Gapps / Camera Workaround for BobZhome CM10

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Something to try..... Find some of the flashable kernels for the ov and try flashing them to pac or another 4.0+ rom you want to try. I can't guarantee they'll boot it because most are built for gingerbread but if it did boot it'd be interesting to see if it charges then. I'd probably see if the Mandylion kernel will work

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Hmm. I think you're right. If the kernel is the thing telling the phone to do stuff, and the fact that I have a kernel from backside iho, changing the kernel sounds like it would work. I just realized I've never flashed a kernel since I got iho backside.

Because the event for "charging" must be different if you compare the two kernels. You recommend the Mandylion kernel?

3y8enu7a.jpg

2.6.32.9-v3.7 bobzhome@ubuntu is the kernel that I have. If you could please, link me to any flashable kernels and I will be glad to test them on a few 4+ roms!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I think you're right. If the kernel is the thing telling the phone to do stuff, and the fact that I have a kernel from backside iho, changing the kernel sounds like it would work. I just realized I've never flashed a kernel since I got iho backside.

Because the event for "charging" must be different if you compare the two kernels. You recommend the Mandylion kernel?

2.6.32.9-v3.7 bobzhome@ubuntu is the kernel that I have. If you could please, link me to any flashable kernels and I will be glad to test them on a few 4+ roms!

This is what i meant when I said that it probably wasn't a ROM issue ;). Its pretty unlikely a GB kernel would boot though. on a side note, I can't type worth a crap on this phone anymore. Lol

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
This is what i meant when I said that it probably wasn't a ROM issue ;). Its pretty unlikely a GB kernel would boot though. on a side note, I can't type worth a crap on this phone anymore. Lol

Like I said, link away with any kernels I can test (I'm horrible at finding files lately)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Mirage rom has a flashable kernel in its op and it's thread is always at the top of the forums

Edit: also its very likely that even if the gb kernel gets the rom to boot, things won't work right in the rom. It's more of an experiment mainly to see if it would fix your charging issue.

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Every ROM has a different kernel installed with the ROM. When you flash a different ROM you get a different kernel (a few of the older IHO Gingerbread ROMs shared kernels, but not really anymore).
For a complete list of the available flashable kernels for each individual OS Version (ie: Froyo, Gingerbread, ICS) go here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...oot-guide-updated-03-11-13-a.html#post5516566
You do not have to wipe anything before flashing a new kernel.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Every ROM has a different kernel installed with the ROM. When you flash a different ROM you get a different kernel (a few of the older IHO Gingerbread ROMs shared kernels, but not really anymore).
For a complete list of the available flashable kernels for each individual OS Version (ie: Froyo, Gingerbread, ICS) go here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...oot-guide-updated-03-11-13-a.html#post5516566
You do not have to wipe anything before flashing a new kernel.

Download link for iScream kernel is dead. Looks like someone didn't pay for their website. Could you Dropbox the kernel for me?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's because iscream kernel was succeeded by HydroKernel and the dev for it is not allowed on these forums anymore.

itzpremix

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It's because iscream kernel was succeeded by HydroKernel and the dev for it is not allowed on these forums anymore.

Given up. I'm just gonna stick with BACKside-IHO. Best performance. Most compatible. Clearer camera than stock. So I got an adw theme along with a launcher and tweaked settings so now my phone could be fooled for JB (if you've never owned one).

SCREENIES:

pyhu6e5e.jpg
5ajumebu.jpg
ase7aquv.jpg
y8y5usy4.jpg
ejyqeda3.jpg
2eru8ahu.jpg

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with that. :) you should give Mirage, and OM-Mandylion roms a try. They're both cm7 and shouldn't cause any charging issues. I think mrg666 even themed Mirage to look like ics and he recommends link2sd which your already familiar with. Earthnfire78's OM-Mandylion is my personal favorite of the cm7 roms it uses your sd - ext partition automatically and has several other nice features such as usb fastcharge toggle in the notification power widget. Either would be a solid choice and still receive updates and support.

LordAruko

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Nothing wrong with that. :) you should give Mirage, and OM-Mandylion roms a try. They're both cm7 and shouldn't cause any charging issues. I think mrg666 even themed Mirage to look like ics and he recommends link2sd which your already familiar with. Earthnfire78's OM-Mandylion is my personal favorite of the cm7 roms it uses your sd - ext partition automatically and has several other nice features such as usb fastcharge toggle in the notification power widget. Either would be a solid choice and still receive updates and support.

New username =p hmm I'll try Mirage after it gets done downloading.

LordAruko

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Okay so now I'm thinking the rom I'm on is the only working one for me.

Entire wipe
Flashed Mirage
Flashed gapps (wait 2.3.5? I didn't know I was downgrading)
Flashed kernel
Result - hangs on first android logo

Entire wipe
Flashed Mandylion
Flashed gapps (same from previous flash)
Flashed kernel (whatever kernel was included in the post)
Result - loop of lg logo

Entire wipe
Flashed Mandylion (without gapps or kernel since I remember something about gapps being included)
Result - exact same lg loop

This is nuts. Am I forever destined to run backside iho and nothing else? All done with Cannibal Open Touch Recovery

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Describe your entire wipe. I'm guessing something is getting missed to bootloop after a mirage flash.

LordAruko

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Describe your entire wipe. I'm guessing something is getting missed to bootloop after a mirage flash.

I mean wiping absolutely everything. In cot I select factory reset and preflash wipe and wipe dalvik cache. Then install the zips.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I mean wiping absolutely everything. In cot I select factory reset and preflash wipe and wipe dalvik cache. Then install the zips.

Try not flashing the kernel. Its something you are doing, both of those ROMs are rock solid. How long are you letting it sit waiting for boot (dont over exagerate this.)? Roms can take a while to boot on first boot while they are rebuilding the cache and dalvik cache

EDIT: Also, mandylion absolutely requires a sd-ext partition, other wise it won't boot.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

LordAruko

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Tried quoting, but Tapatalk quotes some Nexus forum post? Weird?

I waited 14 minutes lol. I think I'm good with BACKside-IHO. It's at 2.3.7 and apparently those are at 2.3.5.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Tried quoting, but Tapatalk quotes some Nexus forum post? Weird?

I waited 14 minutes lol. I think I'm good with BACKside-IHO. It's at 2.3.7 and apparently those are at 2.3.5.

Backside is a year old.

They aren't at 2.3.5... that's just the latest gapps version, they were never updated to 2.3.7

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, the gapps just didn't get updated since 2.3.5. Both Mirage and Mandylion have more recent code from cyanogenmod then backside And are 2.3.7 based. I'm at a loss why mirage won't work for you... Instead of using factory reset+pre flash wipe try going into mounts and wipe everything except sdcard then flash the rom and reboot if the rom comes up boot back to recovery and factory reset then wipe cache + dalvik and flash gapps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC