08-07-2017 10:49 PM
1,625 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    Make sure you have the latest versions of everything, all the zips and recovery. And the md5sum files. If you push them to the card with the zip files TWRP will check the md5s itself and not flash if the zips are incorrect.
    Yeah. Just downloaded the 06/29 version of the ROM and the rest of the stuff. Gonna have to use my crappy netbook at home to transfer the stuff from my USB drive, though - the silly Optimus wouldn't connect to the computer today. Why that is, I have no idea. For now, I'll go through these steps with the 06/23 one, which I already have on there.

However...those SD problems worry me, lol. Those 492 error codes in the Play store. If my card is crappin' out on me, I'll have to make time to move everything off, reformat the card, and move it all back on...NOT a fast process on these lame computers OR on my netbook.
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    06-30-2014 08:38 PM
    kernel config fixes from p500 re-enable zram and... turn on selinux enforcing mode?? uh, yeah.
    Shinkenred likes this.
    06-30-2014 10:47 PM
    more kernel tweaks to ami304d and k3dh. gps toolbox shows all sensors working now, even the g-sensor. compass smooth after it starts up which is for some reason slow.

no long term testing yet on rotation.

thunderc-permissive_defconfig and thunderc-enforcing_defconfig, enforcing being tested. need amid304d.te and qmuxd.te, if anyone can find or make them from something else related.

Evening uploads if all goes well.
    dingermtb likes this.
    07-01-2014 12:37 PM
    ...scrap. That skinny gapps STILL won't fit. And I've even gone through the trouble of using File Manager to move almost everything from system/app to data/app. I hope this doesn't mean that EVERYTHING has to go to data/app...this is getting rather annoying.

UPDATE: I'm now down to just the following left in system/app: Camera2, DownloadProviderUI, Gallery2, HTML Viewer, & PackageInstaller. STILL only have 8092Kb free space in System according to TWRP. Needs 13108Kb just to fit that skinny gapps...I have no idea what to do.
    07-01-2014 05:04 PM
    ...scrap. That skinny gapps STILL won't fit. And I've even gone through the trouble of using File Manager to move almost everything from system/app to data/app. I hope this doesn't mean that EVERYTHING has to go to data/app...this is getting rather annoying.

UPDATE: I'm now down to just the following left in system/app: Camera2, DownloadProviderUI, Gallery2, HTML Viewer, & PackageInstaller. STILL only have 8092Kb free space in System according to TWRP. Needs 13108Kb just to fit that skinny gapps...I have no idea what to do.
    Gimme an hour or two and I'll figure you out something.
    07-01-2014 06:29 PM
    Thanks. (WOW. Just moved those last few things to data/app, and it STILL wasn't quite enough: 12812Kb/13108Kb. That's like 200 and change short. How odd...)
    07-01-2014 06:40 PM
    Thanks. (WOW. Just moved those last few things to data/app, and it STILL wasn't quite enough: 12812Kb/13108Kb. That's like 200 and change short. How odd...)
    funny.
    Well, the internal that's uploaded now should fit zvj with gapps and carrier fix, maybe even a MB or two to spare. It's 143MB system, leaves 15MB free for zvj.

os2sd being uppity.
    badblue1__ and Shinkenred like this.
    07-01-2014 06:59 PM
    getting a really weird glitch with os2sd build since last night.
    recovery won't flash the boot.img right. it does internal fine, and I can extract the .img from the os2sd zip and either flash or boot it with fastboot and it's all good. as soon as flash_image gets a hold of it, and I dump_image to get it back out, split_bootimg.pl won't touch it anymore and says no Android magic.
    I can use whatever version of twrp and it gives me the same issue.
    weird. no os2sd upload until I figure it out.

//edit: got it, was a bad merge from CM instead of androidarmv6.
    07-02-2014 12:49 PM
    getting a really weird glitch with os2sd build since last night.
    recovery won't flash the boot.img right. it does internal fine, and I can extract the .img from the os2sd zip and either flash or boot it with fastboot and it's all good. as soon as flash_image gets a hold of it, and I dump_image to get it back out, split_bootimg.pl won't touch it anymore and says no Android magic.
    I can use whatever version of twrp and it gives me the same issue.
    weird. no os2sd upload until I figure it out.

//edit: got it, was a bad merge from CM instead of androidarmv6.
    Will os2sd be uploaded soon with this issue fixed?
    07-02-2014 05:36 PM
    Hopefully.
    Been at work or presumably already.
    07-02-2014 07:33 PM
    os2sd still uppity. I don't wanna post a zip that needs fastboot to flash or boot it.

internal is up. using homebrew crosstool-ng built armv6k-targeted linaro 4.7.4 arm-eabi kernel toolchain.
    Internal getting 15.4 Mflops in Vellamo benchmark linpack score. Usually that's os2sd score with internal being lower around 13-14.
    07-02-2014 10:25 PM
    the silly Optimus wouldn't connect to the computer today. Why that is, I have no idea. .
    When I have problems getting a usb connection to the phone when it's running the rom, I find that it usually works to reboot the phone into recovery. Then start up usb mount from the recovery. Sometimes, it has also been necessary to unplug and replug to cable from one end or the other before the connection pops up on the pc. For me, usb connections are much more stable and reliable from the recovery than from the rom.

p.s. I am absolutely loving this Moto G with LTE and sdcard! I have been able to move about 3.5 GB of apps to the sdcard using the built-in kitkat app moving capability. That leaves me with 3 GB remaining of the phones 8 GB. Virgin's data network performance has always been extremely slow and flaky for me on the Optimus, but with T-Mobile LTE I am getting 37 Mbps down and 11 Mbps up. It's like I died and went to heaven!
    bigsupersquid and Shinkenred like this.
    07-03-2014 10:25 PM
    looks like os2sd boot.img problem was caused by some change in vendor/cm/config/common_full_phone.mk
    //edit: nope, that's not it. really weird.

for posterity I'll post the solution, even though it sounds stupid to me...
    had /sd-ext mounting as 'auto' filesystem type in fstab, both os2sd recovery and rom. twrp was tolerant of it and just had issues formatting /cache, but "mount_all /fstab.thunderc" in init.thunderc.rc went straight to the bootloader with that glitch in there.maybe part of the problem, but it actually ended up being something in the cm-11.0 branch of twrp I tweaked at somehow borking up the boot.img in the zip file. I have no idea why it does it, but with the stock android-4.4 branch of twrp, there are no booting issues with the os2sd build.

Should have a holiday version upload later today both internal and external. If my experiment works, there'll be both a 'trash' and 'extras' folder no trash in the extras folder!
    dingermtb likes this.
    07-04-2014 02:17 PM
    I see the 0705 md5sum file on os2sd Google drive, but no zip. Why no zip?
    07-04-2014 08:51 PM
    I see the 0705 md5sum file on os2sd Google drive, but no zip. Why no zip?
    started upload as testing going out the door... still fastboot, so killed upload.
    It's happened like 4 times now as I try to iron out whatever weird is going on.
    07-04-2014 09:23 PM
    ugh, it's still uppity and getting late. I need a nap... no independence os2sd I'm afraid.
    07-04-2014 10:28 PM
    os2sd finally fixed and uploading.
    see four posts up for what fixed it.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
    07-05-2014 11:08 AM
    funny.
    Well, the internal that's uploaded now should fit zvj with gapps and carrier fix, maybe even a MB or two to spare. It's 143MB system, leaves 15MB free for zvj.

os2sd being uppity.
    Leaves 15MB free for ZVJ, huh? Well, that does sound like a smaller number by itself than on good ol' ZVD, so I'll grab it and give it a whirl to see what happens...yesss.

yaconsult, I did all that, lol. None of that worked at the time. It seems alright now, though.
    07-05-2014 01:12 PM
    Wow, squid, I'm impressed! I salute you for keeping up the Internal ROM. I installed your new TWRP recovery (internal), and that works well on my V. I'm removing a few things, namely the calculator, and the camera, as I have some alternatives that I prefer. Will use Link2SD of course, and as usual, keep things minimal, but will squeeze a game or two somewhere. You may also see a few bucks coming your way shortly.
    07-05-2014 03:21 PM
    Scrap!!

This new one won't work with the SprintFixCM-11-4.4.4internal.zip! Was there a new version of the Sprint fix too?

Something about "error executing updater binary"...

Sent from my SPH-M830 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-05-2014 07:16 PM
    Scrap!!

This new one won't work with the SprintFixCM-11-4.4.4internal.zip! Was there a new version of the Sprint fix too?

pastebin the recovery.log (go to advanced in twrp, copy log to sd, then mount ums storage and copy recovery.log from the card to your pc and copy/paste its innards to pastebin.com, then post the link here.)
    Shinkenred likes this.
    07-05-2014 07:53 PM
    Scrap!!

ok, there was a glitch setting perms on a nonexistent file. Surprised there were no reports.

Unified 4.4.4 carrier fixes uploaded, use for both internal and os2sd, just use the right recovery.
    Shinkenred likes this.
    07-05-2014 08:14 PM
    How come setup wizard crashes? I thought that CMAccount.apk would fix this?
    07-06-2014 08:10 AM
    How come setup wizard crashes? I thought that CMAccount.apk would fix this?
    There should no longer be a cmaccount or setup wizard.
    Make sure your gapps are current.

Seems excessive, all the changes maybe, but like the OP says, it's experimental, and in flux.
    My own toy, copies passed out to share with the class.
    Gotta stay current on everything to keep up. If there's not a version number there's an upload date in the Drive folders.
    Shinkenred likes this.
    07-06-2014 08:35 AM
    I used the 4.4 skinny gapps os2sd, then got Google search manually. How come Google search crashes whenever I try to use it?
    07-06-2014 03:57 PM
1,625 ... 3536373839 ...