OM-Mandylion Random Reboots

mablake184

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just flashed this rom a couple days ago and I am getting several random reboots per day. I am wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem. It usually happens when I'm doing something i.e.: typing a text message, changing the settings in an app, using an app. My clock range is from 122 - 600. I like the rom because if offers the built in ext support but these reboots are killing me. The only thing I can think I did wrong is not flash a kernel but the instructions didn't say to do that.

Here is the rom link if anyone needs to see what I am talking about: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...om-kernel-om-mandylion-01-12-2013-update.html

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if you checked the md5 sum of the download before install.
What recovery did you use to install the ROM?
What all did you wipe and format before install?
Did you reboot ROM at least twice on initial install before doing anything?
What is youf currant cpu governor, min setting, and max setting?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

mablake184

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I did not do an md5 check sum. I can do that when I get home. I installed with Clockwork, the orange one, but now I have the one suggested in the post. I wiped everything before doing the install. I did not reboot twice before initial install. I am running Intellidemand - clock speeds are 122 and 600. From what you posted it sounds like I need to try and install again. and reboot twice before I start loading programs.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
This can accrue if the sd-ext partition is corrupted or there is a problem with the sdcard it's self, as the ROM does rely pretty heavily on the sdcard being stable.

mablake184

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
If I continue to have issues after AndyOpie's suggestion I will reformat Sd Card. After that I guess I will look into a new SD card.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If after formattlng your SD card it still seems messed up Google "BootIt" .
It straightened out an sd card and a flash drive for me. Just follow the promts and agree to fixing the headers.
When it's finished put in phone and select to erase the sd card. Reboot the phone, then partition with the recovery.

mablake184

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So I ran a surface test with Mini Partition Tool and found no errors. I complete reformatted fat 32 except for 2GB. I made 550mb linux swap. I made the rest into EXT3. I went into the my recovery (Zen) and I created and EXT3 partition of 1.5 gb and the linux swap of 512. I flashed OM-Mandylion. Since then I have not noticed problems but it has only been a day or so. Thanks for you help everyone.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So I ran a surface test with Mini Partition Tool and found no errors. I complete reformatted fat 32 except for 2GB. I made 550mb linux swap. I made the rest into EXT3. I went into the my recovery (Zen) and I created and EXT3 partition of 1.5 gb and the linux swap of 512. I flashed OM-Mandylion. Since then I have not noticed problems but it has only been a day or so. Thanks for you help everyone.

Just so you know the swap partition is not going to be used.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
FYI.
It has benn my experience that the large capacity SD cards do better if the partition is created using th recovery. The format can be changed using whatever program you like on the PC, but the partition should be made from the recovery.
If you have a 32GB card then you can easily make a 2GB partition which is optimal for Link2SD.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta