11-01-2013 02:52 PM
90 1234
tools
    Just a quick question: do we need both files, or just the Jellybread one? I guess I'm just confused as to why there's the SuperiorlrkenOrgans file.
    04-29-2013 03:10 PM
    Just a quick question: do we need both files, or just the Jellybread one? I guess I'm just confused as to why there's the SuperiorlrkenOrgans file.
    that link is the fresh sync/ untouched version of SIO...before any customization and links to a Google page. Its the one he's giving permissions for devs to use. Clearly stated.
    jermmkay and sudo100011 like this.
    04-29-2013 03:53 PM
    you will need Jellybread-SIO + Gapps, or SuperiorIrkinOrgans + Gapps... thanks for flashing!... :-)
    04-29-2013 07:05 PM
    I believe I had a Beta of this a while back. (Sorry I never responded- its because I didn't have any problems. :P )

The version I got previously- Is it the same as the final you posted?

For some reason Live Wallpapers aren't showing up. (The option doesn't show up, either, in any of the launchers)
    Any ideas?
    05-05-2013 04:31 AM
    I had this same problem. The answer is its a slim ROM so you add your own stuff download the live wallpaper you want open it up and set as wallpaper

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    sudo100011 likes this.
    05-05-2013 10:26 AM
    yes, the 0420 build is slightly more polished than the testers i put out...
    yes, Jellybread is barebones for quick install and small footprint... you add additional apks/live walls/walls/etc...
    thanks for flashing!... :-)
    05-05-2013 11:42 AM
    Hey sudo check your PMs when you get a chance

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-05-2013 12:23 PM
    I added a file manager, and several live wallpapers. still can't find the options for live wallpapers though...

Also, having trouble using the uot kitchen with this rom for some reason.
    05-05-2013 09:34 PM
    long press desktop>wallpapers>livewallpapers

pmd you back, thanks... :-)
    05-05-2013 11:39 PM
    no option. wallpapers takes me to an image preview.

maybe a reflash is in order.
    05-05-2013 11:44 PM
    did you install quickpic or similar apk?... if it takes you to an image you have saved on your sd card, then you have...
    if the live wallpapers option does not show up, then you have not installed any...
    05-05-2013 11:48 PM
    the normal wallpapers are the ones that came with my launchers' themes (next launcher 3D)

as for the LWP, I can find them in my file browser and app drawer, but they give the normal instructions (longpress on main screen, etc etc)

I'm redownloading to see if it helps. it probably will.
    05-06-2013 01:54 AM
    ah, i see, you switched out launchers... this is not a rom issue, this would be an issue with the nextlauncher3D...
    05-08-2013 11:54 PM
    Sudo,

First of all, thanks for all your time and effort. GREAT ROM! GREAT IDEA!

SETUP
    VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware (thanks to thewraith420)
    Cannibal Open Touch v2.1
    16GB Class 10 SD (partitioned with Mini-tool as 14.33GB FAT32 and 1.02GB Ext-4)
    Jellybread-SIO-04202013 (latest updated version)
    Gapps-gb-20110828-signed* (your slim version)
    Generic linux kernel 2.6.32.9 20130114-Linux#7 (came with Jellybread)
    ZVD to ZVJ patch-08162012 (slimmed down to just the 3 libs)

APPS
    Added a bunch of google apps (gmail, maps, translate, voice search**, etc)
    Avast!, Boat Browser, QuickPic, MX Player, Titanium Bu, Root Browser, Whatsapp, and Swype Beta***

EVENTS
    I've been using this rom for a couple of days and this is what is happening to me:
    * com.google.process.gapps tends to force close on me over and over after the phone has been on sleep anything over an hour (shutting down and waiting 10 seconds before restarting the phone gets it back to normal)
    ** i fixed the voice search issue by a) installing a browser so it could open something after you spoke and 2) research led me to a missing libspeech.so under /system/lib/ (info and file here: Google Voice Search)
    *** this rom does not like swype beta 1.4. it force closes at random times, and even more when the above mentioned gapps force closing loop begins

NOTE: I've been trying the latest MiRaGe kernel (04/26/2013) and VM670-OM-Kernel 20130128 but the ROM wasn't playing nice with the apps and eventually let to me having to nandoid restore to a previous state a few times.

THOUGHTS
    Everything else works very nice. It needs some work, a bit unstable, but most of it is functional. Maybe the custom KERNEL you want to make or another GAPPS will fix everything? Regardless, congratulations on such a nice ROM! Keep up the good work.

Cheers!
    sudo100011 likes this.
    05-16-2013 02:32 PM
    Flashing a new kernel requires wiping cache and dalvik.
    Wiping dalvik with int2ext or similar variants requires the use of a special wipe zip. (using the standard recovery dalvik wipe usually causes a bootloop iirc?)

Alternatively, you should be able to flash a new kernel on top of a new flash afaik... ie flash jellybread, gapps, patches, kernel, then boot.

You might try a different kernel - I ran this rom for several days on my ZVJ Optimus S without much trouble, but I only used mirage and OM kernels.
    (though I dismantled the OM kernel flashable zip and slimmed it down to just the kernel before flashing - I can't speak to the full installer working or not)
    05-16-2013 03:55 PM
    @jasa
    - good find, thank you...i hadnt noticed it was missing yet...
    - i hate swype, so im not suprised it doesnt play nice...
    - gapps arent mine, i just copied the link from goo.im for direct download...
    - L7 kernel is fairly snappy if you want to stick with it, or you can flash your preference...
    - Jellybread utilizes 40a2sdx, no special zip needed to wipe, just format cache/dalvik via recovery...
    thanks for the feedback, and thank you for flashing!...
    05-16-2013 10:37 PM
    @ all my flashers
    i'll work on an update...
    + proximity delay fix
    + libspeech.so
    + koushs superuse
    r
    (updated 05262013)
    _alexkta and upconvert like this.
    05-16-2013 11:45 PM
    Flashed this for the first time last night. Rom seems pretty snappy so far, but I seem to have a problem with gmail. I installed it through the play store and it has some odd behaviors... it doesn't sync correctly, the sync icon stays on at the top of the status bar for a VERY long time. Once it does sync and I get the new mail icon, it continues to sync every few minutes or so and gives me the new mail notification even if I don't have any. Very strange. Anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone have a possible solution to this?
    05-17-2013 11:07 AM
    Flashed this for the first time last night. Rom seems pretty snappy so far, but I seem to have a problem with gmail. I installed it through the play store and it has some odd behaviors... it doesn't sync correctly, the sync icon stays on at the top of the status bar for a VERY long time. Once it does sync and I get the new mail icon, it continues to sync every few minutes or so and gives me the new mail notification even if I don't have any. Very strange. Anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone have a possible solution to this?
    hmmm... ive had no problems with gmail... just tested on update (not posted yet) and still no problems... perhaps a bad flash?... throttled data?... bad reception?...
    id suggest starting with a freshly partitioned sd just to be sure, full format, fresh flash, and go from there...
    05-17-2013 11:57 AM
    hmmm... ive had no problems with gmail... just tested on update (not posted yet) and still no problems... perhaps a bad flash?... throttled data?... bad reception?...
    id suggest starting with a freshly partitioned sd just to be sure, full format, fresh flash, and go from there...
    My sd card is freshly partitioned and I did do a full format. Things have gotten better since this morning though... I no longer get the repeated syncing BUT gmail is pretty slow (never had sluggishness with this app with any other rom), especially when returning to the inbox from an opened email. Oh well it is no biggie Everything else in this rom is pretty dang fast!

Also, i did not disable signature verification... can this cause any problems besides the missing text issue? I was not able to find the disable feature in COT 2.1 recovery, where can I find it? Would I be able to reflash the rom with sig verification disabled by simply formating cache/delvik?
    05-17-2013 06:13 PM
    In COT 2.1:
    COT Options > COT Settings > Disable md5 signature check

I was under the impression that accepting the unsigned zip notification in COT was supposed effectively do the same thing... but then again I also had trouble with fonts...
    (I ended up pushing over the fonts from the SIO build, which fixed the font problems for me... but if you want the Ubuntu fonts... idk)

And my understanding is that dirty flashing (just wiping cache/dalvik) in general should work as long as you aren't changing roms entirely, or it is otherwise contraindicated, but it's not something that's usually recommended unless necessary to handle a targeted problem either... ?

Also, I remember vaguely seeing something about incompatible gapps versions trying to download backup/sync data causing some very strange issues... usually when going between GB and ICS/JB but... it's a thought... the fix was something along the lines of not checking restore from my google account when first setting up a google account after flashing... but that of course results in losing contacts and such that are backed up via google... not sure how you were supposed to get that stuff back afterwards, and sorry I can't be more specific
    gbeaguilar likes this.
    05-17-2013 06:38 PM
    I do not recommend dirty flashes or restoring data... clean slate every time​... :-)
    05-17-2013 07:53 PM
    I too disabled md5 signature check, that was the only option I could find. How would I go about pushing SIO fonts to fix my problem? I haven't used adb on my computer in years, I'm assuming I could do it through terminal emulator?
    I want this rom to be my daily... as soon as I fix this font issue it will be!
    05-17-2013 08:24 PM
    Do receiving mms messages work wit this rom?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-17-2013 11:42 PM
    i thought mms was working, but i received one today, hit dl, and it never showed dl complete/didnt see anything new in my dl folder, so it needs fixing... ill do it when i have enough time...
    can a few others confirm mms working or not for them please?... thank you...

(FIXED 06062013)

if you want to switch out the ubuntu fonts:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n4pd2cxd7...oboto-Swap.zip
    gbeaguilar likes this.
    05-18-2013 12:56 AM
90 1234