08-07-2017 10:49 PM
1,625 1234 ...
tools
    i dont put up many post but i have to say thank u for keeping my phone alive i have had it for many years and am always amazed at how fast it gets up to date as old as it is. i would like to ask for some help with a some kernal work tho i would love to add the hid usb into the kernal so i can use my phone as a usb keyboard i know this is crazy sounding but i have my reasons... here is some open source from the nexus 7 if it would help https://github.com/pelya/android-keyboard-gadget

and by the way soft button enabler works like a charm
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    02-03-2014 08:47 PM
    use skinbark's regular cwm recovery
    in recovery:
    format /system
    factory reset wipe userdata
    install rom zip
    install skinny gapps zip
    reboot system
    Ok got it going but for some reason my System mem is extremely low. about 5 MB!
    Can anything be done about it?
    02-04-2014 10:20 AM
    Ok got it going but for some reason my System mem is extremely low. about 5 MB!
    Can anything be done about it?
    /system memory isn't used for normal functions. it's where Gapps flashes, and mods like CrossBreeder meant to speed things up.
    the main two to watch are /data and /cache. /data will fill as apps are installed, and things like Play use /cache.
    they can be extended with stuff like mount2sd but I don't wanna research how to use the 2sd apps/scripts/etc.
    Melvin Jefferson likes this.
    02-04-2014 11:59 AM
    Great work to everyone involved in the making. One thing, when installing rom+gapps, language may change and not be full english, but if you install rom, reboot and let load, then install gapps, everything is fine. How difficult would it be to make existing roms OS2SD compatible?
    02-04-2014 04:40 PM
    Great work to everyone involved in the making. One thing, when installing rom+gapps, language may change and not be full english, but if you install rom, reboot and let load, then install gapps, everything is fine. How difficult would it be to make existing roms OS2SD compatible?
    easy cheesy, there's already a fakeflash recovery to install upgrade zips (that don't directly mount the mtd partitions) and format the ext partitions. To use it, boot into the skinkbark recovery and install the fakeflash. Then you're using it, but when you exit it won't be on the device anymore except on the card. Only the original skinbark recovery.
    to convert you have to copy /system, /data, and /cache from an installed version over to the ext partitions and patch the boot.img (I uploaded a flashable zip for the boot.img patching already on the sprint forum.)
    could probably be done with a script in recovery (I used adb) but techvendetta on the sprint forum is working on a build patch too.
    Allen Jones1 likes this.
    02-04-2014 04:45 PM
    Downloaded newest version.
    Checked md5 sum, they match.
    In thekravens latest CWMod recovery, I selected:
    wipe data/factory reset-wipe user data
    wipe dalvik cache
    format boot
    format cache
    format data
    format system
    Then I installed the ROM and Gapps zips.
    After reboot when I select start I get a pop up that says the setup wizard has stopped. After I select ok I get a blank screen, but with the pulldown that functions (it has battery and 3G icons but no settings icon).
    No way to get out of blank screen, or into settings.
    02-08-2014 02:11 PM
    Downloaded newest version.
    Checked md5 sum, they match.
    In thekravens latest CWMod recovery, I selected:
    wipe data/factory reset-wipe user data
    wipe dalvik cache
    format boot
    format cache
    format data
    format system
    Then I installed the ROM and Gapps zips.
    After reboot when I select start I get a pop up that says the setup wizard has stopped. After I select ok I get a blank screen, but with the pulldown that functions (it has battery and 3G icons but no settings icon).
    No way to get out of blank screen, or into settings.
    hm. I've been using skinbark's recovery. I had that happen at least once.
    try flashing rom, reboot, flash gapps, reboot, sign in.
    02-08-2014 03:51 PM
    OK. Will try his. Got it on the sd card already. Will post results when done.
    02-08-2014 03:55 PM
    If it works I will update the OP.
    I am working on mms still but have newer builds (except about 2 week old prebuilt webkit libs dropped in to avoid irritating build errors)
    I want mms stable before I upload unless some major changes show up.
    02-08-2014 04:38 PM
    Got the same thing with skinbarks recovery.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-08-2014 06:49 PM
    Got the same thing with skinbarks recovery.

did you try rebooting before gapps?
    that's what fixed it when it happened to me.
    02-08-2014 07:26 PM
    I'll give it a try. Let you know results when done.

02-08-2014 08:03 PM
    That did the trick.
    I'm now having storage problems though. Can't move apps to SD with App Manager lll. When I tried to install the Android Forum app from the PlayStore I got a storage error as well.
    ??????

02-08-2014 09:05 PM
    That did the trick.
    I'm now having storage problems though. Can't move apps to SD with App Manager lll. When I tried to install the Android Forum app from the PlayStore I got a storage error as well.
    ??????

haven't messed with 2sd stuff, maybe try mounts2sd off market, the code looks excellent.
    sounds like maybe reformat cache/dalvik-cache? oh, and play store twitchy until rebooted at least once. wouldn't show downloading status before that although it would download.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    02-08-2014 09:10 PM
    I did reboot, I think twice?
    App Manager lll is the old App2SD, just updated. Works fine on skinbarks latest, no storage problems at all.
    Just thought I should let you know of the glitch so you might be able to fix for next build.
    Edit: Wiped and reinstalled ROM. Rebooted twice. Wiped Cache and Dalvik. Installed Gapps. Wiped Cache and Dalvik. Rebooted twice.
    Still have same problem.
    02-08-2014 10:11 PM
    I can verify that mounts2sd works beautifully with this rom!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    02-08-2014 11:00 PM
    Is there a performance settings in this ROM? Is it hidden like the devopts or am I just missing it?

Also, Great job, and Thanks!
    02-09-2014 06:07 AM
    Go to: settings/about phone/build number. Tap on it 5 or 6 times until it says developer options are enabled.

02-09-2014 07:31 AM
    I can verify that mounts2sd works beautifully with this rom!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    With the spare phone I only have the stock 2GB SD card. So I figured I keep it to help in figuring out how to get the ROM to work with just App2SD from Sam Lu like we used to do before Link2SD and all the other sd ext scripts. This way those with just a 2GB or 4GB SD card could still use the ROM.

badblue1__ likes this.
    02-09-2014 07:41 AM
    With the spare phone I only have the stock 2GB SD card. So I figured I keep it to help in figuring out how to get the ROM to work with just App2SD from Sam Lu like we used to do before Link2SD and all the other sd ext scripts. This way those with just a 2GB or 4GB SD card could still use the ROM.

I doubt mounts2sd cares what size card is used. I will look at the other app for you though. Some things need put in priv-app for permissions to work in kitkat.
    I asked in the mounts2sd dev thread on xda about incorporating the app source... no answer. probably have to pm to get one.
    I won't worry about it until mms is fixed the rest of the way, if even then. mms is like that dumb battery kernel code was, partly working, just enough to get by. except lots of people/devices are having the mms problem with cm11/aosp not registering apns right.

//edit: same results as you with the app. there are a couple differences in skinbark's thunderc.fstab from thekraven's. I am rebuilding to test it.

well, that's interesting. no changes, and uninstalling apps installed before appmgr3 and reinstalling after it still doesn't allow moving them.
    I don't know why exactly. still looking.
    AndyOpie150 and badblue1__ like this.
    02-09-2014 09:56 AM
    mms is odd.
    the RIL log simply /insists/ the operator code is 209099. even in harmonia on a zv4 phone!
    looks like qualcomm issue... https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum...ity-gobi/23130
    I am trying to use those numbers to make system grab proper apn on boot. //edit: no, it doesn't care if they match or not.

bah. nothing I've tried works except open/save the blasted apn. doesn't matter what mcc/mnc combo or anything I've changed in twenty different varations on the apn, it won't send or receive until the apn is modified or at least saved by the apns editor. won't grab anything but -1 as preferred apn either.
    it doesn't even work if I hardcode the working apn into DcTracker where it usually uses a stub. shows up in radio log looking all happy but still won't mms until the editor is used.
    02-09-2014 11:34 AM
    Have you tried editing the framework.jar
    In transition right at the moment. No place to set up computer.
    I had opened up thekravens Jellybean ROMs framework.jar and was thinking about swaping some things from the telephony folder.
    Don't know if it would help though, but it sounded good in my head.
    02-09-2014 06:29 PM
    If you keep getting a status 7 message when installing gapps here's skinny_gapps with a modified updater-scipt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw3...it?usp=sharing
    AndyOpie150 and Matthew Nickl like this.
    02-09-2014 07:29 PM
    Have you tried editing the framework.jar
    In transition right at the moment. No place to set up computer.
    I had opened up thekravens Jellybean ROMs framework.jar and was thinking about swaping some things from the telephony folder.
    Don't know if it would help though, but it sounded good in my head.
    nah, I'm dropping things into the build instead of modding its output. cm11 is missing a lot of the cm10 tweaks...
    of course, you're more than welcome to port things in that way, I've never used smali or baksmali or a kitchen even. Looked in apks but never recompiled em.
    pac 4.3 shares a lot in common with 4.4.2 but has the same mms issues as far as I can tell.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    02-09-2014 09:25 PM
    Hi, just thought I'd test this ROM out as well, I'm one of the people who constantly has a problem with charging after going any further than GB.

I'm very thorough when it comes to testing ROMs, so I figured my testing would help here.

Currently, this is my setup:
    LG Optimus V (old screen)
    Baseband: ZV4
    Wi-Fi ONLY, never had this thing activated.
    Bobzhome's CM7.2 (052012) - 2.3.7 with signed gapps from 2.3.5
    Kernel from MiRaGe CM7.2
    ZenGarden Touch Recovery
    *I'm a very loyal Link2SD fan, for the link function, but I see that could be a problem on this one.

Will reply when downloaded and installed.
    02-10-2014 02:06 PM
1,625 1234 ...