08-07-2017 10:49 PM
1,625 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    SmartAss Governor and 748 max,

Will go and pickup Quick Reboot today (lag sometimes)
    05-03-2014 06:41 PM

I personally use interactive 729 max/480 or next lev down for min, SIO scheduler. If you are getting reboots and freezes then your max is probably too high. This ROM is not like MirAge, you can crank that one to 806 max/122 min with any issue, but this ROM does not like the higher settings. Here is a cool tutorial on Govs.
    [GUIDE] Android Governors Explained [Update 1/13/2013] - xda-developers
    05-04-2014 09:18 AM

Melvin the app is actually "fast reboot"
    05-04-2014 09:34 AM
    Thought I'd put in another plug for my script. Andy's been using and liking with a few different ROMs now. Definitely the way to go if you aren't using the OS2SD build. Here's the link: Optimus V: Internal KitKat with mount scripts - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    The p500 rom could probably use something like it, I see gripes all the time about their various link2 methods.

I'll have more time soon to update things. Killed off the schooling, gotta catch up on household duties and transmission replacement, etc.
    Got an evo 3d, but there's not much real 3d development at all. I'll be mix-matching stuff across the two devices... there's a cm11 rom for it that has the standard sms emoticons working for example. Still two of the OV's in my house with service, so I'm not dropping support. Really, I plan to concentrate on legacy/'obsolete' device development anyway.
    badblue1__ and Lpen21 like this.
    05-04-2014 10:03 AM
    Hey, Squiddie. Why does the phone always reboot after using gallery?
    05-04-2014 03:04 PM
    Your CPU speed is too high.
    Min at 480MHz and the Max at 729MHz with an Interactive governor is best.
    You can also try Quick Pic instead of the 3D,gallery. It's more stable.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-04-2014 08:30 PM
    Hey, Squiddie. Why does the phone always reboot after using gallery?
    ^+1
    Gallery and Camera are the two apps I use to determine Max overclock, specifically because they tax the cpu. If you set max and gallery reboots you, drop one oc setting until no reboot, then lower one more to get the max stable speed for your specific phone.
    05-05-2014 06:20 AM
    Anyone else having an issue where your phone will not charge while using this rom? I'm using the OS2SD version. Perhaps I'll have better luck with internal?
    05-05-2014 06:41 AM
    Anyone else having an issue where your phone will not charge while using this rom? I'm using the OS2SD version. Perhaps I'll have better luck with internal?
    No issues unless by not charging you mean offline charging. If so the internal version is the same.
    05-05-2014 07:22 AM
    I didn't change CPU from default should I lower it still?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
    05-05-2014 12:27 PM
    Hmm?
    Try Quick Pick.
    Let us know what you wiped and formatted in the recovery before you installed the ROM then rebooted to recovery to install the Capps.

Which version of the ROM and which recovery. I use the internal and it works best when flashed with the philz recovery.

05-05-2014 12:44 PM
    Hmm?
    Try Quick Pick.
    Let us know what you wiped and formatted in the recovery before you installed the ROM then rebooted to recovery to install the Capps.

Which version of the ROM and which recovery. I use the internal and it works best when flashed with the philz recovery.

Got rid of gallery due to instability. Replaced with Quickpic though still occasionally get reboots if I'm trying to send a bunch of pics, but not all the time, don't really use the camera/gallery that much as it taxes the phone quite a bit as superbigsquid pointed out.
    05-05-2014 01:40 PM
    I used Techvendetta's TWRP to flash OS2SD. I am using the 3-15 version of the OS2SD ROM.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
    05-05-2014 02:01 PM
    Anyone else noticed SD card instability after using this ROM a while?

In 3 months, I've gone through 2 micro SD cards.
    They work randomly. Either:
    LG boot comes up, then black screen,
    or
    LG boot comes up, boots normally, then goes to black screen 5-10 minutes after finishing boot.

In recovery, it seems the SD card isn't showing up most of the time, which is awkward with OS2SD.
    Any advice before I have to just switch roms altogether?
    I really like this one, and would gladly make it my main, but I can't afford a new 8gb SD every 2 months...
    05-05-2014 02:07 PM
    Anyone else noticed SD card instability after using this ROM a while?

In 3 months, I've gone through 2 micro SD cards.
    They work randomly. Either:
    LG boot comes up, then black screen,
    or
    LG boot comes up, boots normally, then goes to black screen 5-10 minutes after finishing boot.

In recovery, it seems the SD card isn't showing up most of the time, which is awkward with OS2SD.
    Any advice before I have to just switch roms altogether?
    I really like this one, and would gladly make it my main, but I can't afford a new 8gb SD every 2 months...
    The brand of SD card makes a huge difference. Sandisk class 4 is probably the best bet. Tried other Micro SD and they were terrible, either causing general instability or terrible lag/crashes.
    05-05-2014 02:35 PM
    I've gone through 2 sandiskclass 4 8gb cards...>.>
    The first one seemed to just wipe itself and become unreadable, while this one the os2sd Data stopped mounting properly, and whatever the problem, it seems to be spreading and keeping the whole card from being readable little by little...
    05-05-2014 03:06 PM
    I've gone through 2 sandiskclass 4 8gb cards...>.>
    The first one seemed to just wipe itself and become unreadable, while this one the os2sd Data stopped mounting properly, and whatever the problem, it seems to be spreading and keeping the whole card from being readable little by little...
    Ok, these are the steps recommended by bigsupersquid to install this correctly. Cross reference to see if you may have missed a step that's causing corruption.
    1. Partition or format sd card( TechVendetta recovery has it as an option, real easy)
    2. Reboot Recovery
    3. Flash Rom
    4. Reboot system- wait for rom to load all the way
    5. Reboot recovery
    6. Flash Gapps
    7. Reboot system
    8. Sign into google/sync
    9. Reboot
    There is no need to mount/un mount stuff if you follow this. Try one more time if you missed steps and see how it goes.
    This really is an awesome ROM
    05-05-2014 03:58 PM
    The brand of SD card makes a huge difference. Sandisk class 4 is probably the best bet. Tried other Micro SD and they were terrible, either causing general instability or terrible lag/crashes.
    +1^

05-05-2014 04:22 PM
    Ok, these are the steps recommended by bigsupersquid to install this correctly. Cross reference to see if you may have missed a step that's causing corruption.
    1. Partition or format sd card( TechVendetta recovery has it as an option, real easy)
    2. Reboot Recovery
    3. Flash Rom
    4. Reboot system- wait for rom to load all the way
    5. Reboot recovery
    6. Flash Gapps
    7. Reboot system
    8. Sign into google/sync
    9. Reboot
    There is no need to mount/un mount stuff if you follow this. Try one more time if you missed steps and see how it goes.
    This really is an awesome ROM
    +1^
    You can also use Mini Tool Partition Wizard to set up partitions. This is the best way, and allows for better control over the partition sizes. Requires a little more experience, but I can walk you through it if you want to try it.

Lpen21 likes this.
    05-05-2014 04:27 PM
    Here is an apk from paranoid android which gives a "sneak peak" for notifications. With the phone off when you get a notification the phone screen is activated and you get a preview of the text,kind of like an iphone. Seems to work so far, will have to test for stability.
    https://github.com/lzanita09/Notific...kPort/releases
    Edit: once APK is installed enable both settings. Still in BETA but seems to work. Pretty cool.
    Edit: working well, make sure to choose time out screen under settings the default is 5 sec but it somehow unchecked itself. I set it to 10 sec and it's notifying me of emails and texts, way cool. Did have 1 episode of the dreaded " quick peek has stopped working" when I ran low on RAM but for the most part works great.
    bigsupersquid and AndyOpie150 like this.
    05-05-2014 09:43 PM
    For anyone wondering, the quick peek apk I posted above is only for 4.4, not sure if it will bork something on any other version
    05-06-2014 10:22 AM
    Cool app 😊

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-07-2014 02:51 PM
    Would it be okay to dirty flash this over skinbark's KitKat ROM for the Optimus S? I'd hate to have to go through having to reinstall everything and getting Mounts2SD going all over again (it was a pain in the nuts before).
    05-08-2014 05:22 PM
    Shinkenred, probably not. There are some differences with squid's current version. Best bet is a clean wipe and flash, then restoring apps with Titanium, as that usually works with linked apps. Sometimes Link2SD or Mounts2SD doesn't always do all the links, so you may have to manually relink some restored apps. Usually happens with big apps.

Personally, I'd tell newbies to stay away from Mounts2SD as it doesn't link as cleanly as Link2SD does AFAIK. Besides, Link2SD already does data linking. The only thing it doesn't do is link obb files, but I don't run anything on my V that requires large apps anyway (I've gone minimalist with my KK V setup)... not really made for it either... not running Dead Trigger on it anytime soon LOL!
    05-08-2014 05:39 PM
    Does WiFi tethering work & bluetooth on your version? I didn't see a list of working/not. =/
    05-12-2014 07:35 PM
1,625 ... 2425262728 ...