OM-Mandylion Rebooting

mablake184

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I am running OM-Mandylion. I like the ROM a lot but I am having problems with random rebooting. This happens pretty randomly but the most commonly, but not exclusively, happens when I run the Google Maps Navigation application. As you can guess this is super inconvenient.

I have tried the following troubleshooting techniques:
1) Reflashing the Rom.
2) Using Mini Tool Partition wipe the mini SD card and recreate the partitions. I placed the mini SD card in my computer directly.
3) I checked my card for errors in the partitions and found no corrupted areas.
4) I made sure my EXT3 partition was less that 10% of my total card size.
5) I have tried uninstalling and then installing the apps from scratch.

If anyone can give an recommendations about how to either gain some long term stability with this ROM or can suggest a ROM that allows me to take advantage of the EXT partitions so I can install a reasonable amount of programs I would be super appreciative.

THANKS!

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You can experiment with your clock speeds. Set your min to 480, and start you max high, and go down one notch after every random reboot. Make sure "set on boot" is not checked until you find stable settings.

You can use cronmod's scripts with any ROM that has init.d support. That includes most of the ROMs for our phone. You can either cut and paste the extracted script into the ROM.zip's init.d folder before you flash it, or flash cronmod's .zip after you flash the ROM. Some ROMs will already have mounting scripts in their init.d that need to be deleted first.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

mablake184

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed on the CronMod's Script page that it had this requirement:

-100mb internal is needed for every 500mb sd-ext

Would this mean that because I only have 100mb free after ROM install that my 1GB ext partition is too big and could be causing the problem?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed on the CronMod's Script page that it had this requirement:

-100mb internal is needed for every 500mb sd-ext

Would this mean that because I only have 100mb free after ROM install that my 1GB ext partition is too big and could be causing the problem?

No, i have a 4gb partition, using int2ext, and it works fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

mablake184

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried the OC settings like you suggested. It seems stable at 480-600 but other than that it seems there is a very high potential for crash. Is there anything else I should consider?