Little help with Cold as Ice and a new SD Card.

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new Class 10 16 MicroSD card from Sandisk so I figured now would be a good time to upgrade from Quattrimus to Cold as Ice(because I've heard so many good things about it).
So I know that Quattrimus had a special thing that you had to do with the memory card (which I did long ago). But I don't know what I have to do for Cold as Ice.

I'm not worried about backing anything up because right now I just want a fresh start.
So first I want to use a link2sd type script so how should I format my new memory card? Does the Cold As Ice ROM script automatically move them or what would I need to do?
Then I already have the Latest Cold as Ice ROM, Gaps, and Virgin mobile fix. So I could just flash them after I get the memory card setup right?
And then I think I'd be good to go.

So would anyone help me out with these questions?
Thanks, Ray

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
CAI is awesome, and you will love it. It has a built in app2sd function, you just need to turn it on. You will need an sd card with an ext partition, which it sounds like you have from quat. I'm not sure what format is required by cai, (I know ext4 works) or what you have, but just go ahead and partition it with your recovery (btw, which recovery are you using?) then copy the rom, gapps, and virgin patch to it.

Flash those, then when you first boot, exit the setup, go to settings, performance, a2sd settings and select your method. From that point your apps will be automatically installed to the sd card, which is linked to the data partition of your internal memory. You can just go about setting up your phone from there, and you will never run out of memory again.

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
CAI is awesome, and you will love it. It has a built in app2sd function, you just need to turn it on. You will need an sd card with an ext partition, which it sounds like you have from quat. I'm not sure what format is required by cai, (I know ext4 works) or what you have, but just go ahead and partition it with your recovery (btw, which recovery are you using?) then copy the rom, gapps, and virgin patch to it.

Flash those, then when you first boot, exit the setup, go to settings, performance, a2sd settings and select your method. From that point your apps will be automatically installed to the sd card, which is linked to the data partition of your internal memory. You can just go about setting up your phone from there, and you will never run out of memory again.

Thanks for the help.
I just need to format my new memory card. I'm trying to remember do I need to format the whole thing to ext4 or just like 20% and the rest fat32?
Also I'm on Cannibal Open Touch v1.2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help.
I just need to format my new memory card. I'm trying to remember do I need to format the whole thing to ext4 or just like 20% and the rest fat32?
Also I'm on Cannibal Open Touch v1.2

People say your ext partition should be about 10%. The rest will be automatically formatted as fat. In cot, just select partition SD card, pick 0 mb for swap and 1 gb for the ext partition.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
People say your ext partition should be about 10%. The rest will be automatically formatted as fat. In cot, just select partition SD card, pick 0 mb for swap and 1 gb for the ext partition.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Thanks for the help bud.
I finally got my phone setup on CAI with wifi and 3g working.
It's pretty late now but I'll be testing it all day tomorrow and I'l let you know when I'm get home.