Using link2sd

vipertongn

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
How do you use it so that when you make a new rom you don't have to reinstall all the apps you had?

Also what apks should i freeze (i assume that saves battery and memory). I just froze the home thing and then ended up freezing my phone -.-;;.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
You need to get/ use a backup app like MyBackup to backup your apps&data.
I wouldn't recommend freezing anything unless you know what you're doing. myself only froze DSP and the stock file mgr app

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't Freeze system apps of a custom ROM, because you well kill the process the app uses there by killing any app that shares the same process.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The procedure:
After new ROM boots up I sign in to my google account and wait 5 minutes. Then I reboot the ROM.
I go to the PlayStore and download Titanium Backup, Titanium Backup Pro Key and Link2SD.
I Open up Titanium and manually install any widget app and apps I know from experience need to be on the internal storage.
I then open up Link2SD and select the format of the SD card partition.
Reboot the phone.
Open up Link2SD and go to the menu and select Auto Link.
Go back to Titanium and select the batch install of all user apps and data (is only available with the pro key). Wait....
Because I have the unlocker for Launcher pro (allows me to make a backup of the screen settings) when Titanium is done and I've rebooted the phone, all my apps will be exactly where I had them on the other ROM. The only thing I need to do is configure the widgets.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums