So in the past couple of days, my texting service has been malfunctioning, I can send texts, but my phone can't recieve them. I've re-activated it several times, and during the phone's re-activation process, a mass of text messages will flood my phone, then once it's finished, the service shuts down again, and now my phone has refused to re-activate at all. I have restored my phone to factory settings as well. I have had this phone for a year and have taken pretty good care of it, should I just consider replacing the entire phone or is there anything else I can do to save it?
    05-25-2013 09:59 PM
    It sounds like the problem is on VM's end. Have you actually talked to a tech (one that actually knows what there doing)?
    05-26-2013 10:27 PM
    It sounds like the problem is on VM's end. Have you actually talked to a tech (one that actually knows what there doing)?
    Psh, no. I've tried talking to them long before this and their customer service is close to pathetic, not to mention their "fix-all-problems" automated service seems to include every problem I could have BUT the problem I'm having, so even trying to get in contact with them right now seems like a wasted endeavor
    05-27-2013 10:37 AM
    What is your signal strength like where this is happening? Any WiFi connections/sources?
    You've had it for a year, so I'm going to assume your running ZV4 or 5.
    If it was me, I'd call VM and ask to speak to a tech support persons supervisor straight away. Explain the situation. Ask to have the issue escalated and if this cannot be fixed for some reason to send a replacement phone.
    They may have you install the ZV9 update. You can find out more about what that is here in androidcentral
    Good luck.
    05-27-2013 10:47 AM
    What is your signal strength like where this is happening? Any WiFi connections/sources?
    You've had it for a year, so I'm going to assume your running ZV4 or 5.
    If it was me, I'd call VM and ask to speak to a tech support persons supervisor straight away. Explain the situation. Ask to have the issue escalated and if this cannot be fixed for some reason to send a replacement phone.
    They may have you install the ZV9 update. You can find out more about what that is here in androidcentral
    Good luck.
    I had to get to tier 3 of tech support to fix VM-side tech issues just before buying my OV... a kyocera phone and a samsung phone both lost partial service. Messaging intermittent, voice calls intermittent. Worked away from home. My theory was a bad tower in the PRL. Couldn't test that theory cause of incompetent tech support and phones with no USB drivers.
    They replaced the phones, after 3 months of escalation and refunding my service fee repeatedly.
    Maybe look into updating the PRL, or try activating/using it in a remote location where it'll grab another tower.
    Oh, and the ZV9 update will update the PRL as part of the process.
    05-27-2013 02:33 PM
    So the zv9 update can help with texting problems

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-28-2013 12:33 AM
    No clue. Unless your phone is trying to connect to a tower that won't accept it, like mine were a few years ago, I doubt it. The only reason I can see that would help is the PRL included in the update.
    It's just simpler to use the update.zip than all the hackery needed to update just the PRL.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    05-30-2013 06:06 PM
    I think i might try it, just wondering would there be a way to return to zv5?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-31-2013 12:37 AM
    Just re-root, but, only with root utilitys that uses the Godita root exploit. Install Custom recovery and any ROM for the ZV5 baseband.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-31-2013 12:30 PM