best ics rom for my needs?

Redchigh

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Right now I use bobzhome 7.2, and I like it. I just want to give ics a spin. Will apps that require ics work on my phone, or will Google think I have stock?

Back on topic... I liked bobzhomes gingerbread, so I tried his ics. For some reason all my apps crash one by one. (Assume its the lack of sd-ext on my card... ill do it tonight).
Before I flash it again, can you reccomend any other good ones?

I don't use YouTube.
I text and use the web browser a lot.
I need wifi to work, but wifi hotspot is more important.
Ics seemed to have better battery life and less tws , so I'm hoping other ics will too.
I like launcherpro and the tmo theme Chooser, so that would be a plus too.

Overclocking seems to break my phone, no matter the rom, so maybe take that into account.

Thanks..

Also, how big should the sdext be? Gu

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
CAI would be a good ics rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

None of the ICS ROMs have native tethering working, but 3rd party ad hoc apps will work, if that suits your needs.

Shoot for 10% of the size of your SD card for your ext partition.

+ 1 to cai. It has the most fixes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Also of note is thekravens Jellybean ROM over at the LG Optimus S forums. It has the Virgin Mobile patch for the V.

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
And launcher pro doesn't look too good on ics, use apex launcher its very smooth

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't both ics and jb roms have problems with voice search on this phone?

I recall trying them and having trouble getting things like voice search working with ics and jb. Ended up going back to gb as the latest release that everything worked on. I find voice search very useful when driving.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I recall trying them and having trouble getting things like voice search working with ics and jb. Ended up going back to gb as the latest release that everything worked on. I find voice search very useful when driving.

Old school voice search works fine on cai, slim bean, bobz ICS, and older versions of bobz jb, but not the latest release.

Google now isn't fully working on any ROMs for the ov.

Everything works on cai, except native WiFi tethering. At least, I can't think of anything not working.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

nus

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Also of note is thekravens Jellybean ROM over at the LG Optimus S forums. It has the Virgin Mobile patch for the V.

I've been looking for this so called patch for CAI on the V. Can you can link me to the thread? Thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci