11-11-2014 03:21 PM
275 1234 ...
tools
    <circus music playing> I found a poor copy of the MSM7627 chipset datasheet <music ends>
    had a real copy once, lost it in a hard drive crash, it was deleted from zefie's persona files and i couldn't get it back until I searched google for about 4 hours tonight... Qualcomm doesn't like that info being out, apparently!
    hopefully it'll help with the regulator voltages and such since some differ from the MSM7227 in the p500. If I can decipher the blasted thing, it's kinda thick. 78 pages of variable names and much much more.
    I'm posting it cause it's gotten really hard to find, even though the big Q considers the chipset obsolete and won't support it anymore. With some luck, since they have dropped support, they'll not be so vigilant about removing the file as they used to be.
    Maybe someone else can use the info as well.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    07-09-2013 09:56 PM
    Whew! That's a hell of a read! I just gave it a cursory glance and the majority of it is way over my head. If one can have a favorite part of a technical document, mine is this:

Qualcomm Confidential and Proprietary
    MAY CONTAIN U.S. AND INTERNATIONAL EXPORT CONTROLLED INFORMATION
    It seems to be on every other page or so. Thanks again for putting in all this effort. I'm really looking forward to giving this kernel a spin!
    bigsupersquid and badblue1__ like this.
    07-09-2013 10:11 PM
    Once there's enough stated interest, or after I fix the accelerometers (or at least finish fixing the battery code enough so that it acknowledges charging,) I'll put up a flashable zip for suckers... I mean victims... I mean brave users... to play with.
    It seems stable now, at least. Haven't gotten a single reboot for days now since tweaking the battery and OC code, except from trying to run at 864 MHz. Nether of my devices could hang at max OC with any other kernel, anyway, and actually 844 is better than I'm used to being able to use...
    This is quite a bit of fun. (eek, my geek is showing again!)
    07-09-2013 10:21 PM
    Um, 844 is ridiculous! I'm perfectly happy with my 748, but hey, no reason not to test limitations.

By the way, how's battery life on PAC or JBC? With previous kernels, I get pretty dismal battery life on either of those ROMs. I've got no reason to suspect that a 3.0 kernel would improve battery life, but I'm interested to know if it makes a difference.
    07-09-2013 10:27 PM
    Um, 844 is ridiculous! I'm perfectly happy with my 748, but hey, no reason not to test limitations.

By the way, how's battery life on PAC or JBC? With previous kernels, I get pretty dismal battery life on either of those ROMs. I've got no reason to suspect that a 3.0 kernel would improve battery life, but I'm interested to know if it makes a difference.
    Anything I've run, the main battery suckers are the radio, wifi, and gps. if you turn off data, wifi, and gps when not in use you can get days out of a single charge. Airplane mode can last over a week with light app usage. Phone calls and messaging also eat battery.
    PAC, I've gotten about half a day at 30% drain with the wifi on and not connected to network, with data and gps off. That's my daily driver. Got most of a day with about 15% drain with the wifi, data, and gps off.
    JBC, I had the phone sitting all day in airplane mode and it didn't even drop 1% from the battery. Doublechecked it by putting it in my wife's OV, and it still read 100%.
    I doubt it's the kernel, just my usage patterns.
    07-09-2013 10:43 PM
    bump.
    I feel this is stable enough to let people play with now since it doesn't reboot on me anymore unless pushed to the limits.
    Alpha binary release for the brave-of-heart.
    Enjoy.

BTW, this is only my second public software release. The first was a J2ME file downloader for my Rumor Touch (also VM.) When it didn't work as well as I hoped, I made a webtool for the same purpose (bypassing VM's server-side block on downloading .jar and .jad files,) and it was used by several different people worldwide for months until some goober hacked the page and got my free hosting shut down.
    07-10-2013 08:06 PM
    Is it correct, as it says in the OP that the kernel is 3 bytes, and the keyswap patch is 132 bytes?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-10-2013 08:48 PM
    hmm, my browser view doesn't show any filesizes.
    the kernel downloads correctly at 3.77 MB
    edit: firefox show the sizes ok on my laptop instead of android.
    07-10-2013 09:47 PM
    No big deal. Downloads fine and works fantastic! Can't wait to try out the new JBC builds!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    07-11-2013 11:40 AM
    Just been wondering what's an accelerometer

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    QuinnSF likes this.
    07-12-2013 03:58 AM
    Basically it's what your phone uses to determine how it's being held. When you tilt your phone to one side it's the accelerometer that realizes it and tells the OS to rotate the screen.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    _alexkta likes this.
    07-12-2013 09:38 AM
    Just wanted to let you know, I flashed over CAI, and the bluetooth audio works fine. I'm guessing that there is a problem with PAC and JBC that prevents it from working, so you probably won't be able to fix that with your kernel. I'm gonna try a few of the audio patches on JBC and see what I can get going.

Thanks again for you work on this kernel!
    07-12-2013 10:14 AM
    I don't have any bluetooth devices to test, but I did go ahead and try overclocking to 844, and to my surprise, I've had zero reboots! So smooth! Thanks so much!

badblue1__ and bigsupersquid like this.
    07-12-2013 11:03 AM
    Just wanted to let you know, I flashed over CAI, and the bluetooth audio works fine. I'm guessing that there is a problem with PAC and JBC that prevents it from working, so you probably won't be able to fix that with your kernel. I'm gonna try a few of the audio patches on JBC and see what I can get going.

Thanks again for you work on this kernel!
    Has it been working good on ics?

07-12-2013 04:40 PM
    how's the clock lag on cai?
    it might be a kernel issue with the bt not being up to date to match 4.2.2, I merged GB into the board-thunderc-snd.c
    Will look at that.
    07-12-2013 05:44 PM
    It appears that the kernel doesn't have USB fast charge. It would be awesome if you could add that, at your leisure of course.

07-12-2013 06:33 PM
    It appears that the kernel doesn't have USB fast charge. It would be awesome if you could add that, at your leisure of course.
    well, the fast charge sysfs is missing to switch it on and off , but it should draw 400mA instead of the standard 2mA, and not block mass storage.

edit:// wow, that is pretty code for the sysfs switch.
    I think I will import most if not all of it so the toggle will work. Some people used to complain about Blarf's kernel with the high charge rate getting their phone too hot.
    upconvert and flapjack.fiasco like this.
    07-12-2013 07:08 PM
    well, the fast charge sysfs is missing to switch it on and off , but it should draw 400mA instead of the standard 2mA, and not block mass storage.
    Well okay then! Thanks for the quick reply.

This space intentionally left blank.
    07-12-2013 07:10 PM
    I didn't notice any clock lag today, but I wasn't looking at it.

The kernel worked well on ICS. The accelerometer is still broken, but everything else was good. Smooth, fast, over clocked well.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-12-2013 11:10 PM
    Flashed this on ics & I'm loving it, I can oc up to 825 with no reboots rather than the 748 my phone could handle, thanks for this really!

07-13-2013 05:19 PM
    bump
    test40
    needs bluetooth audio tested on jbc.
    camera fixed except still rotated 90 degrees. was a voltage regulator issue. no more 'gallery has stopped' message.

using hardfloat flags
    https://github.com/jawz101/android_k...e18135dbb5465e
    android toolchain sez no.
    so got gnu toolchain here
    was major pain to track down.
    added armv6k compile flags since the MSM7627 is capable of handling the added instructions.
    it seems a bit faster. new quadrant score from JBC, PAC is slower on CPU tests for some reason.
    [Kernel][android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x][bigsuperkernel-3.08]-screenshot_2013-07-13-23-34-02.png vs [Kernel][android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x][bigsuperkernel-3.08]-quadrant.jpg
    07-14-2013 04:07 PM
    bump
    accelerometer and compass working.
    also a regulator issue.

that leaves finishing up the battery code to consider this beta.
    07-14-2013 06:57 PM
    Had some adventures with your kernel today. Let the battery drain too low before leaving work. Charging in the car keeps the battery level stable at best, haven't yet seen it increase while charging in the car. The wife wants to know how close to the house I am, because I work an hour and a half away from work, so I have to be able to stay in contact. I realized too late that I could charge it faster in recovery. The battery was too low to boot all the way, as soon as the OS loads, it starts to shut down. I had to hold the charge plug in my mouth while simultaneously holding home, volume up and power, and plug it in with my teeth to get it into recovery. So in other words, I can't wait until off-line charging works. Still loving the new kernel though, and can't wait to test the new build. Thanks again bigsupersquid!
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    07-14-2013 09:05 PM
    I came up with an idea for a name for the kernel. Well, 1/3 of a name. I don't know if you're looking to name it, or have already chosen one, but you can use this if you want.

I.N.K.

It's squid related, and the last letter of the acronym can stand for kernel. I just haven't thought of any relevant letters for the I or the N. Just putting that out there for what it's worth.
    badblue1__ likes this.
    07-14-2013 09:27 PM
    hadn't thought about naming anything.
    still need a keyswap?
    I just deleted the /system/usr folder from the virgin fix zip.
    07-14-2013 09:40 PM
275 1234 ...