[Kernel][android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x][bigsuperkernel-3.08]

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Kernel][ALPHA][android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x (3.0.8)]

Ya know, with your work on this kernel I can finally roll the newer roms! I haven't been able to use roms with only partial hardware support. Thank you my friend!

~So there!~

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Ya know, with your work on this kernel I can finally roll the newer roms! I haven't been able to use roms with only partial hardware support. Thank you my friend!

~So there!~
the first piece of hardware I got partially working is the last to still be giving me problems. the battery code is ... icky. and it's important that it refresh in realtime.
vvvveeeerrrrryyyyy slow progress.

HaiTek

May 7, 2011
Visit site

So far this kernel is working great with kraven's JBC build 6! Thanks BSS.

The only issue I'm having is the keys are swapped on my OptiS. The keyswap zip in post 1 doesn't appear to be working. Is anybody else with this device having this problem?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

So far this kernel is working great with kraven's JBC build 6! Thanks BSS.

The only issue I'm having is the keys are swapped on my OptiS. The keyswap zip in post 1 doesn't appear to be working. Is anybody else with this device having this problem?
I'll post a reversed keyswap in a minute.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Test 45 doesn't boot without the patch. With the patch there's no WiFi.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app
thanks for testing.
there's probably something specific in that file that needs fixed for CAI. I'll have to look into it, but not super fast. concentrating on battery right now.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Finally got to flash test 50 with build 6 of JBC. It's great! Accelerometer is definitely working, and charging status shows correctly as well, after wake of course. I ran into a similar situation as did at least one other person.

I flashed in this order:
  1. ROM
  2. Kernel
  3. Virgin Fix 3 (- /system/usr/)
  4. Gapps (KonstaKang)

I then rebooted, signed into my Google account, waited until contacts synced, and changed a few UI settings. Everything was running really smooth, so I rebooted into recovery.

Once in recovery, I made a nandroid, and then flashed Crossbreeder. I rebooted and got the welcome screen again with no radio service. I figured Crossbreeder had screwed something up, so I rebooted into recovery and restored the nandroid.

After restoring, I booted back into Android, and of course, everything was fine. I tested cell and wifi, and both were working fine. I rebooted, and then after a few minutes rebooted again into recovery with the intent of flashing an int2ext script. I flashed CronMod int2ext+, rebooted, and got the welcome screen again, yet again with no cell service. Wifi was still working, so I figured why not try to sign in again and see what happens. After signing in, I still had no cell service, so I rebooted.

After this reboot, everything was/has been fine. After a few more reboots, I booted into recovery and flashed Crossbreeder. Everything is running fine now. Weird. I don't have a clue as to what in either Crossbreeder or the int2ext script may have caused that to happen. But that's what happened. Hopefully that's of some use to you. If not, at least know that running your kernel with JBC is extremely satisfying! Thanks again for all your work!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Once in recovery, I made a nandroid, and then flashed Crossbreeder. I rebooted and got the welcome screen again with no radio service. I figured Crossbreeder had screwed something up, so I rebooted into recovery and restored the nandroid.

After restoring, I booted back into Android, and of course, everything was fine. I tested cell and wifi, and both were working fine. I rebooted, and then after a few minutes rebooted again into recovery with the intent of flashing an int2ext script. I flashed CronMod int2ext+, rebooted, and got the welcome screen again, yet again with no cell service. Wifi was still working, so I figured why not try to sign in again and see what happens. After signing in, I still had no cell service, so I rebooted.

After this reboot, everything was/has been fine. After a few more reboots, I booted into recovery and flashed Crossbreeder. Everything is running fine now. Weird. I don't have a clue as to what in either Crossbreeder or the int2ext script may have caused that to happen. But that's what happened. Hopefully that's of some use to you. If not, at least know that running your kernel with JBC is extremely satisfying! Thanks again for all your work!
CrossBreeder definitely clears dalvik-cache on installation. the int2ext script messes with dalvik-cache, probably clears it too. AFAIK, clearing that brings up the welcome screen (After the 'android is updating' delay.)
interesting that cell service died, and also that it restored after reboting.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Test 45 doesn't boot without the patch. With the patch there's no WiFi.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app
for CAI, new patch in OP. I get wifi with it.
actually fixed the init.thunderc.rc instead of pasting in one from another ROM. Did the same for the PAC init.thunderc.rc in OP.
the charger service needs to be initialized 'on post-fs' and not run at all on boot.

however...
no adb in CAI, or GB, or Froyo... in fact, no usb functionality at all. no charging indicator, either.
edited all the adb stuff in init.rc and changed out the adbd binary, no dice. clueless, currently.

Last edited:

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

squid. you are awesome. im totally lost though. there are two roms - millions of builds hundreds of fixes and files. - when can we see a complete rom/kernel combo?

what files do i need to install. If you post a link to the rom/kernel ill just get lost all over again.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

@notown Follow Flapjack's post and you'll be fine.

@squid I just followed Flapjack's steps, right before you posted 55 (although I kind of skipped the VM patch) so I tested JBC b6 with 3.0.8 test 50 and Crossbreeder 7.2.13 using Konstant's gapps. I'm very pleased to report that my el-cheapo Fuse BT ear piece works flawlessly. I'm going to try 55 next, and you can be certain I'll be following your progress quite closely. Nicely done, my dear cephalopod!

~So there!~

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

squid. you are awesome. im totally lost though. there are two roms - millions of builds hundreds of fixes and files. - when can we see a complete rom/kernel combo?

what files do i need to install. If you post a link to the rom/kernel ill just get lost all over again.
I am not doing ROMs myself. If you download thekraven's latest JBC and flash this kernel over it you should be ok.
The different builds are a progression from early to more refined. Bigger numbers are 'better' although there are differences that might make some people want older builds.

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

So if I understand correctly, your Kernel in different from thekraven's, even though he is building off yours?

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

@notown Follow Flapjack's post and you'll be fine.

@squid I just followed Flapjack's steps, right before you posted 55 (although I kind of skipped the VM patch) so I tested JBC b6 with 3.0.8 test 50 and Crossbreeder 7.2.13 using Konstant's gapps. I'm very pleased to report that my el-cheapo Fuse BT ear piece works flawlessly. I'm going to try 55 next, and you can be certain I'll be following your progress quite closely. Nicely done, my dear cephalopod!

~So there!~

thats the thing. i did follow and theres still a million things you need to flash- and the buttons are switched.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

thats the thing. i did follow and theres still a million things you need to flash- and the buttons are switched.
one of the two keyswap files will fix your buttons.
there are lots of options to flash but the basics are rom, kernel, vm fix, and maybe keyswap. pac and cai need a patch zip each too. optional are gapps, some int2 script, and crossbreeder.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

his matches mine as of about ten days ago, plus the wifi patches.
it should work fine. I like thekraven's work.
mine has minor updates for charger notification and the keymap has home/menu reversed.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Open up the Virgin Fix, don't extract it, just open it. Delete the /usr directory under /system. That should fix the keys so next time you flash it, they won't be reversed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman