[Kernel][android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x][bigsuperkernel-3.08]

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Kernel][ALPHA][android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x (3.0.8)]

So far, the best version for me, and most accurate battery reading is test 55. This is the version I keep going back too :D

Sent from my ZombieBean-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
ok, then, test 80 reverts battery to test 55 msm_battery_thunderc.c

dgb43070

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site

bisupersquid, thanks for your work on this kernel. My Optimus V is running better than ever. Though I'm new to kernel hacking I'd like to try contributing to this project. I managed to build the kernel but I don't know how to package it into a flashable zip. Can you tell me how it's done? When I flashed test 80 I saw that you used koush's AnyKernel, but I tried using that and got an error when I tried to flash the zip, something about expecting to mount 4 partitions instead of 3.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

to package your kernel,
open the test 80 zip with an archiving tool, copy your zImage into the kernel folder, and your wireless.ko (and any other modules you make) into system/lib/modules folder. close the archiver (save if it hasn't as you go) and rename the zip.
use something to sign it if you want, or just leave it unsigned (one of the niceties of custom recoveries in my opinion is ignoring verification.)

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

So squid, I've been looking at the battery code in my spare time (which is minimal right now), and I haven't gotten very far yet. I have done a little searching on RPC though. I just want to make sure that I'm searching for the right thing. When you say RPC, you're talking about remote procedure calls, right? If so, I found a tutorial: CS 417 Documents. Don't know if that will help you any or not, but if I'm going to contribute anything other than a link, it's gonna take a while for me to get comfortable with the code. Hope that helps some, and if I am on the right track with my searching, I'll keep looking for more possibly helpful info.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

You're heading in the right direction, flapjack. I'd love to help also, but I haven't done any kernel hacking since around '03, and between work and the kids I barely have time to work on my existing projects. The best advice an old Slackware dog like me can give is keep it simple, make your changes small and test everything ad nauseam!

Sent from my LG-VM670

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I feel you brotherswing, I've got four kids running around in here right now. Kernel development is definitely not what I'm interested in doing at the moment, but if I can help even a little, I'd like to at least try. I really just want to tweak and alter a ROM, as opposed to the kernel, but I'm sure anything I learn here will only help with that endeavor.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

Guessing it's in the battery code (i know nothing about deving) but one thing i've noticed in all the versions is that the phone doesn't seem to charge when the charger is plugged in and the phone is in use. Only seems to charge when phone is not in use with screen turned off.

Sent from my ZombieBean-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

mine charges with the screen on, I use the clock with a ac charger all afternoon.
there are definite issues with the charger code though. charging happens (when it does,) whether or not the battery code knows it's plugged in.

JimJ2mz

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Okay I'm really in a rush here so
Zen and bigsupersquid!
I've flashed the b6-cm-10.1-20130715-thekraven-LS670 ROM along with your test80 kernel, thunderc pac and the oskeyswap on the LG Vortex and,
I just gotta say, besides the rotation doing that mirror problem Zen mentioned, my phone is smooth right now. 4.2.2.
As I've just said, I'm in a rush but. Thanks for all the hard work you guys did. And theKraken too.
Zen, thanks for posting in that Quattrimus forum. I couldn't have found about all this without you.

zemm356

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Okay I'm really in a rush here so
Zen and bigsupersquid!
I've flashed the b6-cm-10.1-20130715-thekraven-LS670 ROM along with your test80 kernel, thunderc pac and the oskeyswap on the LG Vortex and,
I just gotta say, besides the rotation doing that mirror problem Zen mentioned, my phone is smooth right now. 4.2.2.
As I've just said, I'm in a rush but. Thanks for all the hard work you guys did. And theKraken too.
Zen, thanks for posting in that Quattrimus forum. I couldn't have found about all this without you.

So, I am think a lot about sensors, in 4.0.4 t working good coz it is for vs660, with this new 4.2 for optimus V all different, so I am done next - replaces all sensor files from 4.0.4 rom into 4.2 rom
result : accelerometer working normal))))
enjoy)))
download link Сервис хранения информации @ EX.UA

but my problem is with this 4.2 rom like with all OV roms - no 3G on my Vortex.:-$:-$:-$

Last edited:

zemm356

May 16, 2013
Visit site

zemm, try replacing the ril files, that might get you working 3g.

in case replace all ril = no servise ( cannot read network parameters, not shown tel number, network type etc.)
in standart 4.2 - data reboot... meaning it show =>
network signal (1-2sec) => roaming, no signal(1-2sec) => airplane mode(1-2sec) - and repeat all time ( shown tel number and network type etc)
so I am cannot see solution for now

bigsupersquid, how are you fix accelerometer in your kernel? can we do some mod for 4.0.4 rom....?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

accelerometer code could be modified.
you'd have to invert all the output.
to do it myself...
I'd have to justify the time, between full time work and full time school I have little free time to experiment.

zemm356

May 16, 2013
Visit site

accelerometer code could be modified.
you'd have to invert all the output.
to do it myself...
I'd have to justify the time, between full time work and full time school I have little free time to experiment.
let you help me in next moment
last time I am use Linux and develop 8-9 years ago, an now nothing to remember
can you explain what kind of soft you use to work with kernel files, how to create after flashable zip?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

kernel seems to make the JBC a bit more stable...might take a while to get used to the whole battery bug (im on Test 80), but why is it treating my travel charger as USB (hate USB charging...it takes twice as long...70 to 100% on USB takes 2-3 hours...instead of one, one and a half)?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

kernel seems to make the JBC a bit more stable...might take a while to get used to the whole battery bug (im on Test 80), but why is it treating my travel charger as USB (hate USB charging...it takes twice as long...70 to 100% on USB takes 2-3 hours...instead of one, one and a half)?
everything related to the charger pretty much barely works. the only two modes I have to test it with are usb and ac wall.
pastebin a "adb shell dmesg" about ten seconds or more after plugging in your travel charger and I can see what the kernel is reporting it as.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

let you help me in next moment
last time I am use Linux and develop 8-9 years ago, an now nothing to remember
can you explain what kind of soft you use to work with kernel files, how to create after flashable zip?
this is a bit out of date, but will get you started.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...how-build-your-own-kernel-package-source.html
there are instructions in this thread for the flashable zip.

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Ok so to get this working on PAC what exactly do I flash.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Ok so to get this working on PAC what exactly do I flash.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

should be pac, it's vm fix, kernel, init pac thunderc, and one of the two keyswaps to null the one in the vm fix. I think. format system data cache dalvik-cache and reboot.

I saw a funny cross reference... Dalek VM instead of dalvik VM... would imply Dalek-cache.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

everything related to the charger pretty much barely works. the only two modes I have to test it with are usb and ac wall.
pastebin a "adb shell dmesg" about ten seconds or more after plugging in your travel charger and I can see what the kernel is reporting it as.

Hopefully you get this...but I have gone back to the 3.0.8 kernel, this time on the latest PAC build. My BatteryBot app reports that the phone is charging via USB...despite the fact that I am using a travel AC charger plugged to an AC outlet...