Optimus V: KitKat ROMs?

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It's been so long since i've even booted up my OV. The last ROM i ran on it was Quattrimus. I was just looking through the threads and didn't see any KitKat support. Is this phone dead or has nobody just felt the need to try and port one of the coolest updates since ICS to this amazing little phone.

P.S. I'm running it on my infuse and it is most definitely a very awesome update.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hehe, I don't even know if my Optimus V is running a ROM at the moment. Its just sitting in my drawer. :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
the V forum has been pretty dead except for Mirage support and a few tech issues.
but, yeah, kitkat (CyanogenMod 11 anyway) runs pretty well on the OV except MMS isn't tweaked in yet and Bluetooth isn't quite functional either.
//edit: here, I posted something so now it's up-to-date.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who have been running them, what are your opinions and insights about the os2sd version of kitkat on the optimus versus the non-os2sd / regular version of kitkat on the optimus?

Do you notice much of a performance difference? Lag issues? How would you compare them?

Thanks!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who have been running them, what are your opinions and insights about the os2sd version of kitkat on the optimus versus the non-os2sd / regular version of kitkat on the optimus?

Do you notice much of a performance difference? Lag issues? How would you compare them?

Thanks!

the only difference I've noticed is flashing/backup/restore times. the os2sd is faster on those. but I have fast sd cards, which probably makes a big difference.
well, except for installing all the gapps I could find that weren't armv7, and 4 pages of apps from play, on the 2sd version. I dumped that install, as it was early, and haven't got a list of what gapps don't FC. but a full package of all the new ones takes something like 200Mb in /system.