This has come up several times. Hardly anyone wants to mess with splitting the boot.img to modify the ramdisk files.
    So here's an easy way.
    This will replace the splash screen before the bootanimation (but after the silver LG) with a blank black screen.
    Backup before flashing, I've only tested this myself. I take no responsibility for you messing up your device, thus you better nandroid before using my stuff!
    Flash in recovery with signature verification OFF.
    If you want a specific splash screen instead of a black one, replace initlogo.rle in the kernel/ramdisk folder in the ZIP with your initlogo.rle of choice. Just verify that it's a 320x480 image.
    how to make rle files here, thank leslieann and jerryscript.
    This is based off the zip installer for Tasssadar's Multirom. He modified Koush's Anykernel to change ramdisk contents instead of changing kernels.
    md5sum:
    bf63907e628f9b958f40f7696a4353fd
    changeinitlogo.zip
    06-29-2013 10:33 AM
    This is a silly reason to bump, but thought I'd throw it out there.
    Since this is a ramdisk-editing zip, it can be modified to change any file in the ramdisk, or add new ones.
    A prime example: init.rc
    Just change the filename in kernel/edit_ramdisk.sh
    Code:
    # Remove initlogo, replace
    rm /tmp/rd/init.rc
    to match the new filename, dump the file you want to exchange into /kernel/ramdisk, and remove initlogo.rle from /kernel/ramdisk (in that order.)
    Anything in that folder will be copied into the ramdisk, and it all takes up valuable space, so don't leave any cruft in there you're not intending to copy.
    you can put new (or replace existing) files into a subdirectory of kernel/ramdisk as well, but you'll have to put a whole folder containing the new file into the /kernel/ramdisk folder in the zip, and modify the rm command if needed. At least in the linux archivers I've tried, you can't put an empty folder in an already created zip file, so that's the only way I know of to get files into a subfolder that doesn't already exist in the zip.
    if you're adding a file, just comment out the rm command. Or delete it entirely.
    example:
    Code:
    # Remove initlogo, replace
    #rm /tmp/rd/initlogo.rle
    Hopefully this will make it easier for people to change things without getting into the hackery needed to mess with boot.img's.
    Thank tasssadar over on xda if you like it.
    I kanged the original from him... it's also on his github.
    Don't blame him, or me, if you use this and mess up your phone!
    backup, backup, backup first!
    and if you don't know what I'm talking about here, you probably shouldn't go modifying the zip. Friendly warning.
    07-09-2013 07:13 PM