Google Voice re-build?

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please rebuild Google Voice for me so that I can have it fit a certain color scheme? I want it to look like textPlus. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
There are plenty of image/photo editors on the market.

Use "Icon Extractor" to extract the icons .png then an image editor to change colors.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There are plenty of image/photo editors on the market.

Use "Icon Extractor" to extract the icons .png then an image editor to change colors.

Wait what? I'm talking about the user interface by the way.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Gotcha.
Download and install on computer:
LG USB drivers.

Java 6 with path and class path to the java.exe set.

Android SDK installed to C: drive, with the path to the adb.exe set.

APK MultiTool installed to C: drive. Set as per "readme" txt.

Plug phone into computer, then click on script.bat.
Select to pull the apk from phone. should be in /data/data if my memory is correct. It should have a .apk on the end if it's the proper one.

Select option 24 to set project if not asked to in pull apk from phone option.

Select option 1, Select option 9.

Go to projects folder.
Dig around until you find the info for the png and or schemes you need to change. Edit colors.

Select the option to compile, sign, and push to phone.

Unplug phone and reboot.

Note: You need to delete the class path of the first java.exe then put in the new one. If not APK MultiTool will not work properly.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Gotcha.
Download and install on computer:
LG USB drivers.

Java 6 with path and class path to the java.exe set.

Android SDK installed to C: drive, with the path to the adb.exe set.

APK MultiTool installed to C: drive. Set as per "readme" txt.

Plug phone into computer, then click on script.bat.
Select to pull the apk from phone. should be in /data/data if my memory is correct. It should have a .apk on the end if it's the proper one.

Select option 24 to set project if not asked to in pull apk from phone option.

Select option 1, Select option 9.

Go to projects folder.
Dig around until you find the info for the png and or schemes you need to change. Edit colors.

Select the option to compile, sign, and push to phone.

Unplug phone and reboot.

Note: You need to delete the class path of the first java.exe then put in the new one. If not APK MultiTool will not work properly.

Okay if I include the apk download here, can someone please do this for me? Because I am techy, but I don't understand the lingo here. Things like "path and class path to the java.exe set" confuse the evelivin outta me. I mean how does that sentence include a valid verb sequence? "Set" as in which definition of "set"? Maybe a video tut?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Just Google "how to set path for" and add your computer's os. It sounds harder than it actually is. Once you have the jdk and SDK set up and running, you can use adb and do lots of good stuff. Then you will be techie.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You can give a man a fish and feed him for that day. Teach a man to fish and you have feed him for a lifetime.

We can explain everything your unsure of. This knowledge and the experience you gain will benefit you now and in the future.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You can give a man a fish and feed him for that day. Teach a man to fish and you have feed him for a lifetime.

We can explain everything your unsure of. This knowledge and the experience you gain will benefit you now and in the future.

Whilst that may be true, I only need one thing done, not a lifetime so it would be counter productive to teach me a big process for one small task if I'm only using the knowledge once.. Nonetheless, I found someone who had already done this, so thanks anyway.