11-11-2014 02:21 PM
275 12345 ...
tools
    Test 41 soft bricked me on CAI, I flashed test 30 & it boots back up, gonna try test 40 & see if it works

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    07-15-2013 02:18 AM
    I had the same experience on CAI with Test41. However, Test40 boots on CAI.
    07-15-2013 10:45 AM
    Really wanna try this, but gotta wait till battery charge notification is fixed. My charger is messed up, so until i can get a new one, i gotta keep messing with it to charge, so i gotta be able to see if it's charging. Once fixed, definitely gonna flash on my PAC 4.2.2

Sent from my ZombieBean-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    07-15-2013 10:54 AM
    BSS,

Congrats on making the member shoutouts under "most thanked!" I love it when I recognize a name there.
    07-15-2013 02:19 PM
    I posted over in the jbc thread, but I wanted to thank you here, too. The Bluetooth audio on the latest jbc build with your kernel works! Great job!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-15-2013 04:58 PM
    BSS,

Congrats on making the member shoutouts under "most thanked!" I love it when I recognize a name there.
    hahaha. cool.
    I'd never have seen that if you hadn't pointed it out.
    nice that the bluetooth worked. I reverted the BT_ numbers and audio codecs in board-thunderc-snd.c to the p500 code.
    07-15-2013 07:23 PM
    Really wanna try this, but gotta wait till battery charge notification is fixed. My charger is messed up, so until i can get a new one, i gotta keep messing with it to charge, so i gotta be able to see if it's charging. Once fixed, definitely gonna flash on my PAC 4.2.2

I might be able to 'fix' it relatively soon. the kernel announces the charger being plugged in, it's a matter of getting the battery code to see that.
    the sysfs code from the usb fastcharge mod should finish off what I needed to know to make the battery read out appropriately instead of only after sleep.
    just need some time... today was day 1 of 5 days job overlap while quitting one and starting another. really limited time this week.
    07-15-2013 07:27 PM
    Take all the time ya need Life comes first. I'll be getting a new charger Friday morning after work, so i'll be able to play with current version then

07-15-2013 08:50 PM
    Absolutely no clock lag with this kernel running on build 6 of the JBC ROM, amazing.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-17-2013 04:34 AM
    Tried the test 41 kernel with PAC ROM, but phone would not boot. Gets stuck on PAC Logo.Tried JBC, but just didn't wanna give up PAC features. Really wanna try this kernel. Hoping with next version, i'll be able to get it to work.

07-17-2013 11:00 PM
    Tried the test 41 kernel with PAC ROM, but phone would not boot. Gets stuck on PAC Logo.Tried JBC, but just didn't wanna give up PAC features. Really wanna try this kernel. Hoping with next version, i'll be able to get it to work.

test 45 may fix CAI/PAC bootloop. system log size in test 41 was too small for logcat to run.

//edit: PAC boots ok with test 45 and JBC ramdisk, but not with it's own ramdisk. Not many differences between them, I'm trying to hammer it out.
    //edit edit: The problem with PAC is init.thunderc.rc, replacing it with the one from JBC stops the bootloop. zip to replace it in OP.
    07-18-2013 08:59 AM
    bump...
    need testers to see if the init.thunderc.rc.zip gets rid of CAI/PAC bootloop.
    let me know if it works for you. Works for me on PAC.
    07-18-2013 10:35 AM
    I can probably test it tonight. I get out of work early today, but I have a bunch of errands to run. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    bigsupersquid and dingermtb like this.
    07-18-2013 11:09 AM
    I'll try to flash it today.
    07-18-2013 11:56 AM
    Gonna flash in a few. Will report back

07-18-2013 12:19 PM
    Gonna flash in a few. Will report back

sorry... had to update the file. had the wrong version of init.thunderc.rc zipped up. It worked this time installed thru recovery on top of PAC after the kernel zip.
    I had originally tested it by repacking the ramdisk manually, so didn't realize I'd borked the zip.
    07-18-2013 12:41 PM
    Just getting ready to say it didn't work, Lil. Gonna redownload and flash now

07-18-2013 01:29 PM
    sorry... had to update the file. had the wrong version of init.thunderc.rc zipped up. It worked this time installed thru recovery on top of PAC after the kernel zip.
    I had originally tested it by repacking the ramdisk manually, so didn't realize I'd borked the zip.
    I get an Status 2 error when I try to flash the init.thunderc.rc zip. Sig verification is off.

Edit: I copied the files from that zip over to the test45 kernel. It booted!

Edit2: Wifi seems to be borked. In settings, the toggle is greyed out. When I click on wifi settings and try to toggle it on, it says "Turning wifi on..." but it never does.
    07-18-2013 03:22 PM
    weird, my wifi works. I'll try a whole fresh flash and examine
    upconvert likes this.
    07-18-2013 05:44 PM
    I'm gonna take the plunge in a few, just rebooted into recovery to do some rapid charging. I'll give a report when I'm done.
    07-18-2013 08:26 PM
    I get an Status 2 error when I try to flash the init.thunderc.rc zip. Sig verification is off.

Edit: I copied the files from that zip over to the test45 kernel. It booted!

Edit2: Wifi seems to be borked. In settings, the toggle is greyed out. When I click on wifi settings and try to toggle it on, it says "Turning wifi on..." but it never does.
    full wipe, fresh flash of pac, then the init.thunderc.rc.zip, then the test 45 kernel, my wifi worked ok on first boot.
    is the md5 right on your download?
    or maybe it's my recovery that allows flashing my weird zips, multirom cwm 5.0.2.7?
    07-18-2013 08:48 PM
    weird, my wifi works. I'll try a whole fresh flash and examine
    Maybe I should push those files with adb. Any idea why the .zip wouldn't flash for me?

I'll try to flash again, too.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-18-2013 09:58 PM
    Maybe I should push those files with adb. Any idea why the .zip wouldn't flash for me?

That status 2 error is most likely a compatibility problem with the recovery. Supersquid, are you using amend or edify for your updater scripts?

I'm unsure as I don't frequent the v forums that much but if COT was ported to the v, you should be using that or twrp. They both have amend and edify script support. The newer versions of cwm only support edify. Whereas the older ones only support amend scripts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    upconvert likes this.
    07-18-2013 10:22 PM
    I'm using twrp. I'll try again with zen garden today. So that gets flashed before the kernel?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-19-2013 06:53 AM

pushing shouldn't work, it's a ramdisk file.
    maybe it needs a different update-binary for your recovery. I'll copy the one from the kernel zip over and reupload it.
    //edit: yep, it's a different update-binary. it'll probably work now.
    and you should be able to flash the init zip before or after the kernel.
    That status 2 error is most likely a compatibility problem with the recovery. Supersquid, are you using amend or edify for your updater scripts?

I'm unsure as I don't frequent the v forums that much but if COT was ported to the v, you should be using that or twrp. They both have amend and edify script support. The newer versions of cwm only support edify. Whereas the older ones only support amend scripts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    mine is plenty new. I like it.
    upconvert and gollum18 like this.
    07-19-2013 09:01 AM
275 12345 ...