jellybread rom port

[ROM][GPL][CM7.2] Jelly Bread v4.5 | [24.06.2013] - xda-developers

Project Name = Jelly Bread
Created by = saldymhmd and Alfisyahrien
Based on = CM7.2 Unofficial Nightly by ItachiSama
-------------------------------------------------------
First of all, what is Jelly Bread?
-------------------------------------------------------
This is CM7 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Gio, with some modifications on interface to get the taste of Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (CM10). Its not 100% same with CM10 but at least you can feel CM10 when running on this ROM

Fully working camera in a way its working but record for the video camera part frezzes and gets stuck
Gapps Included
BLN Enabled
Integrated Achep ICS layout , modified to JellyBean Layout
Themed the whole framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk, and all system apps. No theme.apk
Jelly Bean style statusbar expanded
Added settings shortcut on statusbar expanded
Added Recent Apps button on statusbar expanded
ICS/JB Task Swithcer Style
Nexus 4 (Android 4.2) Analog Clock Style
ICS/JB Style Settings
Jelly Bean transition animation (super smooth)
Included Universall Megabass Audioboost
Full Roboto font

all original credits go to mrg666 for mirage rom and xda member saldymhmd and Alfisyahrien creator of the jelybread rom originally

download link
jellybread port ov.zip

cnter clock
center clock mod jbread.zip

for those having problems with superuser use this fix it helped me just flash it its by clockworkmod download the recovery zip
[APP][Playstore] Superuser App by Clockworkmod - xda-developers

enjoy :)

Last edited:

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: jellybread rom?

It is a very nice ROM, thanks.

How do you get root on this one? Gingerbreak does not work :(

TIA,

bun

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
It is already rooted. Look in:
/system/xbin. You should see the su binaries. If not there look in the /system/bin.
Easiest way is just to open a terminal emulator and type in:
su
then hit the enter key. If you get a # it's rooted. If you get a $ it's not.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
THere is su under /system/xbin

terminal emulator:
$su
permission denied
$

==========================

Ummmm.........

Would a complete wipe help? I just wipe user data/factory/cache partition as suggested

Edit:

I wiped everyting and re-installed, no dice
bun

Last edited:

ricoson9

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
bunanson i put a link in original post to fix your problem download the recovery zip and flash........center clock mod is up for people that like center clock

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, it worked like a charm. I dl it and flash under cwm, now I am rooted. Thanks again.

I tried to make tether/hotspot work. Both the native and 3rd party apps, svtp or tether for root user,even with rooted, failed. It stays on "connecting..." , any suggestions?

bun

ricoson9

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, it worked like a charm. I dl it and flash under cwm, now I am rooted. Thanks again.

I tried to make tether/hotspot work. Both the native and 3rd party apps, svtp or tether for root user,even with rooted, failed. It stays on "connecting..." , any suggestions?

bun

I have the same problem I searched the internet for a fix can't find one so I'm sorry to say but tethering seems its going to have to remain broken unless someone can come up with a fix because I don't know how to fix it

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem I searched the internet for a fix can't find one so I'm sorry to say but tethering seems its going to have to remain broken unless someone can come up with a fix because I don't know how to fix it

Granted, at this point, I have fairly limited knowledge on the subject, but from what I understand, tether functionality is mostly dependent on the kernel. You might want to try switching out with MRG666's kernel to see if that changes anything. You'd have to ask his permission to include it in the ROM of course, but at the very least, if it works, you could direct users to his thread to download it.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Granted, at this point, I have fairly limited knowledge on the subject, but from what I understand, tether functionality is mostly dependent on the kernel. You might want to try switching out with MRG666's kernel to see if that changes anything. You'd have to ask his permission to include it in the ROM of course, but at the very least, if it works, you could direct users to his thread to download it.
also, mrG's thread says his work can be used freely as long as full credit is given... and if you build the kernel from his posted source code yourself, it'll have your username and machine ID in the phone info section under kernel, and you could include it in your download. Just be sure to credit him for the source.

you might look through the init.*.rc files in the ramdisk (you can get at them once the phone is booted, just not save changes) and make sure they match the wifi settings in the original Mirage that you used for the port. If the wifi sections are different anywhere, use the Mirage settings. You can modify ramdisk files with this tool if you don't want to split the boot image, decompress the ramdisk, change it, recompress it, and recombine the boot image for testing. After you get it where you want it (if you've changed the ramdisk at all) you can use
Code:
dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
to extract it from your test device to include it in the ROM zip.