Gapps / Camera Workaround for BobZhome CM10

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Dev work isn't really that easy. To flash Pac-rom you need to flash the my in the right order. If you flashed the virgin fix first it won't help anything.

1. Flash the rom
2. Flash gapps
3. Flash virgin fix
4. Flash cronmod's int2ext patch

Without int2ext it won't have enough room for apps. do you have an ext partition?

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Okay I didn't say dev work was easy. I'm a nerd. I learn quickly and efficiently. It might be easy for me I mean most super high tech stuff is for me. I outsmarted nearly all tech support operators that I've ever communicated with.

Anyway I don't see how nobody else installs this. Let me explain very clearly. Installing the rom first will not work because the build.prop file clearly states that the rom is for ls670 not vm670. It aborts the installation.

And yes I have sd-ext. I use mounts2sd first (after downloading busybox for a "just in case") to configure busybox settings and create an init.d script, reboot, load up Link2SD and select my ext type, reboot, then link everything that I can using Link2SD. I know how to properly utilize Titanium Backup Pro along side Link2SD. Just have to restore in segments.

So yeah. How can I install the rom first if build.prop stops me? Good luck.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's your recovery stopping you most newer ones allow ls670 asserts cwm green does not I posted a link to a fix in kravens thread in reply to your post there. Of course using a different recovery would also be a workable fix

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It's your recovery stopping you most newer ones allow ls670 asserts cwm green does not I posted a link to a fix in kravens thread in reply to your post there. Of course using a different recovery would also be a workable fix

Hmm. I still have the recovery from the sticky post I got my daily rom from (reference first post). Could I use that recovery instead?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Note: after flashing the new recovery you should make a backup with it prior to trying any new roms

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Note: after flashing the new recovery you should make a backup with it prior to trying any new roms

ERMERGERD I love it! Keeping this recovery.

Since I'm already using Link2SD in a way that I'm used to, do I really need the int2ext script by cro--whatever his name was? I'm a bit confused on what to do with it anyway, I downloaded it just in case. *waits for response*

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think link2sd will work with pac rom but so long as you have a backup there's no reason you can't try

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think link2sd will work with pac rom but so long as you have a backup there's no reason you can't try

Right. Okay so fixing to flash things in this order:

ROM zip
Gapps zip
Virgin Fix zip
Cronmod's script zip

Report back shortly, brb.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget to wipe....... Lol

Ha of course I wipe. Everything was magical and great until installing the cronmod's script. It said cannot copy update-binary. Then aborted. What now?

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you have the right one int2ext

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2608606

Got the rom booted up. It's slow :/ like a bit too slow... And verdict is...

Doesn't charge. Damnit. I know my phone charges while in recovery and thanks to the new recovery I can see battery stats. But eh. That means I'd have to charge it every 4 hours because of my high usage. I live on this phone. Back to my backup now. Figuring out what to do.

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Since you think its the gapps affecting it just try flashing the rom to see if it charges without them

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've got no answer for the not charging but i do know the speed of the rom gets better after a few reboots plus some time to settle in

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Something to try..... Find some of the flashable kernels for the ov and try flashing them to pac or another 4.0+ rom you want to try. I can't guarantee they'll boot it because most are built for gingerbread but if it did boot it'd be interesting to see if it charges then. I'd probably see if the Mandylion kernel will work

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Something to try..... Find some of the flashable kernels for the ov and try flashing them to pac or another 4.0+ rom you want to try. I can't guarantee they'll boot it because most are built for gingerbread but if it did boot it'd be interesting to see if it charges then. I'd probably see if the Mandylion kernel will work

Regarding kernels... I'm a complete dvmb@ss lol. *research time*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech