I am running the Qattrimus ICS rom and voice search doesn't work so I installed the gingerbread voice search and it works great... I also installed the gingerbread email app because it is faster. Both programs work great but after a few hours, they get automatically updated to the new versions even though I have automatic updates turned off in Google Play. Is there any way to prevent Google from updating these?
    06-01-2013 02:05 PM
    That is strange. You would think if you have the option checked to turn off updates it wouldn't happen.

I know there is that " Break the Market Link " on Titanium and MyBackup Root (Pro) version. I'm not sure exactly what it does in terms of breaking the Market link. Might be something worth looking into.
    06-01-2013 02:30 PM
    If you have titanium backup : freeze market updater in the apps section, Then hit the menu button, go to the market section, first line says Market auto updates manager, click on it, hit deselect all, then click save this configuration, fourth line down in market section ,disable market auto updates.

I've ran it like this for a year, never had an auto update. Just make sure you check the market once in a while for updates and update when you want to, .not when Google wants you to!

And yes in market settings make sure auto updates are turned off.

All apps still linked to the market.
    06-01-2013 03:02 PM
    There are settings on EACH APP in the 4.0 Play Store, in addition to a global setting for auto-update.

And various google apps like to install themselves as auto-updating, overriding the global setting.

Try going to the specific app's screen in the Play Store, hit the menu key, tick off auto-update?

At least, I think that's how it works? Worth a shot before breaking market links at least?
    06-01-2013 03:31 PM
    Thanks badblue, did that and it seems to be working good so far.
    badblue1__ likes this.
    06-02-2013 07:21 AM