[ROM][PRE-ALPHA][PREVIEW]CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Optimus V![4.2.1]

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Working:
It boots

Congratulations on getting that far, can't wait to see the progress.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
That's kind of rude. Don't you think that was just a little bit disrespectful? Yeah its great that other devs are working on it too but its not right for you to barge in and just say what's working in another build. It doesn't make this dev any happier.

Codename: One V.

I'm going to take it that he's just trying to help me out by telling me about the build. See my post in his thread, progress will be slow

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to take it that he's just trying to help me out by telling me about the build. See my post in his thread, progress will be slow

That's exactly what I was at. I'd rather see a native build than have to use a patch.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what I was at. I'd rather see a native build than have to use a patch.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for letting me know, though I'm going to take a different approach to it, might fix most of the issues

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been too distracted to build, but if you want full gapps you could try this:
build aufs filesystem into kernel (from SourceForge)
use existing /system/app from your build for base read-only directory
have init.d script that aufs mounts a 2nd sd-ext partition over /system/app
copy gapps with adb or terminal after script runs and reboot
it's possible the os would be uppity on boot from not having access to some apps until the card mounts, but it might work since your base install is accessible.
nice job getting this to work, by the way!

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been too distracted to build, but if you want full gapps you could try this:
build aufs filesystem into kernel (from SourceForge)
use existing /system/app from your build for base read-only directory
have init.d script that aufs mounts a 2nd sd-ext partition over /system/app
copy gapps with adb or terminal after script runs and reboot
it's possible the os would be uppity on boot from not having access to some apps until the card mounts, but it might work since your base install is accessible.
nice job getting this to work, by the way!

I'm going to get the issues kinked out before anything :)

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
WORD!!! Your a beast sellers great job . Will DEF try out as soon aa I can just to see.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
As soon as i get done with these funerals and get my keys set up.. Why?

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

It'd be a nice project over break to try and get it going on my LG Vortex. I want to see what was done with the androidarmv6 sources to get it built and booted on the Optimus V as the hardware isn't too different between the V and Vortex.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It'd be a nice project over break to try and get it going on my LG Vortex. I want to see what was done with the androidarmv6 sources to get it built and booted on the Optimus V as the hardware isn't too different between the V and Vortex.

IIRC, all changes were in the device tree.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just seen this today. I am going to download it and try it out. Thanks for making a rom of the latest android sellers you are awesome.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thought I would review the rom and give my opinion on it. The rom itself is fine. I will compile a list as writing sentence after sentence takes too long.
1. Phone/3G Network
2. Wifi
3. Bluetooth
4. Camera
5. Sound
6. Vibration
7. Brightness adjust
8. Screen Rotation
9. Sound Recorder
10. Headphones

Things that do work
1. Font size adjust
2. Changing Wallpaper
3. Rom boots and fuctions
4. Lock Screen
5. Pattern lock screen
6. Gmail installs
Also there is the USB storage. When I first installed the rom it worked fine. But now it isn't. I had tried to install the newest gapps and it went through fine with no errors. Just I can't seem to find the google play market just gmail. I am going to be testing the rom further to see if I can find any other issues. Also if I find ways around certain issues I will post them. Other than that sellers I hope this info helps out. I can try to confirm more but I would have to find out how to install apks without there being a filemanager installed already.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Not knocking sellers work on this but you should check out kravens jb work in the Optimus S forums. It has more working since he's had more time working on it.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware