[SOLVED]Superuser not responding?

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking all over for a solution to this. One day I just couldn't get access to root apps, i.e. titanium backup. I have found people with the same problem BUT, they all said it happened on a non stock ROM. I am still on stock. I haven't messed with trying to flash ROMs yet because I was waiting to get a new phone (optimus elite) so I could use this phone (optimus V) to practice with. I have tried uninstalling su but that just uninstalls the update. (App pic in drawer reverts to skull and cross bones.) I am not a kid that wants to root and flash because all the cool kids are doing it. At the same time I am just learning how to run thing through terminal on linux. The closest I have come to an answer is here. http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...le-superuser-permissions-titanium-backup.html But I don't want to start anything without a few opinions first. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Superuser not responding?

Do you have a custom recovery ? If yes flash 3.2 arm version from here

downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

No I don't Any other suggestions? Can I un-root with ginger break or something else? Is there a better option?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

If that doesn't work you migh need to flash the ZV9 update. It will wipe all user data and return the phone to totally stock.
When and if you decide you want to root it, you will need EManU3LXX's root tool which uses the Gordita root exploit and installs a custom recovery so you can make a backup in case something like this happens again.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

If that doesn't work you migh need to flash the ZV9 update. It will wipe all user data and return the phone to totally stock.
When and if you decide you want to root it, you will need EManU3LXX's root tool which uses the Gordita root exploit and installs a custom recovery so you can make a backup in case something like this happens again.

I think that the easiest thing for you to do would be to install a custom recovery, and use it to flash the superuser.zip that _alexkta recommended. That always works for me when I lose root. Recoveries are super easy to flash with the flash image gui (from the play store). Just download a recovery.img from the forums (I recommend the zen garden recovery, which comes as a zip, which you can extract to find the .img). Make sure the filename has the word recovery in it somewhere and follow the instructions in flash image. Then boot to recovery by holding the volume down, home and power buttons for 5 seconds. Find the option that says flash .zip from sdcard and flash the superuser.zip. reboot, and you should have functional root again.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

With no good root how is he going to flash a custom recovery? Need root to be able to install the proper flash_image to the /system/bin before a custom recovery can be flashed.
Trying to re-root could make things worse ( ben there, got the t-shirt).
Starting with a clean slate is the best approach.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

With no good root how is he going to flash a custom recovery? Need root to be able to install the proper flash_image to the /system/bin before a custom recovery can be flashed.
Trying to re-root could make things worse ( ben there, got the t-shirt).
Starting with a clean slate is the best approach.

Good point. Missed that.

HOME_WORK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I had the exact same thing happen to me, and I just fixed it like 3hrs ago. My problem was that I accidentally turned off USB Debugging. After I turned it back on everything worked again. :)

If your USB Debugging IS ALREADY ON I would try turning it off and back on. If none of that works then I have no idea how to fix it. :confused:

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Which advice curred the problem? I'm assuming it was the last post. Could you elaborate for the benifit of those that read this thread that may have the same problem.
Thanks

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Who da thunk it. This is one fix that I'll definetly have to remember. I can't imagine how USB debugging could possibly effect the Superuser app or su.
If it works, it works though.

HOME_WORK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that it's either allowing certain permissions or its affiliated with the setting. Just a guess though.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
USB deugging should have no bearing on Superuser app or such.
What ROM are you using? Need to inform the DeV of the ROM what's going on. Needs to be fixed.

HOME_WORK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
All I did was use SuperOneClick to root it and that's all. If there's a ROM that got installed it wasn't me. I rooted stock.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, that explains it.

You need to get a custom flash_image and custom recovery installed in a hurry.
That way you can make a backup of your ROM so you can have something to fall back on when something else goes wrong.
Then get a custom ROM on the phone before everything with the stock, rooted by SuperOneClick, ROM falls apart. SuperOneClick is the reason you had that problem, and there will be more to come (Doesn't work well with the V)

Getting a custom ROM installed like the newest MiRaGe ROM will cure all that.
Besides, you have no idea what the MiRaGe ROM with Interactive governor and CPU set at 480MHz min-768MHz Max can do.
It makes the V seem like a high end phone, not to mention the cool things you can do to a custom ROM.

Here's two things beside speed and smoothness you can do:
screenshot-20130131-101225pm.png

screenshot-20130130-053430pm.png

screenshot-20130131-095810pm.png

screenshot-20130130-053507pm.png

screenshot-20130130-053350pm.png

screenshot-20130131-095958pm.png

screenshot-20130131-100022pm.png

screenshot-20130131-102509pm.png

Those are two different theme colors, but they both theme everything you see and a lot more that it would be hard to get shots of.
Did you notice my pulldown. I have 11 Widgets there.
All possible with a very good Gingerbread ROM like the MiRaGe ROM.
Did I forget to mention how fast my apps open?

Last edited:

HOME_WORK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Is there tutorial video or something you can link? Also I was an idiot and deleted LGhiddenmenue and VMhiddenmenue is there any way I can download them and place them back in the system/apps folder?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool