08-07-2017 09:49 PM
1,625 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Had spare turned off for a day. Turned back on (no internet connection) and clock was right on the money. Still had 100% battery.
    FYI: ZV4 with Fly-On Mod tweak, CPU at 480-729

Posted via Android Central App
    interesting. maybe I'll try airplane mode without the sync app. the radio log is full of "nitz " not needing to update the time...
    03-31-2014 08:28 AM
    Had spare turned off for a day. Turned back on (no internet connection) and clock was right on the money. Still had 100% battery.
    FYI: ZV4 with Fly-On Mod tweak, CPU at 480-729

Posted via Android Central App
    Andy, do you mean turned off as in phone off or just screen off in airplane mode/data off? If it had to reboot then time would be correct as a reboot syncs the time. If not then you may be on to something, though toggling airplane mode on off also will at times sync the clocks.
    03-31-2014 09:45 AM
    interesting. maybe I'll try airplane mode without the sync app. the radio log is full of "nitz " not needing to update the time...
    After using the wifi timer app still had lag(alarm failed to go off) but this time when I toggle wifi off time instantly syncs. With the ClockSync app it seems when there is lag(which greatly decreased) the mere act of toggling wifi on or off syncs the clock. I'm stumped, must be multiple confounding variables, network, wifi, battery levels, memory, deep sleep state leading or contributing somehow.
    03-31-2014 09:50 AM
    Phone was physically turned off.
    Also wanted to let bigsupersquid know that the battery stats seem to be right on (he was having problems with this a while back).
    I still have never had this clock lag bug/problem that seems to be bothering others, but a reboot might help y'all out every now and then.
    FYI: I always wipe and format everything (including the sd ext)but the SD card before flashing. When I had the external version, I wiped and formatted everything I could wipe and format (including all the sd ext's), but the SD card.
    I don't know if this is what is making the difference, or if it's my ZV4 baseband V.
    I also always check the md5 sum of the download before I flash.
    03-31-2014 11:03 AM
    nah, mine's zv4 and I reboot multiple times a day.
    and I've had lag on every single test version thru current.
    03-31-2014 01:17 PM
    What if the clock lag is being caused by having so many different clocks, trying to sync at once, so some get stuck while the phone is sleeping and cant access the networks(3G or wifi) to sync, which is why the system clock is correct, and andy is having no clock lag due to no data connection? Maybe if thats the case, then somehow tying all the clocks into one universal clock app would be a work around??

My clock lag would be several hours apart(once was 15+ hours off) from each clock at times, but ever since ive got into the habit of turning data on/off, my clock lag has vanished, so its definitely gotta be linked to the data connection.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    bigsupersquid and Lpen21 like this.
    03-31-2014 01:56 PM
    Phone was physically turned off.
    Also wanted to let bigsupersquid know that the battery stats seem to be right on (he was having problems with this a while back).
    I still have never had this clock lag bug/problem that seems to be bothering others, but a reboot might help y'all out every now and then.
    FYI: I always wipe and format everything (including the sd ext)but the SD card before flashing. When I had the external version, I wiped and formatted everything I could wipe and format (including all the sd ext's), but the SD card.
    I don't know if this is what is making the difference, or if it's my ZV4 baseband V.
    I also always check the md5 sum of the download before I flash.
    Thanks Andy, I also have the zv4 baseband and as bigsupersquid indicated with his I also reboot at least once a day. While this is just an annoyance for me( just set my IPad's alarm if I want reliability) to others who may depend on the phone to get them up it may be a deal breaker. The symptoms also appear ought of nowhere, usually during periods when deep sleep or inactivity occur. The ClockSync app addresses a related problem of android operating systems running about 16 seconds offset the atomic clock in Switzerland. So when it hits a threshold it syncs the clock and seems to wake up the phone into sync, though somewhat improved the lag remains to varying degrees. Could just be you have not had your phone on continuously long enough, or you're just that good, lol.
    03-31-2014 02:00 PM
    What if the clock lag is being caused by having so many different clocks, trying to sync at once, so some get stuck while the phone is sleeping and cant access the networks(3G or wifi) to sync, which is why the system clock is correct, and andy is having no clock lag due to no data connection? Maybe if thats the case, then somehow tying all the clocks into one universal clock app would be a work around??

My clock lag would be several hours apart(once was 15+ hours off) from each clock at times, but ever since ive got into the habit of turning data on/off, my clock lag has vanished, so its definitely gotta be linked to the data connection.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Interesting observation, but since there is only one system clock which remains consistently correct then the problem seems to be the conveying of the information to the other apps trying to sync (from the system clock) and not the data transfer, otherwise the system clock would also be off at least part of the time. My wild uneducated guess would be that this is a problem inherent in this version of Android, but I'm not a programmer so it's my 1 cent worth. Your Idea of the singular clock app is worth trying though, do you have any suggestions on an app?
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    03-31-2014 02:25 PM
    Going to try Nitestalkr 's Idea with an alarm app called timely. It's supposed to sync from the "cloud" and work across all devices. Ideally it will work despite the phone lagging.
    Melvin Jefferson likes this.
    03-31-2014 05:57 PM
    what I've mostly noticed is that the system clock is never off even a whole minute.
    use date in terminal to read system clock without an app.
    Lpen21 likes this.
    03-31-2014 06:14 PM
    what I've mostly noticed is that the system clock is never off even a whole minute.
    use'date in terminal to read system clock without an app.
    10-16 seconds off by my calculations. The other thing I noticed when trying out the timely app is that ClockSync (upon synchronization)!fixed the status bar clock but left the system clock offset. Upon trying the timely alarm and with the status bar clock in a state of lag the alarm did not go off, darn it!!!
    03-31-2014 06:50 PM
    Im currently using Timely also and not having any issues except when its not operating
    bigsupersquid and Lpen21 like this.
    03-31-2014 07:14 PM
    I unplugged my phone and was on 3g today with wifi off from about 7:30AM on. My clock said 7:55AM at 2PM. On an encouraging note though, my battery was still at 75%!

On an even more encouraging note...

My scripts are ready to flash! Here you go: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...t-scripts.html
    03-31-2014 08:24 PM
    I got this onto my opti s, however it's giving me the funny language options. Azerbazanka or something, and then something in Arabic I think. No option for English. I saw this fixed in another thread somewhere, but I can't find that post. How do you get English on?
    04-01-2014 07:59 PM
    I got this onto my opti s, however it's giving me the funny language options. Azerbazanka or something, and then something in Arabic I think. No option for English. I saw this fixed in another thread somewhere, but I can't find that post. How do you get English on?
    I assume you are on the internal version? If so I think there was a problem with getting rid of the azebarjani and Chinese language. If memory serves me right just ignore and hit "next". If you go to "optimus v all things root "guide written by AndyOpie150 There is reference to this under the internal KitKat rom guide.
    04-01-2014 08:23 PM
    weird. skinbark's last did that when he manually stripped languages. my last was built en-US only and shouldn't have other languages even as remnants.
    I'd suggest reflashing...
    but I'll look into it anyway. first report yet of this one.
    04-02-2014 06:04 AM
    you need to install rom, reboot system. then reboot to recovery and flash gapps... for some reason if you flash rom and gapps together this sometimes happens
    04-02-2014 08:50 AM
    you need to install rom, reboot system. then reboot to recovery and flash gapps... for some reason if you flash rom and gapps together this sometimes happens
    I usually get a nasty crash installing gapps without a reboot on internal build. OS2SD, now works if you flash gapps immediately.
    04-02-2014 09:11 AM
    So what settings in clocksync will keep the clock running on time?

Also lately the phone has been overheating alot which causes the device to autoreboot often. And that's while on the charger

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-02-2014 02:21 PM
    the only thing I've seen keep the clock on time consistently, is having the desk clock open set to analog so it shows the second hand, with screen never sleep while plugged in set in developers settings, and plugged in. forces it to update every second, but the statusbar clock still lags and I don't know if the alarm works this way or not.
    //edit
    tested. no alarm. deskclock was screen on and accurate all night but statusbar clock froze and alarm failed.
    04-02-2014 05:27 PM
    So what settings in clocksync will keep the clock running on time?

Also lately the phone has been overheating alot which causes the device to autoreboot often. And that's while on the charger

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    What are your cpu settings set to, anything above 729/480 causes random reboots for me.
    04-02-2014 10:17 PM
    What are your cpu settings set to, anything above 729/480 causes random reboots for me.
    600 MHz - 245 MHz Governer is Interactive
    04-03-2014 07:44 AM
    Could Skinnys Gapps be the culprit to why GSearch & G+ arent working as well as they should?

Im debating on swaping between the gapps. What is the difference between trhe official and Skinny's?
    04-03-2014 11:57 AM
    Go to the third post in this thread. Try the pa_gapps.
    The CyanogenMod Official Gapps are way to big to fit on the V
    04-04-2014 06:52 AM
    Go to the third post in this thread. Try the pa_gapps.
    The CyanogenMod Official Gapps are way to big to fit on the V
    hee, hee. Not on OS2SD!
    I'm using the 'stock' (biggest package) gapps from [GAPPS][4.4.x/4.3.x] OFFICIAL 0-Day PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROMs) [2014-03-29] - xda-developers.
    the zip alone is 289.5 MB
    my system partition usage is 428 MB
    All I did was remove Chrome, Earth, optional folder, and the aosp keyboard/lib.
    A few things FC on boot, and every now and then, but no biggie.
    Now works grand except for voice input. even 'listen to tv' works.
    Movies looks like it's playing on a higher-res device somehow. They gave me a free 7-min cartoon and it looked AWESOME.
    YouTube doesn't use the browser. It streams nice and looks good in HD. Drive, Keep, Hangouts, Maps (much less glitchy with the whole package! but still EGL errors and big glitches sometimes.) GenieWidget(News and Weather,) and QuickOffice all work.
    I still haven't tested everything yet, but aside from being a horrid nasty battery sucker with either 3g or wifi on (it will die overnight if not plugged in) and data miner, it's lots of fun. I've run it I think at least a week now.
    the pieces I delete are like g+, totally armv7 dependent crashing pieces of ****.
    stuff like Now I leave in because enough of it works to ignore the force closes.
    things like Play Games I can't test because I'm still unwilling to set up a g+ profile.
    04-04-2014 07:37 AM
1,625 ... 2021222324 ...