08-07-2017 09:49 PM
1,625 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    Latest internal build is nor charging. Recerted back to previous working build and charging works. Tried to redownload and reinstall and same thing. It doesn"t even recognize the xharger. Otherwise? I love this build.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    06-24-2014 12:34 PM
    2nd report of charging problems.

Try flashing the kernel zip from its thread.
    dingermtb likes this.
    06-24-2014 12:48 PM
    bah, quick releases+me pondering and piddling around = you not getting to dirty flash until the instabilities on partitions settle down.

partition 2 should remain ext4 for internal, of course, to not mess up 2sd methods, whether Toucan's or other.
    partition 3 for internal will be swap, because it does seem to help the old workhorse.

There will be a special new TWRP soon for you diehards with internal installs. Allow partitioning p2 ext4 and p3 as swap, which is default for TWRP now anyway. (well, they select between ext3 and ext4 for p2)

OS2SD will remain p2 swap/ext, p3 system, p4 data.
    06-24-2014 01:11 PM
    Has the charging issues been fixed yet?
    06-24-2014 01:39 PM
    bah, quick releases+me pondering and piddling around = you not getting to dirty flash until the instabilities on partitions settle down.

partition 2 should remain ext4 for internal, of course, to not mess up 2sd methods, whether Toucan's or other.
    partition 3 for internal will be swap, because it does seem to help the old workhorse.

There will be a special new TWRP soon for you diehards with internal installs. Allow partitioning p2 ext4 and p3 as swap, which is default for TWRP now anyway. (well, they select between ext3 and ext4 for p2)

OS2SD will remain p2 swap/ext, p3 system, p4 data.
    Why are the partitions having instabilities?
    06-24-2014 01:42 PM
    2nd report of charging problems.

Try flashing the kernel zip from its thread.
    Tried flashing the hernel, but no luck.

06-24-2014 02:05 PM
    Why are the partitions having instabilities?
    I moved cache a while ago which gave me an excuse,and I don't like data on partition2.
    And swap.
    Melvin Jefferson likes this.
    06-24-2014 02:11 PM
    Charging will be addressed in next build.
    Source changing constantly on my end last couple days.
    06-24-2014 02:22 PM
    Has the charging issues been fixed yet?
    Tried flashing the hernel, but no luck.

It looks like go into settings>development options, and uncheck/check Android Debugging.

Thanks Pur for testing
    pur and dingermtb like this.
    06-25-2014 04:54 AM
    It looks like go into settings>development options, and uncheck/check Android Debugging.

Thanks Pur for testing
    is that a definite fix?
    06-25-2014 06:53 AM
    is that a definite fix?
    dunno until more people try it.
    06-25-2014 09:07 AM
    Trying it out in a little bit :-)

06-25-2014 09:24 AM

Thanks Pur for testing
    Works! After unxhecking and plugging in charger, you can vhevk debug on and off at will and it will still charge.

06-25-2014 10:19 AM
    Works! After unxhecking and plugging in charger, you can vhevk debug on and off at will and it will still charge.

yep.
    removed .prop to avoid that. Wanted adb active on first boot, but even with the .prop set it still wouldn't adb until checked and unchecked either.
    Thanks for testing.

Internal (stock) TWRP uploaded.
    dingermtb likes this.
    06-25-2014 10:25 AM
    Thank you, Mr. Squid, for solving the charging problem so quickly. I'm loving it!
    ...Kitkat 4.4.4 OS2SD on 8GB class 4, simply amazing.
    06-25-2014 11:33 AM
    Thank you, Mr. Squid, for solving the charging problem so quickly. I'm loving it!
    ...Kitkat 4.4.4 OS2SD on 8GB class 4, simply amazing.
    wait till you see the next one, got all the -O3 and JustArchi's build flags kicking with Linaro 4.7 gcc.
    Sizzles a bit. Poor old hardware. The browser actually competes with my HTC Evo V over wifi or 3g. (It's not OC'd at a measly 1.2GHz 2xcore, and is just ics what bites. Cm11 browser blazing fast on it.) Too bad about the armv6 incompatibilities with some of the apps.

I got a kind mod to open me up some more OP's in this thread to add the appropriate versions of certain GApps that can't be updated anymore and such, too.

New GApps uploaded! Whee!
    06-25-2014 12:54 PM
    the -O3 makes things bigger.
    To fit skinny gapps, even on my V with its 167Mb system, I had to move tons of system apps over to data. Browser, caclulator, gallery...
    Ugh.
    May have to build internal -Os and only os2sd -O3. Still messing around.
    Shinkenred and dingermtb like this.
    06-26-2014 02:01 AM
    Bah. Succumbed to the Hentai Intent and flashed this new stuff on my Optimus S. So far, 4.4.4 seems pretty awesome!! That CM Account interface is pretty sweet, too. Not digging that having to uncheck-and-recheck ADB Debugging just so the thing will charge (or so a computer will recognize there's something connected to it), but I suppose that's merely a small price to pay for having something that even the Galaxy S4 doesn't have yet.

Now, for the downsides:
    1. Big one: The new Skinny GApps WILL NOT install. It fails every single time I've attempted it. Luckily, I still have the old one from skinbark's ROM, and for whatever odd reason, that one installs perfectly fine. (Seems to only give the Play Store here, but that's the most important thing, ain't it?)
    2. I dunno about anyone else, but this is the second time I've done a complete wipe and install - the first time was just the ROM alone, the second being ROM>Sprint Fix>GApps - but I keep getting the "Unfortunately, Themes provider has stopped" message. I haven't even *touched* the Themes Provider yet, what gives?
    06-26-2014 10:20 AM
    Bah. Succumbed to the Hentai Intent and flashed this new stuff on my Optimus S. So far, 4.4.4 seems pretty awesome!! That CM Account interface is pretty sweet, too. Not digging that having to uncheck-and-recheck ADB Debugging just so the thing will charge (or so a computer will recognize there's something connected to it), but I suppose that's merely a small price to pay for having something that even the Galaxy S4 doesn't have yet.

Now, for the downsides:
    1. Big one: The new Skinny GApps WILL NOT install. It fails every single time I've attempted it. Luckily, I still have the old one from skinbark's ROM, and for whatever odd reason, that one installs perfectly fine. (Seems to only give the Play Store here, but that's the most important thing, ain't it?)
    2. I dunno about anyone else, but this is the second time I've done a complete wipe and install - the first time was just the ROM alone, the second being ROM>Sprint Fix>GApps - but I keep getting the "Unfortunately, Themes provider has stopped" message. I haven't even *touched* the Themes Provider yet, what gives?
    Try the newest gapps? it tells you if there isn't space. Other errors, should be in /tmp/recovery.log (or advanced >copy log to sd, then it's in /sdcard/recovery.log)
    And the newest recovery that matches the version, internal (which you're using, right?) or os2sd.

If the gapps are too big, they'll say they installed, but either not completely install or bork up something else.
    check your settings >phone info >partition info to see if /system is full. If so the gapps are probably too big.

And, please, post the system size it gives in that info. I need a minimum target.

And, the Sprint fix worked for you?
    06-26-2014 10:29 AM
    Try the newest gapps? it tells you if there isn't space. Other errors, should be in /tmp/recovery.log (or advanced >copy log to sd, then it's in /sdcard/recovery.log)
    And the newest recovery that matches the version, internal (which you're using, right?) or os2sd.

If the gapps are too big, they'll say they installed, but either not completely install or bork up something else.
    check your settings >phone info >partition info to see if /system is full. If so the gapps are probably too big.

And, please, post the system size it gives in that info. I need a minimum target.

And, the Sprint fix worked for you?
    Yup. Completely full. System shows "158MB / 158MB". And that's with the skinny gapps from skinbark's ROM. The newest gapps, however...I hadn't paid attention to whether it said it actually ran outta space or not, but the recovery does flat out fail to flash it.
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    06-26-2014 11:32 AM
    It most likely won't fit. And I even trimmed some parts out of it.
    Try moving Browser and Gallery2 from /system/app/ to /data/app with file manager in recovery after a fresh install (mount system, data; you may have to copy a folder over to data, rename it app, copy in the files, and delete the leftovers from copying.)
    Then try the new internal skinny gapps and see if it says it won't fit. If not you can move more of /system/app over until you run out.
    Shinkenred likes this.
    06-26-2014 12:35 PM
    It most likely won't fit. And I even trimmed some parts out of it.
    Try moving Browser and Gallery2 from /system/app/ to /data/app with file manager in recovery after a fresh install (mount system, data; you may have to copy a folder over to data, rename it app, copy in the files, and delete the leftovers from copying.)
    Then try the new internal skinny gapps and see if it says it won't fit. If not you can move more of /system/app over until you run out.
    Still says it won't fit. I've already moved quite a bit to data/app, and I'm not sure what else to hit that would be safe to move. Currently says I have 7604Kb, and need 13108Kb. So that's still about six megs to go...

EDIT: Ugh!!! Went for wipe & fresh install AGAIN...it's still not fitting. After the ROM & Sprint fix, it now says I have 4488/13108Kb of free space in system.

UPDATE: Still getting constant FC messages outta Themes Provider. This makes even typing a chore to do with that stupid error message popping up every other second! Also, clock lag HAS returned!!! I checked at 19:56, to check on Titanium Backup, the status bar read 18:56. Going into Date & Time settings to uncheck/recheck "Use Network Provided Time" fixed that...for how long, who knows.
    Question: where's the setting that enables you to take a screenshot from the Power Menu?
    06-26-2014 01:33 PM
    Still says it won't fit. I've already moved quite a bit to data/app, and I'm not sure what else to hit that would be safe to move. Currently says I have 7604Kb, and need 13108Kb. So that's still about six megs to go...

EDIT: Ugh!!! Went for wipe & fresh install AGAIN...it's still not fitting. After the ROM & Sprint fix, it now says I have 4488/13108Kb of free space in system.
    Only 158Mb of system. Ugh. Why they had different partition maps in the two firmwares evades me. The OV has 167.
    I'll see about really minimizing the internal build to fit that little thing with the skinny gapps.
    I like the space checker, that's why I ganked it from the pa_gapps installer. If it goes off it doesn't partially flash the gapps, which is one of the things that causes the odd fc's.
    Shinkenred likes this.
    06-26-2014 07:11 PM
    next release will should fix adb on/off for cable connection.
    It also has adb enabled by default even at first boot so I can make you dump logs to /data if you have issues. ugh, dirty flash.
    06-26-2014 07:50 PM
    You know if it were simpler to do I'd say you could use the Optimus V zvj guide to flash Optimus V Firmware to the Optimus S it can be done but it's rather complicated.
    06-26-2014 07:53 PM
1,625 ... 3334353637 ...