Any cm10 builds or cm9 that...

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone continuing cm10 past what bobz has done also is anyone continuing cm9 past what tdm has done with quattrimus if so can I get the names of these roms? Thanks for u guys time!

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

johnh02

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Well thekraven's cai rom is way past quattrimus cm9. Its in the optimus s forums if you wanna try it. Cm10- idk what's going on with it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Let me help you with CM9 using thekraven's Cold as Ice ROM:
1. Go here http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/156640-rom-cold-ice-cm9-sprint-ls670-10-13-zvd-basesband-alpha18.html
2. Download "Alpha 18c"
3. Download "New Gapps with older voice search inside"
4. Download "11/11 Virst fix2 for alpha 18 Attachment 45736 Build.prop fixes should help with market compatibilyt"
5. Clean, full wipe and Install in order as you would usually any other ROM.

Why use this ROM you ask?
Working YouTube HQ videos. Working Voice Search (older version of Voice Search but hey, it works). Fully functional Camera and Camcorder (no distortions on preview screen). Fastcharge USB widget (faster charging? Personally, haven't tested if it actual does charge faster but it's nice to have).

;)

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Bob said he'd get back to the job in the new year. In the meantime, I agree that cai is by far the best ics we have, and theKraven is constantly developing it. One note on what was said above, I don't think the camcorder works, but otherwise, right on.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
With my OV is there anything special I would have to do to get the CIA for OS to work on my phone?

The second post on the cai thread has all of the patches for the ov. If you install alpha 18c, and the gapps, then install the alpha18 patch. I think I rebooted between gapps and the patch, but idk if that's necessary or not.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a little, but people have posted fixes with either clock sync apps or one of the previous kernels from theKraven. I don't usually worry about it, so I haven't investigated either fix.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Camcorder works fine for me. Just tested it but to watch the video, you need an app like MX Player. Didn't need to reboot before or after gapps. Just installed one after the other and it worked fine for me. Hope this helps :)

Oh and kernel 21 has the least clock lag but it's still present. Not that big of a problem though.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Really? That's cool about the camcorder. Are you running 18c? Mine fc's after 9 sec and the vids are blank. Wonder what I did...

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Been running cold as ice for some time now (since 18c was released) and must say it is wicked sweet, I wish thekraven would make a v thread (even if it was just a copy of the s thread or even just a link to the s thread lol) I asked once but never got a reply.

come to the dark side

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Camcorder works fine for me. Just tested it but to watch the video, you need an app like MX Player. Didn't need to reboot before or after gapps. Just installed one after the other and it worked fine for me. Hope this helps :)

Oh and kernel 21 has the least clock lag but it's still present. Not that big of a problem though.

I downloaded videocam illusion, and that works well.

DarthBill13

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in trying out CAI as I've been using Quattrimus for some time now. Since this is primarily for the S, are there any issues with the buttons being reversed on the V? Is CAI stable enough for daily constant use or is it still too experimental for that?

Also what apps are there to overcome the CM9 clock lag, I've almost been late a few times due to looking at my phone for the time only to double check and see it update to correct the 10-20 mins it was off. I've also seen the notification bar time differ from clock app time.

One more thing, I saw on the CAI OP that it says ZVD only. I have ZV9, is this an issue I need to worry about?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in trying out CAI as I've been using Quattrimus for some time now. Since this is primarily for the S, are there any issues with the buttons being reversed on the V? Is CAI stable enough for daily constant use or is it still too experimental for that?

Also what apps are there to overcome the CM9 clock lag, I've almost been late a few times due to looking at my phone for the time only to double check and see it update to correct the 10-20 mins it was off. I've also seen the notification bar time differ from clock app time.

No button issues, there's a patch for that.

As stable as quat, or better, way more fixes.

Read exprophecy's post about 4 or 5 posts earlier in this tread re:clock lag.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

johnh02

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

One more thing, I saw on the CAI OP that it says ZVD only. I have ZV9, is this an issue I need to worry about?

Its great I've been running cai for a month straight. No issues. For clock lag it isn't that bad if you flash a certain kernel. And if your on zv9 you should only flash zvd for sprint roms. Just remember to flash the virgin fix.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad