07-26-2014 07:26 PM
104 12345
tools
    What is gms by the way?
    "Package File Is Invalid" - Neverending nightmare-uploadfromtaptalk1381550578587.jpg
    ---------
    This is my signature. Without me, my signature is nothing. Without my signature, I am nothing.
    10-12-2013 12:03 AM
    I'm pretty sure I said this:
    "It renamed the file without a problem."

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Anyway, I wiped the caches and...

No Google Play Services in /data/app.
    In data/davlik-cache, I found a "com.google.android.gm-1.apk@classes.dex" is this it?
    In data/data, there's a "com.google.android.gm" and a com.google.android.gms" - the former seems to be active, but the latter is empty.
    In data/local, there is absolutely nothing.
    In /system, I don't see anything...

And I think GMS is Google Play Services... and I have files of that sort still.

Thoughts on this development?
    10-12-2013 12:31 AM
    The gms is Google Play Services. Try deleting that one. Then try installing again thru ADB.
    10-12-2013 01:26 PM
    We have another problem:

Great. I make ONE mistake and my phone never stops giving me hell for it... Mr. Phone, could you forgive me? Please?
    10-12-2013 02:45 PM
    You need to change the /data/data folder from R/O to R/W (read only to read and write). Then you will be able to delete the file. When done change back to R/O.
    If your file manager is a decent root file manager it will have the option somwhere in the settings.

PS: I deleted Google Play Services, then I ADB installed it in my Windows XP with no problem.
    10-12-2013 05:14 PM
    This is all confusing me. Here are some images of what I'm seeing:

In the one on the left, I'm trying to change the properties for the /data/data path; I am confused by the options. The "UID" is changing a user ID to codes I don't understand. The "rwx" causes Total Commander to crash. The rest I get there.

The one on the right... Remount as Read Only? Does that mean it isn't? Or what? It may crash my phone too, for all I know - I got it by selecting the folder and ticking the far right box and the "RW" I think...

Any instructions here would help, because I am still Someone Very Confused! xD
    10-13-2013 12:31 AM
    Download "Root Browser" from the PlayStore. It is a whole lot easier to do everything with it. Give it a try. It will do the job.
    When you first open it up say yes to downloading Busybox and etc. (even though you already have Busybox the app needs its own personal Busybox).
    10-13-2013 03:28 PM
    Could you try figuring out Total Commander instead? Because, well, I've run into a bit of a problem, you see...

No offense. I totally would try this one out, but it's not gonna install for me. I gotta figure this out with what I have, and all of the terminology is in binary to me. Any advice would be appreciated
    10-14-2013 12:38 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can find the root browser apk on Google

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk now Free
    10-14-2013 01:47 AM
    Do you have any problems installing apps that are downloaded outside of Google Play? For example, googling the app name and version number and finding some blogspot that has a zippyshare link?

---------------------
    Aspiring Android developer
    10-14-2013 02:54 AM

No offense. I totally would try this one out, but it's not gonna install for me. I gotta figure this out with what I have, and all of the terminology is in binary to me. Any advice would be appreciated
    Doh! Sorry about that. Wasn't thinking.
    Let me upload the Root Browser.apk to my Mediafire account so you can install with ADB.
    10-14-2013 11:21 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can find the root browser apk on Google
    Do you have any problems installing apps that are downloaded outside of Google Play? For example, googling the app name and version number and finding some blogspot that has a zippyshare link?
    Believe me, I've tried. It doesn't work. I've tried to access APKs on my SD card via Total Commander (a root file explorer) and it won't let me install them. It just won't - it says "Application not installed" after. I don't know what the issue is. At all. I've tried via play.google.com as well as the app, and nothing's worked except ADB.

Doh! Sorry about that. Wasn't thinking.
    Let me upload the Root Browser.apk to my Mediafire account so you can install with ADB.
    Don't worry about it! It happens to me too xD

And thank you
    10-14-2013 02:12 PM
    10-14-2013 07:56 PM
    I bet you'll be very excited and relieved when this nightmare ends. In fact, keep in touch with me and I'll teach you all about Link2SD and it's excellent bliss it bestows upon the OV and all the apps you'll be able to get.

---------------------
    Android enthusiast
    10-14-2013 09:41 PM
    Code:
    C:\SDK\platform-tools>adb install com.jrummy.root.browserfree_2.2.3.apk
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    355 KB/s (2540690 bytes in 6.973s)
            pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.jrummy.root.browserfree_2.2.3.apk
    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]

C:\SDK\platform-tools>
    It didn't work. I restarted my computer and everything, and it still didn't work. Was the Antutu thing a fluke? Weird... why would that work but this wouldn't? It's absolutely baffling... I wanna know if I'm doing something wrong, too... urgh.
    10-14-2013 09:50 PM
    Google "dexopt failed".

---------------------
    Android enthusiast
    10-14-2013 10:02 PM
    Do you have Superuser? Are you granting your current file browser superuser permission? Have you tried the "fix permissions" option in your custom recovery?

---------------------
    Android enthusiast
    10-14-2013 10:12 PM
    Google "dexopt failed".
    I get a bunch of technical mumbo-jumbo that I barely even comprehend. Which... really doesn't help, unfortunately :/

Do you have Superuser? Are you granting your current file browser superuser permission? Have you tried the "fix permissions" option in your custom recovery?
    Yes, yes, and, uh, no.

Trying that now. Took a bit to find it, but I did.

My recovery is Cannibal Open Touch 2.1, just so you know.

...this is taking forever. Oh, good, it's done. Let's see...

Well my phone is definitely acting weird after that. Might be completely borked. I can't open apps, my settings are reset, I am getting random "application has closed unexpectedly" popups. and nothing's even trying to update anymore, making my phone completely impossible to use.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new phone or reflash now. Thanks.
    10-15-2013 12:40 AM
    Also I'm an ***** and forgot to backup before that, so I am resetting everything I've done to the backup from a month ago... ugh. Go me </wrists>
    10-15-2013 12:44 AM
    The "fix permissions" option in the recovery will bork a phone every time.
    The only way to safely fix permissions is to open up a terminal and type in:
    Code:
    su
    fix_permissions
    Well...
    If you still have the MiRaGe ROM and the 20110828 Gapps on the SD card flash em. If not put them there and flash em.
    Start from scratch.
    Make sure you do not (I repeat) restore system data or apps that are already included in the system.
    You should only be restoring apps that are not already included and app data.
    When you sign into your Google account (I usually just wait and open up the PlayStore, which allows you to sign in from there), it will restore your contacts.

PS: Check out this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post3098301
    10-15-2013 01:05 AM
    How do I avoid backing up the apps already in the system? Titanium?

I will tend to the reflash tomorrow. I just don't want to mess it up. I'll look into that thread when I'm not tired xD

I appreciate all your help - I will keep you posted on developments
    10-15-2013 02:01 AM
    How do I avoid backing up the apps already in the system? Titanium?

I will tend to the reflash tomorrow. I just don't want to mess it up. I'll look into that thread when I'm not tired xD
    If you want a fresh clean sparkly start, I will guide you through every step. I have 4 files for you to flash, and I will make sure your SD card is backed up on the computer.

The trick is to backup your SD card *after* making a nandroid backup.

Trust me, you'll be fine starting over. I used to do it all the time - now the process is second nature to me.

---------------------
    Android enthusiast
    10-15-2013 02:06 AM
    I'm ready.

I want to save my app data, like my save files on the games I waste time with and some settings and whatnot. Should my first step be a Nandroid backup?

I'd also like to keep the files I have - particularly the Mirage ROM and the Cannibal OT recovery. I can try a new Gapps file though!
    10-15-2013 03:31 PM
    I'm ready.

I want to save my app data, like my save files on the games I waste time with and some settings and whatnot. Should my first step be a Nandroid backup?

I'd also like to keep the files I have - particularly the Mirage ROM and the Cannibal OT recovery. I can try a new Gapps file though!
    Okay - first things first - you're going to backup your phone via making a nandroid backup.

Then - you're going to copy and paste ALL of your SD card onto your computer (by then this will include your nandroid because it's stored on the SD card)

Oh and I had COT too but to start fresh onto MiRaGe, AndyOpie150 recommended ZenGarden to make sure you have ext4 as your SD card partition.

---------------------
    Android enthusiast
    10-15-2013 03:49 PM
    *edited* see my next post.

---------------------
    Android enthusiast
    Attached Thumbnails &quot;Package File Is Invalid&quot; - Neverending nightmare-uploadfromtaptalk1381867047479.jpg  
    10-15-2013 03:57 PM
104 12345