[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

I've been wondering if OS2SD is portable to other phones/ROMS. I was surprised to see that VM's higher end phones like S3, HTC Desire, ZTE Supreme don't even have KitKat and a lot of those phones suffer in relative terms with poor storage, OS2SD would solve that for a phone like an F3 or Supreme. We have some awesome Devs working on our phones, kind of funny actually that the little optimus V has kikat and a Samsung galaxy S3 does not, officially or in any ROM.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

OS2SD has been a bit unstable for me. Freezes and reboots 10 minutes into the phone.

Any tips on curing this ailment?

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

OS2SD has been a bit unstable for me. Freezes and reboots 10 minutes into the phone.

Any tips on curing this ailment?

That's odd, very stable for me. What governor are you using and what are your settings? Anything above 729 for max will invite re-boots. Also need to keep an eye on RAM especially,if it dips much below 80 the phone will LAG bad, so I keep an app like quick reeboot to free it up every so often along with cache cleaner apps to free up memory. With normal use( not surfing internet) the phone works great, and besides the clock lag it's my daily driver and blue tooth, mms, texting, multitasking all work great.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Bean_Whiz ROM (Jellybean). Link2SD and your script. I have 82 downloaded apps (some over 20MBs) and still have 141.86MBs of 178.87MB internal storage space left.
I liiiike it!
I guess I need to see if it works with MiRaGe (Gingerbread) next.

Posted via Android Central App
Thought I'd put in another plug for my script. Andy's been using and liking with a few different ROMs now. Definitely the way to go if you aren't using the OS2SD build. Here's the link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=375959

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

SmartAss Governor and 748 max,

Will go and pickup Quick Reboot today (lag sometimes)

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

SmartAss Governor and 748 max,

Will go and pickup Quick Reboot today (lag sometimes)
I personally use interactive 729 max/480 or next lev down for min, SIO scheduler. If you are getting reboots and freezes then your max is probably too high. This ROM is not like MirAge, you can crank that one to 806 max/122 min with any issue, but this ROM does not like the higher settings. Here is a cool tutorial on Govs.
[GUIDE] Android Governors Explained [Update 1/13/2013] - xda-developers

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thought I'd put in another plug for my script. Andy's been using and liking with a few different ROMs now. Definitely the way to go if you aren't using the OS2SD build. Here's the link: Optimus V: Internal KitKat with mount scripts - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
The p500 rom could probably use something like it, I see gripes all the time about their various link2 methods.

I'll have more time soon to update things. Killed off the schooling, gotta catch up on household duties and transmission replacement, etc.
Got an evo 3d, but there's not much real 3d development at all. I'll be mix-matching stuff across the two devices... there's a cm11 rom for it that has the standard sms emoticons working for example. Still two of the OV's in my house with service, so I'm not dropping support. Really, I plan to concentrate on legacy/'obsolete' device development anyway.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Your CPU speed is too high.
Min at 480MHz and the Max at 729MHz with an Interactive governor is best.
You can also try Quick Pic instead of the 3D,gallery. It's more stable.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Hey, Squiddie. Why does the phone always reboot after using gallery?

^+1
Gallery and Camera are the two apps I use to determine Max overclock, specifically because they tax the cpu. If you set max and gallery reboots you, drop one oc setting until no reboot, then lower one more to get the max stable speed for your specific phone.

Cak3

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else having an issue where your phone will not charge while using this rom? I'm using the OS2SD version. Perhaps I'll have better luck with internal?

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else having an issue where your phone will not charge while using this rom? I'm using the OS2SD version. Perhaps I'll have better luck with internal?
No issues unless by not charging you mean offline charging. If so the internal version is the same.

Casey Campanile

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

I didn't change CPU from default should I lower it still?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm?
Try Quick Pick.
Let us know what you wiped and formatted in the recovery before you installed the ROM then rebooted to recovery to install the Capps.

Which version of the ROM and which recovery. I use the internal and it works best when flashed with the philz recovery.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Hmm?
Try Quick Pick.
Let us know what you wiped and formatted in the recovery before you installed the ROM then rebooted to recovery to install the Capps.

Which version of the ROM and which recovery. I use the internal and it works best when flashed with the philz recovery.

Got rid of gallery due to instability. Replaced with Quickpic though still occasionally get reboots if I'm trying to send a bunch of pics, but not all the time, don't really use the camera/gallery that much as it taxes the phone quite a bit as superbigsquid pointed out.

Casey Campanile

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

I used Techvendetta's TWRP to flash OS2SD. I am using the 3-15 version of the OS2SD ROM.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

Redchigh

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Anyone else noticed SD card instability after using this ROM a while?

In 3 months, I've gone through 2 micro SD cards.
They work randomly. Either:
LG boot comes up, then black screen,
or
LG boot comes up, boots normally, then goes to black screen 5-10 minutes after finishing boot.

In recovery, it seems the SD card isn't showing up most of the time, which is awkward with OS2SD.
Any advice before I have to just switch roms altogether?
I really like this one, and would gladly make it my main, but I can't afford a new 8gb SD every 2 months...

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Anyone else noticed SD card instability after using this ROM a while?

In 3 months, I've gone through 2 micro SD cards.
They work randomly. Either:
LG boot comes up, then black screen,
or
LG boot comes up, boots normally, then goes to black screen 5-10 minutes after finishing boot.

In recovery, it seems the SD card isn't showing up most of the time, which is awkward with OS2SD.
Any advice before I have to just switch roms altogether?
I really like this one, and would gladly make it my main, but I can't afford a new 8gb SD every 2 months...
The brand of SD card makes a huge difference. Sandisk class 4 is probably the best bet. Tried other Micro SD and they were terrible, either causing general instability or terrible lag/crashes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer