... :)

Last edited:

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I was so psyched to test this out with all the exact tweaks I wanted built-in (ie. app2ext, beats audio, etc) but main problem is wifi. It says error when I try turning it on. =[
I'm on ZV4 if that's the problem.
EDIT: Oh and the ROM I tried was Illusion 2.3.7

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I was so psyched to test this out with all the exact tweaks I wanted built-in (ie. app2ext, beats audio, etc) but main problem is wifi. It says error when I try turning it on. =[
I'm on ZV4 if that's the problem.
EDIT: Oh and the ROM I tried was Illusion 2.3.7

Could be a bad flash, try re flashing,if that does not work try flashing a new gb kernel that should fix the wifi error!!
PS. I have a zv4 and its 100% stable no reboots, I can over clock to the Max with out a single lag, or reboot!! :D

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Could be a bad flash, try re flashing,if that does not work try flashing a new gb kernel that should fix the wifi error!!
PS. I have a zv4 and its 100% stable no reboots, I can over clock to the Max with out a single lag, or reboot!! :D

what recovery did you use? did you have to flash a different gb kernel? cuz I rewiped and reflashed like twice

Also, could you tell me your exact steps of installation?

Last edited:

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Update: Just installed latest TWRP and tried installing again. Still no wifi. Tried flashing a zip after the ROM booted once. Still no wifi. I give up =[

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Update: Just installed latest TWRP and tried installing again. Still no wifi. Tried flashing a zip after the ROM booted once. Still no wifi. I give up =[

i can now personally confirm wifi is fully functional on zv5/zv9, and per user reports, zv4... i just activated, rooted my brother-in-laws new (refurbed) optimus v via gingerbreak1..2, flashed latest cot beta, full format, flashed Illusion 2.3.7/gapps... upon reboot, connected to my brothers droidx via native wifi (according to virgin mobile he has to wait 2-4 hours before hell have data), got him signed in/synced with playstore, downloaded a few apps... absolutely no problems!!!

this got me curious as to why it doesnt work for me on my zv5... so i flashed harmonia1.9 to try the activate.apk to see if it would help... didnt help, error and phone freeze... but i did notice that my baseband was noted as zv4, and sw version noted as zv5... lol, wtf?... how does that work?... im assuming that others may have this same problem... <---- update: zv4/5bb both run off/can run off zv5 sw... i remembered this after the fact...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar