08-07-2017 09:49 PM
1,625 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    Well, flashed it, clean and dirty. Still have the speakerphone switcheroo. Anyone else having it? It's getting bad because my speakerphone is partially blown due to some music I played (haha Skrillex).
    Nobody else reported it that I recall...
    This is a test for you.
    Try it out and report. I changed one parameter
    SND(CURRENT, 30),
    to match thunderg 3.08. Because, both devices had that number different in the stock kernel, and both were different from what was used in the 3.08, I matched it to the original S/V setting (29) and seemed to have no issues.
    This one doesn't change anything on my device. If it works for you I'll update the kernel base to match.
    Attached Files
    06-13-2014 08:50 AM
    bump.
    os2sd linaro 4.8 -O3 version is uploaded now. linpack 11.3 MFlops (million floating point operations per second) with my media card.
    internal is also uploaded.

the os2sd one has the test kernel for drad's sound issue. Any issues, report.

both have several-day-stale Trebuchet to avoid the fc'ing fc's.
    06-13-2014 01:28 PM
    awesome. JustArchi replied to my question about the non-working gcc 4.8 kernel with two patches. building now to test.

and, Trebuchet isn't fc'ing fc'ing anymore!

//edit: still nothing approaching boot. bah.
    06-13-2014 06:42 PM
    well, looks like kernel is stuck at linaro 4.7, oh well, still beats google 4.4

figured out what's up with trebuchet, the device folders got all f*d up again. cloning my repo at the moment be unstable until I revert/fix/whatever.
    Melvin Jefferson likes this.
    06-15-2014 03:15 PM
    testing device folder rebase off androidarmv6/android_device_lge_p500 (again.)
    They've changed up the dependency folder android_device_lge_msm7x27-common so much it won't work with JBC anymore without big revamps anyway. It's be nice to pull that dependency directly instead of changing it, and override what little bits are neccesary in the thunderc folder instead.

oh, and I posted this in the kernel thread, and what the issue was... fixed the blasted compass.
    //edit:
    Woot!
    That fixed camcorder.
    No visible issues. Will upload for testing soon.

That fixed every major bug I have run into except leftover battery issues.
    //edit: testing shows that for some reason camcorder video preview tears when called from 'attach video' in messaging, but it still records ok regardless. And the preview is fine in the camera app. Haven't found any other problems.

//edit edit:
    !@#?!$%??
    revision control (git) is great... as long as you remember to commit and push changes before repo sync.
    Redo...
    badblue1__ likes this.
    06-16-2014 06:22 AM
    Keep me posted when the OV gets a little more stable than its 1st release (4.4.3) I'm solid now
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    06-18-2014 09:57 AM
    I've actually fixed camcorder and compass.
    Still testing.
    06-18-2014 01:37 PM
    Wish I could help. No internet other than 3G, and they throttled me down to 15KB/s. Once I start new month I'll be back up to 80+ and might be able to help some. Maybe with the kernel (my old SONY VAIO desktop came back to me and it has 1GB of RAM and plenty of room for kernel develipment).
    Let me know and I'll set up build environment in a Linux distro when my speed goes back up.
    06-18-2014 01:56 PM
    4.4.3, eh? Seems cool, bigsupersquid...but I think I'll wait for awhile before I try to use it. I wonder...since I still have your CM11, would that "workaround" you mentioned to avoid the "Setup Wizard has stopped" error work for that, too? That would be rather huge if that were the case...
    06-18-2014 04:39 PM
    Is the same gimmick.
    First flash no gapps fully boot, flash appropriate skinny gapps reboot.
    06-18-2014 05:37 PM
    Any new complaints, bugs, ticks, or praises with that update Squid?
    06-19-2014 10:45 AM
    Any new complaints, bugs, ticks, or praises with that update Squid?
    well, it's uploading.
    same process of:
    clean flash: one boot first then reboot and gapps, or
    dirty flash: wipe system, flash rom, gapps (wipe dalvik if inclined)

everything seems to work except for the tearing on video preview when called as attachment from mms, (but camcorder is ok.)
    zram not working, ??? swap partition enabled though. not by default but in performance settings.
    Fixed skinny gapps to not need any mount/unmount finagling. Just flash. Also...
    I made pa_gapps flashing facilitator for twrp/os2sd.
    Go get current micro pa_gapps, don't touch the zip.
    after first boot and reboot into twrp, then flash pa_facilitator.zip, then pa_gapps_modular_micro*.zip
    ................(or right after flashing rom update you can go straight to the pa_gapps zip if dirty flash),
    then after flashing pa_gapps you flash the facilitator again (the first time it mounts external /system so pa installer sees it, the last time it gets rid of armv7 keyboard libs and installs compatible play services framework.)
    if you want to use any bigger pa_gapps packages (and you can even install the 200+Mb Stock package on os2sd!) you'll have to follow the instructions for the pa_gapps remover zip TKruzze posted up to remove Google+ (or you'll have fc'ing nightmares) and don't let it install Chrome either (there's another text file needed on the card like the remover, TKruzze left instructions.)
    Remember, if you install Google Now (Search) go as quickly as possible into app drawer>Google settings>Search and Now>Voice>Hotword Detection and turn it off, then back up one submenu to Voice again and turn off all the checkboxes.
    You can install voice search and talkback from market (enable talkback in accessibility settings) for those functions without fc. (and voice search wrapper from xda if you want voice control over Search.)

or you can use internal and the Skinny_4.4_Gapps_internal.zip, or go the easy way on os2sd and use the Skinny_4.4_Gapps_os2sd.zip which don't need a facilitator.

No optimizations or fancy toolchain this release cause it was being uppity, but it's still a 10.71MFlops linpack on os2sd. Respectable.

op's cleaned up some for gapps
    06-19-2014 11:05 AM
    I gotta say this is decent. Great job on this one!
    06-19-2014 01:09 PM
    /system memory isn't used for normal functions. it's where Gapps flashes, and mods like CrossBreeder meant to speed things up.
    the main two to watch are /data and /cache. /data will fill as apps are installed, and things like Play use /cache.
    they can be extended with stuff like mount2sd but I don't wanna research how to use the 2sd apps/scripts/etc.
    Squid's right. About the only reason you'd want more system space is for installing more system apps. If that's the case, I just added a new version of my script here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ited-apps.html. I need beta testers!
    Sorry I've been outta things for so long y'all. Busy month.
    Will be working on something to aid specifically in 4.4.3 installation, considering the great work squid's been doing! I'd really like to see if I can work up something that could be incorporated right into a specific internal version of the ROM that would immediately move /system/apps to external and save a lot of trimming work as I'm sure it'll just get more difficult and tedious with each new android update.
    06-20-2014 01:02 AM
    Squid's right. About the only reason you'd want more system space is for installing more system apps. If that's the case, I just added a new version of my script here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ited-apps.html. I need beta testers!
    Sorry I've been outta things for so long y'all. Busy month.
    Will be working on something to aid specifically in 4.4.3 installation, considering the great work squid's been doing! I'd really like to see if I can work up something that could be incorporated right into a specific internal version of the ROM that would immediately move /system/apps to external and save a lot of trimming work as I'm sure it'll just get more difficult and tedious with each new android update.
    I've got trimming fairly decent except for cm file manager, around 145Mb now... It can really be chopped, I had running 4.4.2 installs at just under 100Mb initially, but they didn't do very much out of the box
    The stuff to link is is the /extras, though if you're going to actually use that I should fix revtools to remove broken/useless stuff instead of moving it to /extras. And the os2sd contains more than the internal zip. Let me know if you figure a way to incorporate it. etc/init.d would be the easiest way and I can make it flash differently without too much trouble.
    06-20-2014 08:22 AM
    lookit those rev numbers fly!
    androidarmv6 is up to 4.4.4, so I'm building it
    if it runs, you can have it too.
    //edit: looks like just security fixes mostly.

and, I just saw this by androidmeda...
    https://github.com/omniarmv6

Omnirom. eek! it probably is nearly a drop-in for the device folders to build, too, if anyone is trying that.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    06-20-2014 01:23 PM
    How come cache should only be 1 mb for4.4.3?
    06-21-2014 07:17 AM
    How come cache should only be 1 mb for4.4.3?
    since several releases back, it's using internal cache instead of an ext partition. Possible speed increase from unloading that off sd, and frees up space on the card. I'd say remove it entirely but hadn't tested to see if TWRP will remove it if formatted at 0Mb.
    oh, and I almost forgot, since CM seems to want an /sd-ext partition, I linked it to that 4th partition in the fstab (the one that used to be /ext-cache that you're asking about.)
    06-21-2014 09:40 AM
    Why can't I get the same MD5 on my download? Tried 5-10 times since you posted. I keep getting the same md5, but different from the one posted. The ROM seems to work fine, then, but the skinny Gapps Play store keeps FCing. I've gone through the whole process (wipe everything, flash ROM, reboot, flash skinny Gapps, reboot) persistent FCs on Playstore as soon as I sign in with my account. Anybody else? What gives?
    06-21-2014 01:12 PM
    Same here, MD5 never checks out. Same with Gapps but on the June 13 version. "Unfortunately, Play store stopped" and grayed Play Store with circling or FC. Glad I'm not he only one. Also, clicking on Storage says "Unfortunately, Setting has stopped." Otherwise, ROM looks good.

June 19 version says something about another disc and I couldn't use neither internal nor os2sd.

I'm too thick to deal with ADB but my OV's spare and the very 1st version worked beautifully.

Quot capita, tot sententiae
    fortyquid and bigsupersquid like this.
    06-21-2014 03:32 PM
    looking into it now.
    .//edit:
    Uploaded md5 file with os2sd build but not internal.
    Sorry about the glitch.
    Should have 4.4.4 build up before long, am just adding md5 files to upload now, for archive and ease of cut n paste.
    dingermtb likes this.
    06-21-2014 04:19 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post3723879

needs testers. should flash either internal or os2sd kitkat. zips that don't specify default to os2sd.

About to finish testing 4.4.4 release.
    //edit: 4.4.4 internal uploading. md5 alongside.
    cm-11-20140621-EXPERIMENTAL-bigsuperROM_internal-thunderc.zip
    cm-11-20140622-EXPERIMENTAL-bigsuperROM_os2sd-thunderc.zip
    dingermtb likes this.
    06-21-2014 07:40 PM
    Thanks much for your efforts!

Some time ago I tried 4.4.2 with an LS670 and was unable to charge. I didn't quite find the time until now to reflash for the dmesg. Using the current version, still unable to charge or communicate via USB. Used terminal in TWRP to get the dmesg: LS670 dmesg

Pasted what I thought was the relevant part below.

Code:
    <6>[    2.194384] battery rpc: ept : 0xda156c00, prog : 0x30000089, vers : 0x10001
    <6>[    2.194414] charger rpc: ept : 0xda156a00, prog : 0x3000001a, vers : 0x10001
    <6>[    2.194893] msm_batt_get_charger_api_version(): num_of_chg_api_versions = 4  The chg api version = 0x00010004
    <3>[    2.196399] msm_rpc_client_req2: RPC call was not successful (4)
    <6>[    2.196941]  batt_clnt_handle = 2
    If there is anything else I can do to help troubleshoot, please let me know!
    06-21-2014 09:39 PM
    It seems that ZIP files for both 0619 and 0621 builds are broken or not uploaded completely - Google Drive cannot open these archives and after downloading them I cannot open them locally and I've tried downloading multiple times. Also local MD5 does not match MD5 value from Google Drive. Would it be possible to reupload these files?
    06-22-2014 01:10 AM
    I'll download and verify md5 in morning, re upload if neeed.

For battery, I need full dmesg from terminal in rom, pastebin.com
    plug in and unplug cable a few times waiting several seconds between before dmesg.
    06-22-2014 03:47 AM
1,625 ... 3132333435 ...