08-07-2017 09:49 PM
1,625 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Does WiFi tethering work & bluetooth on your version? I didn't see a list of working/not. =/
    the working/not is listed as 'everything/clock lag.'
    Still has clock lag... the statusbar clock sometimes refuses to refresh until data toggled, clock app opened, or system rebooted. The alarm runs off of the statusbar clock. The system clock works fine, and the lockscreen clock, and various app clocks.
    Currently working: I believe everything else. Post issues. With logcat/dmesg preferably.
    in other words, yes and yes.
    GreenImp likes this.
    05-12-2014 07:50 PM
    Somewhat off topic but the lg Volt is on sale now Virgin Mobile for $179 4G LTE "spark" 1 gig Ram , Kit Kat , 4.7" inch screen and a bunch of other goodies. Did I get it NOPE, going to wait till my optimus V dies( which at this rate may be never) or 3G is completely obsolete, but I was really tempted there for about 5 minutes...
    05-13-2014 08:37 AM
    I hear you. Got a spare V in 2011 for when this one dies so I could make it until Virgin Mobile Gets 4G LTE in my area. Neither one hase happened yet.
    Lpen21 likes this.
    05-13-2014 11:57 AM
    I hear you. Got a spare V in 2011 for when this one dies so I could make it until Virgin Mobile Gets 4G LTE in my area. Neither one hase happened yet.
    We have LTE in my area, but most of the time I have access to wifi, so kind of redundant I'm my scenario. Still, the LG volt is the only phone in Virgin Mobile's roster that is LTE Spark capable and from what I have read the download speeds are beastly. Also I am surprised at the price point, initial offered up at $179. If they drop it to the 120-130 range I may take the plunge, who knows we may be seeing the next Optimus V in the making here.
    05-13-2014 12:54 PM
    I been on the evo 3d and droid razr m lately but my experimenting with them keeps getting me into trouble lol. I'm back on my Optimus V again due to messing up my RAZR M. I couldn't ask for a better backup phone. After all I've done to it I find it almost unbrickable. I'm running an Optimus V on page plus running LS670ZVJ firmware lol and wouldn't you know it the Optimus is right up to date as far as Android version goes. It's amazing how far this thing can be pushed by innovative and determined developers

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Lpen21 likes this.
    05-13-2014 11:36 PM
    I been on the evo 3d and droid razr m lately but my experimenting with them keeps getting me into trouble lol. I'm back on my Optimus V again due to messing up my RAZR M. I couldn't ask for a better backup phone. After all I've done to it I find it almost unbrickable. I'm running an Optimus V on page plus running LS670ZVJ firmware lol and wouldn't you know it the Optimus is right up to date as far as Android version goes. It's amazing how far this thing can be pushed by innovative and determined developers

600mhz chip, 400mb RAM, 140 mb internal storage, doesn't sound like much on paper but yeah it is amazing that this little phone is right up there with the big boys in terms of software and innovation. It is unbrikable and unbreakable. I cannot think of another device that has gone from Froyo through KitKat not loosing much stability or functionality along the way.
    05-14-2014 12:13 AM
    I'm running an Optimus V on page plus.

How is that working for you? What are the costs? Coverage area?
    05-14-2014 07:59 AM
    Shinkenred, probably not. There are some differences with squid's current version. Best bet is a clean wipe and flash, then restoring apps with Titanium, as that usually works with linked apps.
    I see. The only thing is that getting Link2SD or Mounts2SD set up and running everything properly has been a bit of a nuisance on my Optimus S. Even TB has been quite catty lately - it won't complete batch backups (it goes to a certain point, gets screwy to where I either kill the app myself or the device crashes and reboots itself, then it repeats...but it handles individual backup jobs fine).

So I would have to wipe and start again after all. *groan* That's...just...Prime.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-14-2014 12:47 PM
    I use Root Uninstaller for all apps that I don't need data backed up. I only backup those apps with Titanium that I need to save the app data.
    After a fresh install I just go to Root Uninstaller folder on the SD card and install the apps I want, then use Titanium for the apps that I needed to save the app data.
    Less hastle that way, and a lot less apps to install from Titanium (which doesn't like to restore some apps).
    clwilliams6 and Shinkenred like this.
    05-14-2014 04:48 PM
    How is that working for you? What are the costs? Coverage area?
    Coverage is awesome! Just like Verizon and cost not bad either 29.99 a month. The biggest problem is it only has 500mb of data for the that price. Works for me since I'm on wifi 90% of the time
    05-14-2014 11:08 PM
    i might have just found a bug. If i let the battery die completely i seem to get stuck in an eternal bootloop when i put my other fully charged battery in

05-15-2014 11:12 AM
    Have you tried entering recovery mode right after battery pull and reinsertion?
    05-15-2014 12:12 PM
    Yep I still have recovery and have no trouble restoring my latest backup. But I'm starting to think it might be the theme causing it.

05-15-2014 06:06 PM
    Yep I still have recovery and have no trouble restoring my latest backup. But I'm starting to think it might be the theme causing it.

I've drained my battery multiple times on different ov's and never had that issue. Shuts down but powers right back up when cord is plugged in.
    05-17-2014 06:23 AM
    Yeah it was the theme chooser theme i was using. too bad though i really liked the looks of it

05-17-2014 10:03 AM
    Yeah it was the theme chooser theme i was using. too bad though i really liked the looks of it

Do you mind sharing what theme it was? I could use a change of scenery.
    05-17-2014 10:41 AM
    Do you mind sharing what theme it was? I could use a change of scenery.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oyalbluecobalt

It applys correct and works great till reboot

badblue1__ likes this.
    05-17-2014 10:44 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oyalbluecobalt

It applys correct and works great till reboot

Thanks, i'll check it out, i gotta backup just in case.

EDIT : Man, it looks pretty cool, but i can't use it I'm still runnin CyanMobile X, oh well thanks anyway.
    05-17-2014 10:55 AM
    be sure to post back. if it dosent give you trouble i ill have to figure out what else it could be

05-17-2014 11:30 AM
    be sure to post back. if it dosent give you trouble i ill have to figure out what else it could be

Duh, my bad, i'm runnin cm7, theme looks really cool too!

Sorry Squid, didn't mean to get off topic here.
    05-17-2014 11:48 AM
    Uh-oh. This is strange: I was gonna back up the current setup on my Optimus S...except the recovery won't finish the process! Something about an "error" with "android.secure". This doesn't mean I can't even make a nandroid backup, does it? (I ruled out lack of space on my SD card, as the recovery itself would've said there wasn't enough space and it "might not finish")

05-17-2014 08:32 PM
    Thanks Squid for the nice KitKat ROM. Gotta say the browser works FAST with your ROM. It's nice to surf the web again with my Optimus V! Kudos to the 95%+ of the ROM you've got working great! Also thanks for your quick response when I asked about the WiFi/Bluetooth working.

I understand it's RC1 & experimental. I really hope you squash the few bugs remain. =) If you're looking for feedback this is what I have found: I can't find a CPU sweet spot to get the gallery/camera/hotspot. Hopefully a stable fix pops up for that at some point, and texting is pretty sluggish. One minor bug I found was the background not centering after boot (if you change it) until you scroll the screen. I betatest a bit & have this OCD thing going when it comes to software. ;P
    05-17-2014 08:47 PM
    Thank you developer bigsupersquid for your contributions and community spirit.

The ROM is shiny, new, and apparently robust, but the issue I'm here for is related to sdcard file management.

I'm running this ROM internally since my sdcard is only 2GB. My problem is that I don't have good access to the sdcard. I've tried TWRP and I couldn't access the sdcard's FAT partition, but I could connect via adb to push files. I then tried thekraven's philz CWM recovery which does not automatically allow adb connection, nor does the usb mount for Windows access--it appears that the recovery is mounting /storage/sdcard0 instead of /sdcard (as I'm used to seeing).

When accessing mass storage through the ROM, I get about 50KBps upload to phone, and about 2MB download from phone.

What method is available to me so I can at least get recovery to mount the sdcard so I can manage files without having to use command lines?
    05-18-2014 09:17 AM
    Thank you developer bigsupersquid for your contributions and community spirit.

The ROM is shiny, new, and apparently robust, but the issue I'm here for is related to sdcard file management.

I'm running this ROM internally since my sdcard is only 2GB. My problem is that I don't have good access to the sdcard. I've tried TWRP and I couldn't access the sdcard's FAT partition, but I could connect via adb to push files. I then tried thekraven's philz CWM recovery which does not automatically allow adb connection, nor does the usb mount for Windows access--it appears that the recovery is mounting /storage/sdcard0 instead of /sdcard (as I'm used to seeing).

When accessing mass storage through the ROM, I get about 50KBps upload to phone, and about 2MB download from phone.

What method is available to me so I can at least get recovery to mount the sdcard so I can manage files without having to use command lines?
    I thought philz did adb and mass storage. Try skinbark's cwm recovery, it should do mass storage for you.
    And, /sdcard may or may not be symlinked to /storage/sdcard0.
    gener21839 likes this.
    05-18-2014 01:23 PM
    Hmm. For some odd reason, I kept getting the error "process com.android. phone had stopped". A LOT. And things won't move to ext again. Not sure what caused it, but gonna try to wipe and install again - this time with Toucan4267's script (because predictably, the "2SD" apps got catty and wouldn't properly move things to the ext partition.)

Edit: Scratch that...now the Setup Wizard crashes, so I can't do ANYTHING...no point trying to flash the script when the ROM is being catty...

05-18-2014 02:09 PM
1,625 ... 2526272829 ...