I am giving my sister my old LG OV but atm we don't have a computer so I can root it and give her more memory. Is there a app that can give me root?

Wakka Wakka PAC ROM
    05-12-2013 01:48 PM
    [App] [26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers
    Go to settings > about phone > baseband version if it's zv4 or zv5 you can use this to root the phone. Sometimes it don't work on the first try, it could take 1to 10 tries but it will work. If after 10 minutes of running and it doesn't work, pull the battery and put it back in, try again. You'll have to repeat this process until it works.

Always do a backup first.
    05-12-2013 03:00 PM
    It's posts like these that just deserve a "use the search" post. Seriously, there's 4 guides in the stickies, with freaking every inch of info you need. Even if you don't have a computer... Seriously.
    Just giving him a link will lead him to bricking the phone. No doubt.

This is the first freaking line I read when i clicked the first link in the "Rooting, ROMS, and Hacks" sub-forum, called "Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM"

Rooting

Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights to the phone so one can do customizations that aren't normally allowed. Root by itself doesn't do anything interesting, unless there's an app that needs it. The fancy stuff comes from custom ROMs. Just remember Virgin Mobile Activation only works on Froyo ROMs, so do it before going to Gingerbread. The easiest way to root nowadays is to use GingerBreak. It can be found here:

[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

How hard... How freaking hard was that to read one thread?
    badblue1__ likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:59 AM
    The very first thing i read when i joined the forums was the STICKIES just common sense i thought.

And if someone tries to help, even if it's wrong, i always be curtious enough to at least hit the THANKS button!
    05-14-2013 03:19 PM
    Nobody's perfect, as we all make mistakes.

Like the 2nd post though. If your ZV4/ZV5, you can root without a PC. If your ZV9, you will need a PC.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    badblue1__ likes this.
    05-14-2013 03:33 PM