Compiling a new rom

bokoxthexchocobo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello Optimus V users,

We've all been waiting a while for a port of the newer Icysnap 1.3 , and TGL is taking a while, so I decided to port and share Icysnap 1.3 with the community!
Icybob is Icysnap 1.3 with BobZ cm9 as a base

Credits :
Sellers86

Bob said:
Sorry to say, but I don't allow porting of my ROMs...please take it down.
Your welcomed to build from source...everything to build my CM9 is public on my github: https://github.com/BobZhome

Status: working on compiling bob's cm9.. almost done...camera error..

Last edited:

bokoxthexchocobo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: IcyBob v1.0

no I don't exactly know where to reach him. I will leave a pm. I got so excited porting this port that I posted the thread. I have been wanting icysnap 1.3 for a while and always told myself that one day I'd port a rom, and well I just did :D

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

no I don't exactly know where to reach him. I will leave a pm. I got so excited porting this port that I posted the thread. I have been wanting icysnap 1.3 for a while and always told myself that one day I'd port a rom, and well I just did :D

Definitely make sure you pm him.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

snobro

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Do you suggest doing a full wipe to flash this or just wipe cache/dalvik cache since it is just an update?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

bokoxthexchocobo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

You should wipe it all to be safe. dalvik, cache, data, and system , and since bob has ext support, create a ext (ext4 works) and wipe that partition to. If you are running TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP), it has the ability to create a ext3 or 4 and a swap.The point of creating one is to move apps off the internal memory so you can install lots of apps without running out of space. If it runs slow after moving apps to the sd card, then you may want to download SDbooster, and increase the sd cache to a higher number like 2048, or go extreme and set it to 4096, lol. The huge class 10 cards work better with a super high number.

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: bob said no.

In order to continue now, I have to get better at compiling, I've plans to continue, but they will be much further on down the line.

Maybe you could get permission from theKraven to use cai as a base for some other port. There's tons of other roms out there that need porting.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Maybe you could get permission from theKraven to use cai as a base for some other port. There's tons of other roms out there that need porting.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Agreed pm kraven I think he's allowed porting with his roms before and has most cm9 issues fixed including youtube HQ.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bokoxthexchocobo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

ok ill give it a try, though I am going to compile from source a new rom sometime soon :D.

You are definitely correct about other roms that need porting to the OV! @upconvert

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

ok ill give it a try, though I am going to compile from source a new rom sometime soon :D.

You are definitely correct about other roms that need porting to the OV! @upconvert

Compiling bobs rom from source is usually very easy, as his source normally builds without errors. Good luck, and feel free to PM me with questions :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

bokoxthexchocobo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm having a problem with git and repo. I keep getting a manifest error

fatal: manifest 'default.xml' not available
fatal: manifest default.xml not found

when using the command:
Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/BobZhome/android_device_lge_thunderc_VM670.git -b ics
on bobz github.I'm not sure how to get it working. Btw clear your inbox, Sellers86. On another note, Thekraven completely ignored my request for permission on the CAI thread.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm having a problem with git and repo. I keep getting a manifest error

fatal: manifest 'default.xml' not available
fatal: manifest default.xml not found

when using the command:
Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/BobZhome/android_device_lge_thunderc_VM670.git -b ics
on bobz github.I'm not sure how to get it working. Btw clear your inbox, Sellers86. On another note, Thekraven completely ignored my request for permission on the CAI thread.

You can't init the device tree. Do this

cd to where you want the source

rm -rf .repo

repo init -u git://github.com/BobZhome/android.git -b ics

repo sync

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

bokoxthexchocobo

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for that rm command. I have never seen it on any forums or google of any kind. I guess you're expected to know to rm the .repo directory. Anyway now I'm back on track.

- - - Updated - - -

;D Nothing like a hp workstation with 2 separate Quadcore processors, I'm compiling in Virtualbox.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01