I almost fixed my phone today except for the Activation.apk app which, when opened, cuts off the connection and the screen goes white before returning back to the homescreen. When it is back on the homescreen the cellular bars comeback. I tried an alternative by going into dialer and punching in ##VIRGIN# which gave me the same results. I'm tempted to just reset the settings in ##RTN# but I'm worried it may brick the phone. I'm currently running on a Froyo ROM (2.2.1), I have the LS670ZVD radio, and my PRL is 61007. Hopefully they're is a fix. So far I've tried to use an app called SetDNS but it hasn't helped. I've tried rebooting and removing the battery various times without success. It isn't the ROM either; I've tried multiple ROMs, all that gave me no success. Periodically I can see the 3G logo or the 1x logo but the Internet is only reachable through WiFi. I followed one of SammyZ's bricking guides and I believe that is why I don't have 3G. I know my MSL and wrote down the AAA codes. I replaced the MDN and MIN with 1's and 5's. I switched to CDMA only and then went back to CDMA Auto by using the dialer combination ##4636##. That didn't work. Here are the guides I followed in order:
    This so I could get the ZVJ radio: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...mus-v-zvj.html

I then used this guide to root my Optimus V: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...available.html

So I can use LG Optimus V roms: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...mus-v-zvj.html

I've been searching for an answer but haven't been successful. I would appreciate it greatly if someone could help me. The last thing I want to do is call up Virgin Mobile because they have terrible customer service.
    08-10-2013 11:24 PM
    the sprint baseband probably won't work with the virgin activate app. you might try a gingerbread Sprint rom with the sprint activation app... or
    you may have to go back to zv5 or zv9 to get it to work with virgin froyo. at least you can probably restore data then since you wrote down your codes.
    check your kernel version under phone info, if it's not picasticks-derived you might want to try flashing my rebuild of his, and test the activate app again. newer kernels left out some of the LG code that prevents QPST from working and that could also frag the activate app since it uses weird bits of the kernel to talk to the radio processor.
    also, harmonia froyo or rhode (both from the same developer) are needed to use activate unless you're running an original VM froyo rom. they both have kernels which can handle what you need.
    their customer service might be better if you speak Hindi... but they won't help you at all with this kind of issue. It can't happen without rooting.
    AndyOpie150 and badblue1__ like this.
    08-11-2013 12:50 AM
    the sprint baseband probably won't work with the virgin activate app. you might try a gingerbread Sprint rom with the sprint activation app... or
    you may have to go back to zv5 or zv9 to get it to work with virgin froyo. at least you can probably restore data then since you wrote down your codes.
    check your kernel version under phone info, if it's not picasticks-derived you might want to try flashing my rebuild of his, and test the activate app again. newer kernels left out some of the LG code that prevents QPST from working and that could also frag the activate app since it uses weird bits of the kernel to talk to the radio processor.
    also, harmonia froyo or rhode (both from the same developer) are needed to use activate unless you're running an original VM froyo rom. they both have kernels which can handle what you need.
    their customer service might be better if you speak Hindi... but they won't help you at all with this kind of issue. It can't happen without rooting.
    Sorry for not replying for such a long time I've been busy. I appreciate the quick response.

I did try activating while I was on ZV5 but got an error (something like 06-07-XXXX) and I was on Harmonia. My kernel is 'pica-plus'_novatek_hitachiroot@tablet'. I also unbricked my phone using SammyZ's KP500 unbrick method which may be causing this problem.

Should I still follow your link to the kernel and flash it to my phone even though my kernel should be working?
    08-25-2013 05:16 PM
    Your going to need to either use lgnpst to get back to zv5 by flashing the bin in e-mode followed by the nvs file you saved via the zvj guide.
    This also probably would have better help there unless your Optimus didn't have 3g before hand. The Optimus V zvj guide does break data. There is a way to restore it without going back to zv5 but that's the easiest way.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-25-2013 08:08 PM
    I'm a little confused. I have LGNPST opened with my OV in emergency mode.I'm still new to using LGNPST so please bear with me. Do I select File>Select DLL and then choose LS670 and choose VM670 in the Provision Tab? I know you said bin but all I have is a cab file for ZV5. Here is what is looks like so far:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5sl8n09dl...%20%282%29.png
    It does not look right at all. I've noticed that when I go into ##PORT# it registers the phone correctly but when I go into E-mode it does not.
    08-26-2013 02:11 PM
    Here's how I got my data working on zvj

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2005925

If that doesn't work out I'll find hosting for the zv5 bin

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-26-2013 07:20 PM