Since I rooted my phone to Cyangen 10.0, I can't get it to shut down without starting back up. When I use the shut down option, it reboots. If I remove power cable and battery, it starts up as soon as I put the battery back in.

I'm also unable to get even close to fully charging the phone, but that started happening a week before I rooted it. I've tried 3 different wall adapters and 3 batteries. The batteries are all used (one of them I just got from Amazon and didn't realize it was used -argh). I'm waiting for brand new one to come in, but I strongly suspect the phone itself. I wiped the battery cache stats before and after rooting. The contacts on the phone appear to be fine. Is there something else I can check?
    10-16-2013 05:02 PM
    Did you check the MD5 sum of the downloaded ROM and Gapps before installing?
    What recovery are you using?
    What all did you wipe and format in the recovery before you flashed the ROM and Gapps?
    Which ROM exactly are you using?

There is really no need to wipe the battery stats. I have flashed just about every ROM for this phone (some several different times because of new updates). I have had this V for 2 1/2 years. I am a flash-a-holic.
    It will sometimes take a couple of days for the battery stats of the new ROM to build up enough to provide accurate battery indications, but there is no need to wipe them.
    TPR520 likes this.
    10-16-2013 11:09 PM
    Did you check the MD5 sum of the downloaded ROM and Gapps before installing?
    What recovery are you using?
    What all did you wipe and format in the recovery before you flashed the ROM and Gapps?
    Which ROM exactly are you using?
    Thanks. I'm using the clockwork 4.0.1.5, the Cyanogen 10.0 BobZ rom and 4.1.2 BobZ gapps. I verified the md5 on the phone after transferring over usb, not just the pc after downloading. Is there a newer/better recovery for this phone? Also, FWIW, android asst reports approximately the same stats now as it had for months, so I don't think my apps are to blame. In fact, pre-root I had a lot of big apps like youtube, maps, playstore etc. start randomly, so I'd have to go in pretty often and kill them. That isn't happening on the new rom.
    10-17-2013 10:52 AM
    For the best Jellybean for our phone: I would go to the LG Optimus S forum and download either the JB4.1.2 SlimRom, the Camerafix.build4.slimrom, the Slim_Gapps2, and the Virgin_fix2.SLimRom
    Or
    The BeanWhiz-CM10: Same as SlimRom only it has a Galaxy S4 theme, launcher, and keyboard.
    Version 2.2.1CX is the same as the SlimRom only it has the Camerafix included.
    Version 2.2.2CX has the Camerafix included, doesn't have the sd ext script already added, and it uses the Entropy tool instead of Seeder.
    Use the SlimRom_Gapps2-oldvoicesearch.
    Use the Virgin_fix2 from the SlimRom site.
    Check the MD5 sum and any of the other sums if you can.

In the recovery:
    Wipe:
    wipe data/factory reset
    cache partition
    dalvik cache (found in the advanced section)
    Format:
    (in the mounts and storage section)
    format boot
    format cache
    format data
    format system
    format sd ext (if you have a partition on the sd card).

Use the InteractivX governor and set the CPU speed to 480MHz min - 729MHz max
    10-17-2013 01:05 PM
    OK, I'll start out with the first one you listed and go from there. Thanks for the info.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    10-17-2013 02:00 PM