<ROM+KERNEL>Jellybread-CM7.2-SIO (06062013)

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: <ROM+KERNEL>Jellybread-CM7.2-SIO (04202013)

Dropbox link is no good, links to the home folder of whoever is logged in (not YOUR home folder).

thank you for bringing this to my attention... dropbox seems to be down...

Last edited:

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

After the patch can the app be removed and the .zip file itself after extraction?
Leave all else as-is?
Thank you for your time and devlopment on this with everything else you've got going on :))

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

yes. after the zip has been extracted, and youve deleted/restored the apns, you can uninstall the apk, delete the zip, and delete the extracted folder if wanted... they are no longer needed... :)
(no longer needed 06062013)

Last edited:

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

update posted...
mms is fixed (tested/confirmed, multiple times/multiple devices)
full changes available via system settings>cm settings>system>view changelog

thank you and enjoy!... :)

Last edited:

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm.
Ok it worked on the PC today but not the phone for me yesterday and today. I even tried opening/downloading the link and file multiple ways.
When Mediafire page loaded, it showed in a red button to (authorize download) but did nothing.
IDK
May have been something going on at that point in time or whatever.

Thanks for confirming :)

vector84an

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm having trouble replicating this situation so I can accurately describe it, but I've had similar problems with mediafire...

When I was having those issues, I managed to resolve them with a bit of patience - after tapping the download link, if I didn't touch my screen (at all!) while I waited for the page to load, and then waited another perhaps 15 seconds or so, the download and authorize buttons would then work - attempts to interact with my phone in any way during this time seemed to leave me in a state where clicking the download or authorize button did nothing.

Unfortunately I can't seem to replicate this issue on my current setup and I'd rather not reflash right now, or I'd try to give more details on a repeatable test scenario :(

PS: Mediafire serves up a mobile page for me with no captchas... and as far as I can remember, that's pretty normal... have you changed your user agent to something other than Android?

Last edited:

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

ahhh, i see... did you fill out the captcha when trying to dl via phone?...

Never saw that or even got to that page. Is there maybe a confilct because Mediafire doesn't have a "mobile" site (does it?) or doesn't re-direct to one. Is it maybe a Java or Flash player thing possibly?
I mean, I do have it set to block pop-ups and all that plus the AdAway app.
That captcha is such a PITA anyway on the OV with the keyboard getting in the way and the page jumping all over the place, constantly minimizing and having to re-zoom in to see the the heck I'm doin!!!!.....on and on and on!
Thank God for Hotspot is all I can say ;)

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

im not sure if mediafire is compatible with mobiles or not, i always use pc... much much quicker... took about 20 seconds to download Jellybread... i gave up downloading via phone a long time ago...
try setting to be viewed as desktop as mentioned above if you have to dl via phone... captcha may show up for you then... :)

Last edited:

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: &amp;lt;ROM+KERNEL&amp;gt;Jellybread-CM7.2-SIO (04202013)

* note-
im switching modes, and am going to take a stab at some AOKP 4.2.2... i do hope kraven/bytecode dont mind me hitting them up ocassionally...
i see no need to mess with the Jellybread kernel as mrg666/earthnfire have that taken care of for us...
please do keep posting... i check my thread daily just so you know... and ill update Jbread from time to time if needed... questions/comments related to Jellybread/SIO, dont hesitate...
(pm me if questions/comments/support relating to my coming endeavors with AOKP)...
Thank you and enjoy!!! :cool:

Last edited:

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Hey sudo.
I want to change the bootanimation screen. I obviously went into /system/media and added a .zip, however, it did not "take" on reboot. Did you move the bootanimation file into some other folder or something?

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

nope... i removed the bootanimations completely, so it defaults to my android_logo_mask... you should be able to drop it in system/media (named bootanimation.zip), reboot device, and it should show...
(i know you already know this)... if its not sticking, you can always add it preflash... :)

or i suppose you could add it to the roboto font fix.zip and flash it... you know the file structure...

Last edited:

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

off topic, AOKP is coming along... slowly but surely... id ask kraven for help, but hes never on anymore... bytecode never responded (big surprise right?... LMAO)...
good news is i did get a response from another AOKP dev and hes helping me as much as he can... my hat goes off to him for "taking me under his wing" and teaching me the correct way of doing things w/AOKP, as well as a few tricks along the way... ;)

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

nope... i removed the bootanimations completely, so it defaults to my android_logo_mask... you should be able to drop it in system/media (named bootanimation.zip), reboot device, and it should show...
(i know you already know this)... if its not sticking, you can always add it preflash... :)

or i suppose you could add it to the roboto font fix.zip and flash it... you know the file structure...

I may not be as "good" as you are thinking or assuming.
The .zip drop into /system/media did not take after reboot.
I don't follow you on adding it preflash or anything about roboto font fix .zip...
Learn me something new today:)
lolThanks

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

ok... gimme a min...

try this... drop your bootanimation.zip in system/media>move Add-to.zip to sd>boot to recovery>flash w sig ver disabled (i didnt sign it)... let me know if it sticks... :)
Jellybread-SIO-Add-to.zip

Last edited:

vector84an

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

There are some build.prop values related to boot animation, check your build.prop for them, or try adding them if they're not there?
Code:
ro.kernel.android.bootanim=1
debug.sf.nobootanimation=0

I remember seeing some stuff in the init that would set the debug value if the kernel flag was (not) set, so try adding both?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084